• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do The Lakers Trade Young Or Waive Him

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to various reports, they tried to trade him the last two summers and no body wants him, and will try to trade him again. The most recent article I saw suggest they would waive him and use the stretch provision. Not sure they need to use the stretch provision unless they get some really big signings that would push their salary up. He has one more year and a player option for the 2017-18 season. I would think most player like him would take the player option when they know they aren't that good

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cut him. He's worthless

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get anything at all for him, they should trade him just to be able to say they got something for him. Beyond that, just cut him. They gave him more than a fair chance to grow up, start taking shit serious and living up to his talent. He decided to continue being a knucklehead.

It's hard not to like him because he's completely harmless and some of the stuff he does is pretty funny. But he isn't the type of player you want influencing the young guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with both posts. Time to say bye-bye to the Swaggy dog and pony show.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go to Europe...he could have a decent career there. And he should take Byron Scott and most of the rest of the team with him. Believe me...the Lakers would be better off and Kobe could go with them to translate for them. I'd keep maybe four or five players...the rest can move on! You want to watch them win don't you? Because I can tell you one thing for sure...I won't be able to take another hapless season like this one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should go to Europe...he could have a decent career there. And he should take Byron Scott and most of the rest of the team with him. Believe me...the Lakers would be better off and Kobe could go with them to translate for them. I'd keep maybe four or five players...the rest can move on! You want to watch them win don't you? Because I can tell you one thing for sure...I won't be able to take another hapless season like this one.

Europe would probably be perfect for Swaggy P. I expect there will be a good bit of turnover on this roster. I'd keep:

Russell
Randle
Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Anthony Brown (only because he hasn't had a shot yet)
Lou Williams
Huertas (maybe)
Tariq Black (maybe)
Sacre (as 15th player/mascot)

I'd keep Black and Huertas as backups unless I could get a better one through FA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Europe would probably be perfect for Swaggy P. I expect there will be a good bit of turnover on this roster. I'd keep:

Russell
Randle
Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Lou Williams
Huertas (maybe)
Tariq Black (maybe)

I'd keep Black and Huertas as backups unless I could get a better one through FA.
The Lakers are going to keep their young players - that was entire point of losing two or three straight seasons If they get that first round draft pick

Russll
Randle
Clarkson
Simmons or Ingram

They have their team in a couple of years, it is going to take a couple of more to develop them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell
Randle
Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Lou Williams
Huertas (maybe)
Tariq Black (maybe)

I agree all the way on your list but I stop at Brown. Huertas , Sacre need to go imo. Tariq black's ok off the bench but at 6'9" I sometimes question his effectiveness at the 5. Lou is starting to get up there in age...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree all the way on your list but I stop at Brown. Huertas , Sacre need to go imo. Tariq black's ok off the bench but at 6'9" I sometimes question his effectiveness at the 5. Lou is starting to get up there in age...

Brown was actually rated higher than Nance coming out of college. He's supposed to be good from 3 point range, but hasn't had a chance to play. Just when he was going to start getting some time, he got hurt. Don't mind him getting another season. But if they can get a decent asset for him...

I would have agreed re: Huertas a bout a month or so ago because after looking like a poor man's Steve Nash in the pre-season, he sucked out loud and got buried on the bench for much of the regular season. However, over the last month or so, he was back to looking like the guy we saw in the pre-season.

Agree about Black. But he should be able to back up both the center and PF positions.

As for Sacre. He's the 15th guy. Somebody has to be that guy, may as well be him. He seems to be well liked in the locker room and he always plays hard (Wiggy would probably say he deserves TT money for that) so they could do a lot worse.