• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do Away With Ryder Cup and Only Have Presidents Cup

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we had the Bellsouth tour stop I went to that several times, the WGC Amex @ Crabapple, only 1 LPGAT event though.

Cool story...The Bellsouth used to be played TPC Sugarloaf CC, about 30 mins from where I live...at that time I was in real estate sales full-time and one of the agents had a neighbor that was a chef for the club...employees got to play on Mondays for free...you probbly see where this is going...played several times, but once was the Monday after the tournament and it was still in tourney condition.

I'm a decent length hitter...a good drive for me is 250-280 where we play...on those fairways I had at least 6 or 7 drives go 300+...the greens were pool tabletop smooth and faaaaaasssssstttt!!!

I'm played on a few private courses here that have some tour like greens, but never in PGAT conditions.

On the flip...we needed those spotters...lost a few balls in the rough.

Jealous...

I am also even more jealous of my dad and brother in law. Got to play St.Andrews. Sis works for Kohler... As a retirement present for my dad they went

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous...

I am also even more jealous of my dad and brother in law. Got to play St.Andrews. Sis works for Kohler... As a retirement present for my dad they went

Jealous...me too.

We played with this guy about a month ago, just paired with us and he had just come back from Scotland...A doctor...has played some many of the top courses in the world and he's only like 40 y/o....yeah I'm jealous.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euros have done a pretty good job of beating the Americans as posted earlier. Now you want to open it up and make their team stronger while eliminating a tradition that dates back nearly a century?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other way around......The President's Cup has no passion or much history.....get rid of it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of the Presidents cup and create an extra spot for each team of the Ryder Cup to invite a player outside of the US & Europe.

The criteria would be that they would have to be in the top 10 or so and they could announce who they would want to play for.

They only problem is that you could end up with these players always picking Europe.