• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DMC is back; Houston Inactive

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the defense goes yet another game without what now appears to be its best passrusher in Houston.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense needs to be healthy if we have any shot of winning the SB. I just hope we don't have any injuries today. We already saw how thin this roster can be in some places, and I don't exactly plan on finding out how good our 3rd stringers are.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic. I sure hope they figure something out in 2 weeks.:noidea::L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is exactly why we need a #1 receiver. Conservatism to a fault didn't help either obviously. Came up flat and got burned.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be making excuses or in denial, but it seemed they started out very vanilla, as if they knew we were facing the Colts in the playoffs. But then they couldn'I'm not trying to be making excuses or in denial, but it seemed they started out very vanilla, as if they knew we were facing the Colts in the playoffs. But then they couldn't turn it on or execute. Out thinking themselves? We needed the intensity because if Denver had lost... not that they would have.

Again, they couldn't execute - nothing to do with vanilla. They tried to turn it on later, but could not - nothing to do with vanilla.t turn it on or execute. Out thinking themselves? We needed the intensity because if Denver had lost... not that they would have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be making excuses or in denial, but it seemed they started out very vanilla, as if they knew we were facing the Colts in the playoffs. But then they couldn't turn it on or execute. Out thinking themselves? We needed the intensity because if Denver had lost... not that they would have.

Seems like we had a horrible gameplan more than anything and, yet again, lack of discipline. Unacceptable job from the coaching staff (and players too for the dumb penalties- Poe) this is simply not going to win playoff games if this continues. I am adamant in my confidence even if we were to play the Colts on the road. Colts came in and executed, and the Chiefs were drunk; that is all she wrote about this game and hopefully the last we will hear of it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel they either need Smith to be aggressive from the start or conservative and calm throughout. It seemed like they were conflicted with what they wanted to do.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 turnovers from an Alex Smith team equals instant loss.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are in, no need to fight as hard. Stay healthy, have a good gameplan and we stand a chance to win every game. Either way great season regardless

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this to a few people and no one seems to get that you can play vanilla AND play poorly. Those are not mutually exclusive. One can be upset if KC played vanilla and rested JC when a Denver loss equals first round bye, but would you say that if JC were knocked out? Will you say that if the Chiefs blow out the Colts with an aggressive WC game now that Denver did not lose? Big picture. Reid'll have better plays and game plan come playoffs. Big picture, the players need to play better and execute better come playoffs. NOT mutually exclusive. Yes, the Colts also have some different plays to hit the Chiefs with.

It did seem foreign to the defense that a team would pass for two yards on 3rd and 2.

Of course, now Denver gets to play Manning into the passing yards records next week and then shut it down. So a Denver loss does not show a blown opportunity, as they've clinched. Think they'll keep him out? Nah, Manning is all about the regular season records. Too close to be smart. I give them a 50% chance of shutting him down for the full game.

Last edited by a moderator: