• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DMac, Butler Knew He Was Not Starting

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not safe to assume that Rowe knew that he would be starting over Butler. For one, Rowe himself said he did not know, and to suggest that because he practiced a position, he knew he would be starting over Butler is a gross misrepresentation of what he said, and I wrote.

By your logic, a 5th string DB will either (a) not practice, or (b) as soon as he practices know he will start. Only by impossible logical leaps can one see Rowe's statement supporting McCourty's statements. By normal logic, Rowe's statements directly contradict whatever McCourty has said (as reported).

Rowe did not practice and prepare to play the position/role Butler played, but that of (presumably) of the 3rd CB (assuming Butler and what's-his-name were 1 and 2). With Butler out, he suddenly had to play Butler's position, while not having been prepared for that (in practice and film room study). Which is on the coaches.

Every player prepares, but usually in preparation focus is on a certain role within the team, focussing (normally) on certain opponents.
Rowe never said he did not know, stop making shit up.

The whole by my logic comment makes no sense at all, none, stop trying to create scenarios that don't exist simply to add fodder to your already weakened representation of the story. I am pretty damn sure the coaches had Rowe practicing the role he was going to play on Sunday, it's not as if arguably the best coach in the history of the game is going to miss the mark on that.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowe never said he did not know, stop making shit up.

The whole by my logic comment makes no sense at all, none, stop trying to create scenarios that don't exist simply to add fodder to your already weakened representation of the story. I am pretty damn sure the coaches had Rowe practicing the role he was going to play on Sunday, it's not as if arguably the best coach in the history of the game is going to miss the mark on that.

So Rowe is lying in your opinion, that is clear.

And I am not the one making shit up. Everybody on the outside was stunned. There is no logical explanation for benching Butler at that point of the season (based on how the season went). There was not even a logical explanation based on the match-ups with the opponent in benching Butler. And Butler's reaction itself was telling as well.

Much more likely, McCourty is being company man, no more, no less. BB f-ed up,

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's likely time to let this go. I will end with a basic train of thought that people can take however they see fit.

McCourty is one of the more respected players on the team and he knows what to say and what not to say and when or when not to say it. He's not one to make up tall tales, and stories nor is he one to make excuses for his comments, he has presented a comment that made it perfectly clear what took place, yet people not players of the game, not players of the team but message board members want to dispute his comments. They do so while not providing a shred of proof to substantiate their claims.

As to Butler and the crocodile tears, I believe and cannot back it up but I feel he knew and when the anthem was being played that is when it all hit him like a ton of bricks. The Pats knowing he is a FA, and knowing he is leaving could quite possibly have done him a favor by not making this into more then it needed to be. They may have helped him in his FA pursuit.

As to coaching errors and SB preparation, the coaching staff did what they feel was best for the team, team being the key word here. You win and lose as a team and if any of the rumors are true about Butler then he certainly did not present himself as a team player, that is a truth or non truth we may never know.

In the end neither team played any real defense the entire game so I am unsure playing Butler would have made any difference, both teams offense moved the ball with relative ease.

To Malcom thanks for the years, thanks for winning the Pats a SB, sorry it all ended so bitterly, best of luck with the future.