• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJax

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the need for him especially if Dak is Qb. We are a running team. We don't need a WR 1b. We need a cheaper version of Terrance Williams. Personally I think the guy is Andy Jones and we draft one. A 35-40 catch guy.
It doesn't matter if you or I think he's needed or not. The Salary cap says he's not signing with Dallas.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dumber than the report of the 3 way trade for Romo. There is ZERO chance this happens! NONE!

Buccaneers, Eagles, Patriots & Cowboys Reportedly Teams To Watch For DeSean Jackson

Nate Bouda 5 hours ago Buccaneers, Redskins 0 Comments

Update:

According to the Washington Post, the Redskins and free agent WR DeSean Jackson are expected to part ways with the coming days.

Some teams to watch for Jackson, according to the report, include the Buccaneers, Eagles, Patriots and Cowboys.

Clarence Hill Jr. reports that the Cowboys have “no interest” in Jackson, despite the report. Hill adds that Jackson appears to be out of their price range.

————

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is reporting that the Buccaneers are set to make a “strong push” to sign free agent WR DeSean Jackson. However, Rapoport adds that there is “lots of interest” in Jackson right now.

This shouldn’t come as a huge surprise, considering that multiple reports have linked the Buccaneers to Jackson in recent weeks.

Sources previously told Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com that Jackson will likely end up with a contract that will pay him around $12 million per year next week.

According to Pauline, the belief right now is that Jackson will end up signing with the Buccaneers, given that they have Jameis Winston in place as their long-term quarterback, there’s no state tax in Florida and there’s better weather down there.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk also mentioned the Buccaneers as a team to watch and added that the level of interest in Jackson is “sufficiently strong” enough for a bidding war to break out on Tuesday.

Jackson, 30, is a former second-round pick of the Eagles back in 2008. He spent six years with the Eagles before signing a three-year, $24 million contract that included $16 million guaranteed with the Redskins back in 2014.

In 2016, Jackson appeared in 14 games for the Redskins and caught 56 passes for 1005 yards receiving and four touchdowns. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 36 receiver out of 115 qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Top 100 – 2017 Free Agents list.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't think so. Britt makes some sense.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop wasting your time with this stupid trolling shit and go thank and congratulate Dirk Nowitzki on a hella 19 years and being the 6th player in the NBA to 30,000 points

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop wasting your time with this stupid trolling shit and go thank and congratulate Dirk Nowitzki on a hella 19 years and being the 6th player in the NBA to 30,000 points

You talking to me. How am I trolling?? At 7:00 it was being reported by 5 different people.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Dirk - great player, game changer

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking to me. How am I trolling?? At 7:00 it was being reported by 5 different people.

You know exactly what kind of backlash a thread like this would create on this board, and it appears you posted to merely incite fans of the team you claim to love so much! As educated as you are, and every one on this board has been for years about our cap situation by media, and other fans posting here, you know there was zero chance of this happening.

Admit that you just posted this to see who all would get pissed off and give you shit about it and you could play it off, as it was reported on multiple sites. Troll thread and you know it, but continue

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know exactly what kind of backlash a thread like this would create on this board, and it appears you posted to merely incite fans of the team you claim to love so much! As educated as you are, and every one on this board has been for years about our cap situation by media, and other fans posting here, you know there was zero chance of this happening.

Admit that you just posted this to see who all would get pissed off and give you shit about it and you could play it off, as it was reported on multiple sites. Troll thread and you know it, but continue

We almost got Ashumwa a few yrs back and had nothing. If you want one specific player I think you can get them . Thank the Lord we didn't but it was a possibility. Heck Todd Archer just mentioned it on Sportscenter . I never said I thought it would happen. Hell when have we ever been a big player in FA? When the Florios of the world say it though, I've learned you should probably listen.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I don't understand. Garçon and DJax are both 30. Garcon is likely to get a deal worth 10 mill/ yr. DJax 11-12 mill. Is 1-2 million really that big of a difference.? I've seen it said on this very board more than once how Garcon would be a nice pick up by several. I mention DJax and it's the dumbest idea ever. Is there really a difference????

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon ain't coming either. With Lee's restructure Dallas has cap space to sign a few mid to low FA's in order to field a competitive roster.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I don't understand. Garçon and DJax are both 30. Garcon is likely to get a deal worth 10 mill/ yr. DJax 11-12 mill. Is 1-2 million really that big of a difference.? I've seen it said on this very board more than once how Garcon would be a nice pick up by several. I mention DJax and it's the dumbest idea ever. Is there really a difference????

There isn't any difference as the premise is just STUPID, on both accounts! Dallas needs help on the defensive side of the ball and signing either wouldn't make sense. Dallas needs to use their cap room to sign possibly DWare or another pass rusher like Sheard. If Dallas uses their space appropriately they could add offense through the draft and could have a very formidable offense and a serviceable enough defense to go a long way in the playoffs

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not throw in Brandon Marshall's name into the ring of WRs that have almost zero chance to become Cowboys this offseason? He'd be a better fit in this offense than DJax, and likely play better than he has in NY's dumpster fire.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not throw in Brandon Marshall's name into the ring of WRs that have almost zero chance to become Cowboys this offseason? He'd be a better fit in this offense than DJax, and likely play better than he has in NY's dumpster fire.
Marshall is out, Giants signed him.
No I didn't take your sign Marshall post seriously.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is out, Giants signed him.
No I didn't take your sign Marshall post seriously.

They got him pretty cheap too. Gmen like the FA route. This looks real good for them on paper

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got him pretty cheap too. Gmen like the FA route. This looks real good for them on paper
2 years 12M per for an aged WR is cheap? Nevermind the fact he'll probably be there number 3 WR. I'm not saying it's a bad sign for the Giants, I'll say it was a unneeded signing.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years 12M per for an aged WR is cheap? Nevermind the fact he'll probably be there number 3 WR. I'm not saying it's a bad sign for the Giants, I'll say it was a unneeded signing.

I would have tried to keep that other monster DT not nicknamed Snacks, but that's just me. In 2015, he caught over 100 passes. Last yr that dipped to 60 with about 4 Qbs. I consider it pretty cheap yes. I think the guy has grown up a lot too. I have never liked him doing his TV show during the week of his games, but it hasn't really hurt his game. For a guy that has always been a number 1 that I would is a couple of good TEAM yrs from the Hall of Fame- to go somewhere where he knows he won't be the focal point says a lot.

I'm saying - great move by the Giants.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as Beckham is and as promising as Sheppard seems, the Giants needed a big target whether it be TE or WR.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got your Granny Smiths, your Red Delicious, Fuji's, Cortlands, MacIntosh, your Empires, Then there's Eli Apple, the Big Apple, Apple the computer company, Apple Pie, Apple Crisp, Rotten to the core apples.... and that's all I got to say about apples.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon ain't coming either. With Lee's restructure Dallas has cap space to sign a few mid to low FA's in order to field a competitive roster.

Nope, this is pretty dumb by both player and team too IMO!

Pierre Garcon expected to sign with 49ers, will reportedly make $16 million in Year 1

Garcon will reunite with his former offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan
Pierre Garcon is set to reunite with his former offensive coordinator. Kyle Shanahan served in that role for the the Washington Redskins from 2010-13, which included Garcon’s first two years with the team. Shanahan, of course, is now the coach of the San Francisco 49ers, and Garcon is expected to sign with them this week.

According to a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, the contract will be fairly large, as Garcon is expected to pull down $16 million during this first year of the deal.

That first-year salary is likely a bit misleading, though. Garcon almost certainly will not approach a $16 million average annual value. The 49ers can afford to front-load the contract because they have a ton of cap space.

It’s interesting that Garcon is willing to commit to San Francisco so early, being that the 49ers do not currently have a single quarterback on their roster. They’re expected to pursue Washington’s Kirk Cousins, who has thrown to Garcon the last few years, and have been connected to several quarterbacks in the draft, but Garcon is placing a lot of faith in Shanahan and John Lynch being able to draw a QB to the bay.

With Garcon and Brandon Marshall now apparently off the market , the wide receiver crop available in free agency is thinning out a bit. Players like DeSean Jackson and Terrelle Pryor could be in a position to benefit as teams look to fill holes on their rosters.