• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJ taking a break...

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th on the list for Ryder Cup & in line for other 2014 achievements. Is this about drugs, alcohol, the Gretzy bimbo??? He's been a good guy & a good player. Hope it's not serious or prolonged.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His substance abuse issues have been swept under the rug by the PGA Tour for years now... DUIs, beaten cocaine charges, even being caught having an affair with Jimmy Walker's wife.

If you ask me, The Great One saw something recently that made him force DJ to do this.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKRON, Ohio -- Dustin Johnson, one of the top American players, is taking a leave of absence to "seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced" and will not play in the Ryder Cup.

Johnson, 30, an eight-time winner on the PGA Tour who tied for 12th two weeks ago at the Open Championship, released a statement through his management company after having withdrawn from the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational earlier this week.

"I am taking a leave of absence from professional golf, effective immediately," Johnson said. "I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced. By committing the time and resources necessary to improve my mental health, physical well-being and emotional foundation, I am confident that I will be better equipped to fulfill my potential and become a consistent champion."

Johnson's agent, Davis Winkle, said neither he nor Johnson would have any further comment.

The PGA Tour said in a statement that it had nothing to add "but we wish him well and look forward to his return to the PGA Tour in the future."

The PGA of America has been told by Johnson's representatives that he won't play in the Ryder Cup at the end of September. If that holds, the players on the points list would move up a spot. Patrick Reed is currently 10th in the standings, with the top 9 after next week's PGA Championship automatically making the team. Captain Tom Watson has three at-large picks to make on Sept. 2.

Johnson currently is fifth on the points list, making him a virtual lock to make the team.

"We will certainly miss Dustin Johnson at Gleneagles, and we wish him the best," Watson said in a statement. "As one of the longest hitters in the game with an undefeated record of 3-and-0 at Medinah in 2012, he has clearly been an asset for the United States team.

"That said, the United States is a team with an abundance of talent," Watson said. "I am looking forward to teeing it up alongside those players in the PGA Championship at Valhalla, and finding out along with everyone else, which players qualify for the team based on points."

Last year, Johnson and girlfriend Paulina Gretzky, the daughter of NHL Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky, announced their engagement. Earlier this year, she appeared on the cover of Golf Digest, a controversial selection that upset some members of the LPGA Tour.

Johnson is generally regarded as one of the most talented players in the game. His eight victories are more than any player his age. He missed the cut last weekend at the Canadian Open and won't play in next week's PGA Championship.

Two years ago, Johnson missed significant time with a back injury, announcing it on the eve of the Masters. He did not play for three months from the WGC-Cadillac Championship until the Memorial Tournament.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I'm not shocked...I knew DJ has some history with drugs, or had heard about it actually, but I thought he was passed it.

For him to do this, chance are he was about to be exposed and was offer this option...Wish him the best getting himself back together.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knew something was up. just to take a leave out of the blue something must of happened

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 words.

Paulina Gretzsky. (I'll bet the ranch she at the heart of this thing.)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 words.

Paulina Gretzsky. (I'll bet the ranch she at the heart of this thing.)

Could be, but his 1st couple of positive tests I don't think she was in the picture yet...plus sleeping with another player's wife...he was out of control...the pgat rare make a 1st positive public.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read on Deadspin he's also reportedly had a few sexual encounters with a couple of wives of other PGA players. Weed, coke, and a womanizer? I like this guy's style. Party at DJ's! Who's coming with me?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you turkey! 12th at the open high, boozed and jizzin' around? Not too shabby.

... but a big fuck you to Daly that fat assed loser who just seeks attention. Why don't you tweet more sexual shit toward Miley?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's with Jim Nance saying yesterday that Dustin Johnson is "stepping away" from golf for awhile.

Wake the hell up Jim, he was suspend for Cocaine use and you know that already. Lets tell it like is.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's with Jim Nance saying yesterday that Dustin Johnson is "stepping away" from golf for awhile.

Wake the hell up Jim, he was suspend for Cocaine use and you know that already. Lets tell it like is.

Nance is incapable of telling the truth especially when it comes to golf. He's in full Augusta mode 24/7 these days and cannot see what the world knows is true.