• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Discuss the easiest ways to troll and rustle fans of your team

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer: Just be an annoying fucktard. That's what all trolls are.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish Brady was a WR.

Really?

tom-brady17.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were double digit favorites against Atlanta and we decide to blame a kicker. Not the multiple dropped picks, the underthrown sure TD, the running back going out of bounds, the "Take a knee" to play for OT. The two failed drives in OT. Nope, we blame it all on Gary. Just embarrassing.

The Saints game was just a combination of dumb turnovers, bad calls and idiotic coaching. I've never felt a bigger kick to the junk in my entire sports watching life.

For the Atlanta game, you're right, it was incredible how many chances they had to put it away, but they just kept shooting themselves in the feet repeatedly to let Atlanta back into the game and to eek out the upset. Atlanta was a legitimately decent team, but the Minnesota offense should have been energized enough to drop 40 on them easily. The Gary Anderson miss sucked, but even if he had made it, it would have put a sour taste to it to have it come down to that going into the Superbowl. To this day, I think the NFL and fans missed what could have been one of the GOAT title games between the Vikings and Broncos that year.

As for the Saints game, I agree there too. For some reason, people love to make Favre the scapegoat. As easy as it is to rip on Favre's history of bad interceptions in many big games, it should never have come to that. They turned the ball over what, 6 times? It's ridiculous that they took the game to OT with that many turnovers. Favre playing lights out for most of the game despite New Orleans clearly having an agenda to knock him out of the game (not getting into whether or not it was legit, but anyone watching the game who isn't biased could tell they were being unusually hard on Favre - they ddi the exact same thing to Kurt Warner the previous week against Arizona) is the only reason they hung in there until the end. Running AP up the gut on 1st and 2nd down with a FG attempt from 51 each play was classic Chilly ball. They should have ran Chester Taylor instead, IMO - AP was fumbling way too much and that was way too predictable in that situation. They might as well have ran Chester in what seemed like a passing situation even after the 12 man penalty just to regain a few yards to make the Longwell FG more manageable than 56 yards instead of putting the ball back in the hands of a shaken Favre. They still had a timeout to do it, and as long as yards weren't lost, it was worth a shot.

But I'm rambling now, ha.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run vs pass on the final offensive play against the Pats
Should have resigned Haushka

One thing sports commentators commonly say to justify those head-scratcher calls is that the coaches would have "looked like heroes" had the play gone well. Occasionally, they have a point. But the passing instead of giving the ball to Lynch situation is one where I firmly disagree with that sentiment. You simply do not deny Marshawn Lynch the ball in that situation. You give it to him up to three times if that's what it takes, and they could have done so with the timeout they still had. Even if the passing play had managed to succeed and win them the game, I would have called it pure luck on a poorly thought out play call on Seattle's part.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing sports commentators commonly say to justify those head-scratcher calls is that the coaches would have "looked like heroes" had the play gone well. Occasionally, they have a point. But the passing instead of giving the ball to Lynch situation is one where I firmly disagree with that sentiment. You simply do not deny Marshawn Lynch the ball in that situation. You give it to him up to three times if that's what it takes, and they could have done so with the timeout they still had. Even if the passing play had managed to succeed and win them the game, I would have called it pure luck on a poorly thought out play call on Seattle's part.

Yep. I'll never forget my exact reaction. The second Wilson dropped back to pass, I jumped off my couch and yelled: "What the hell are they doing?!?!" and then he threw. No second guess, just complete disbelief at the call. Bevell will never live that one down.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'll never forget my exact reaction. The second Wilson dropped back to pass, I jumped off my couch and yelled: "What the hell are they doing?!?!" and then he threw. No second guess, just complete disbelief at the call. Bevell will never live that one down.

I still couldn't believe they brought Bevell in for an interview for our vacancy at OC this off-season. I figured they'd still have the memories of his play calling fresh in their minds from his stint here as OC during the Childress era. As much blame as we lay on Chilly for that Saints game and a plethora of others, l firmly feel that Darrell "Run with AP on 1st and 2nd down, then pass on 3rd" Bevell deserves just as much of that infamy. Dude went right back to his old ways when we needed him the most in that Saints game.

Last edited:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still couldn't believe they brought Bevell in for an interview for our vacancy at OC this off-season. I figured they'd still have the memories of his play calling fresh in their minds from his stint here as OC during the Childress era. As much blame as we lay on Chilly for that Saints game and a plethora of others, l firmly feel that Darrell "Run with AP on 1st and 2nd down, then pass on 3rd" Bevell deserves just as much of that infamy. Dude went right back to his old ways when we needed him the most in that Saints game.

Man... We have some bad memories don't we?

Brad Childress ran a Big Ten style offense when he was the OC at Wisconsin in the early 90s and Bevell was his QB. There was no adjustment to the talent that was there, it was absolutely ridiculous.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... We have some bad memories don't we?

Brad Childress ran a Big Ten style offense when he was the OC at Wisconsin in the early 90s and Bevell was his QB. There was no adjustment to the talent that was there, it was absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely sickening to think about what could have been. They could have gone 14-2 and won the title with that team in '09 just by letting Favre call every offensive play and being done with it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely sickening to think about what could have been. They could have gone 14-2 and won the title with that team in '09 just by letting Favre call every offensive play and being done with it.

Alright, now I am pissed, although I guess that was the point of this thread.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have a problem with the pass play called if it was used to RW's strength. A play action call would have been the best call to make.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's news to me. Didn't know Bevell got an interview for your OC spot.