• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disassociation From Board

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this post through carefully, and have decided that I cannot stay with this tennis board any longer. When I first joined I thought it would be a good place to be. It appears when a poster posts anything related to Serena Williams people who hate her don't want anything good said about her. I don't see that in other players on here. Serena is one of my favorite tennis players. I don't think I will feel comfortable posting on her anymore. If any are wondering why I have come to this conclusion, read the post entitled, "Serena Withdraws From The Swedish Open". Feathers were ruffled when I responded to this poster about our regret about her having to pull out. Other players have pulled out and mean things were not posters in their threads. If you don't like her why do you get so angry about anything good being said about her. I am not a fan of all tennis players. Serena is not the only one of my favorites. I am probably old enough to be lots of posters grandmother, and great grandmother too. My oldest grandson is 33 years old. Thanks to the good Lord I still have the capacity to enjoy tennis and can communicate with people on a high level. I am not being run off the board, but I just do not desire to be among mean spirited and hateful posters. Take note that I am not denigrating everyone on this board.

I enjoyed responding to good posts and some of the posters are really great people. However, I just I cannot say good things and get disrespected for it. This is no place for me. I would rather not respond if my responses are going to cause that kind of action from someone else. I don't want to cause anyone to hate anymore than they already do. I wish everyone well on this board and I'm sorry that I have to leave. I hold no hate for anyone under any circumstance, but it is just that I am uncomfortable in this situation. I am being placed in a position wherein I don't want to respond to posts pertaining to Serena Williams as there is so much hate for her here. She is one of my favorites and that won't change. Everyone have favorites that is the way sports is and will always be. I knew that was what the whole post was about when I got that awful response, because why would anyone care about you agreeing with someone else? When one can't agree with another poster then it is time to go. Posters have fun on the board because unfortunately I did not have fun here. Good luck and may you all enjoy life and the board.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a message board. There will always be haters and there will always be obnoxious fanboys. You will end up not posting on anything because these folks will be on every board.

Maybe SportsHoopla will start a knitting board or an arts & crafts board. How heated could those get?

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a message board. There will always be haters and there will always be obnoxious fanboys. You will end up not posting on anything because these folks will be on every board.

Maybe SportsHoopla will start a knitting board or an arts & crafts board. How heated could those get?
I know that too, but I don't feel comfortable so I won't be on any of the boards anymore. The bottom line is that I cannot do it anymore. Thanks for your post and good luck to you.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thus far, this is the best tennis board i've been on, and i've been on a lot.

anyhoo, bye.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this post through carefully, and have decided that I cannot stay with this tennis board any longer. When I first joined I thought it would be a good place to be. It appears when a poster posts anything related to Serena Williams people who hate her don't want anything good said about her. I don't see that in other players on here. Serena is one of my favorite tennis players. I don't think I will feel comfortable posting on her anymore. If any are wondering why I have come to this conclusion, read the post entitled, "Serena Withdraws From The Swedish Open". Feathers were ruffled when I responded to this poster about our regret about her having to pull out. Other players have pulled out and mean things were not posters in their threads. If you don't like her why do you get so angry about anything good being said about her. I am not a fan of all tennis players. Serena is not the only one of my favorites. I am probably old enough to be lots of posters grandmother, and great grandmother too. My oldest grandson is 33 years old. Thanks to the good Lord I still have the capacity to enjoy tennis and can communicate with people on a high level. I am not being run off the board, but I just do not desire to be among mean spirited and hateful posters. Take note that I am not denigrating everyone on this board.

I enjoyed responding to good posts and some of the posters are really great people. However, I just I cannot say good things and get disrespected for it. This is no place for me. I would rather not respond if my responses are going to cause that kind of action from someone else. I don't want to cause anyone to hate anymore than they already do. I wish everyone well on this board and I'm sorry that I have to leave. I hold no hate for anyone under any circumstance, but it is just that I am uncomfortable in this situation. I am being placed in a position wherein I don't want to respond to posts pertaining to Serena Williams as there is so much hate for her here. She is one of my favorites and that won't change. Everyone have favorites that is the way sports is and will always be. I knew that was what the whole post was about when I got that awful response, because why would anyone care about you agreeing with someone else? When one can't agree with another poster then it is time to go. Posters have fun on the board because unfortunately I did not have fun here. Good luck and may you all enjoy life and the board.

Don't give up so easily.

Stand your ground and express your views, and don't take any crap from idiots.

Take a break from Tennis and join us on NFL and general boards.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this tennis board is damn good.

CBS board was good also but not as active

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sorry to see you go, but the answer to your concern is not to take a forum such as this so personally. I do not think that you actually know anybody personally for your feelings or pride to be hurt. This is an anonymous forum and no one knows you personally. Regardless of what anyone says about you on this forum, it does not change the person that you are. You are still the proud grandma, and mother and no amount of harsh words on anonymous forum can change that.
I may not be able to convince you to stay on this forum which is still the best out there even though the tennis forum becomes a graveyard with no tennis events. If you still feel this way of leaving, I wish you good luck and all the best.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportingly, you can't leave this way....you are one of the sanest posters on this board! You are one of those that I love to read! If you leave now, those racist/sexist a#$holes will win! These haters can't help themselves! Their parents brought them up this way....they are bringing up little racist/sexist a#$holes themselves! You can't change that! STAY AND FIGHT!!! Do what some of us are doing...speak up and don't read the nonsense some of these sickos write....there are 5 posters on this board that I NEVER read and never answer to....cuz all they do is try to bring the WS down....especially Serena! I know they read my posters cuz any time I write anything positive about Serena, they come like flies to say the most horrible things about her. Again, please don't leave....we need posters like you!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of these manifesto-type "I'm leaving now" threads.

Though the OP is obviously sincere, here's my feelings...

If it means nothing to you, leave quietly.

If it means something to you, make it better.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading these posts, I will consider giving it another chance. It brings tears to my eyes that you all speak so well to me and want me to stay. I had signed off for the last time, but I will reconsider. Thanks for all of your responses to me, and believe me I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I do know that everyone have their opinions, but it was all about the way it was expressed to me. There are ways to do say things in an orderly and decent manner, and that wasn't done. People argue all of the time, but there is also a way to argue. Hate has a way of growing and consuming people, and that's not good. I do hate to leave good people, and I promise you that I will reconsider after such a show of caring by you all.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportingly, you can't leave this way....you are one of the sanest posters on this board! You are one of those that I love to read! If you leave now, those racist/sexist a#$holes will win! These haters can't help themselves! Their parents brought them up this way....they are bringing up little racist/sexist a#$holes themselves! You can't change that! STAY AND FIGHT!!! Do what some of us are doing...speak up and don't read the nonsense some of these sickos write....there are 5 posters on this board that I NEVER read and never answer to....cuz all they do is try to bring the WS down....especially Serena! I know they read my posters cuz any time I write anything positive about Serena, they come like flies to say the most horrible things about her. Again, please don't leave....we need posters like you!
I know you are correct Simtast and I will reconsider for the sake of the good people like yourself. You always kept me abreast of the scores and had good things to say and I appreciate it as I expressed to you earlier. That is one reason that I will think about it further. Thanks for your kind words.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading these posts, I will consider giving it another chance. It brings tears to my eyes that you all speak so well to me and want me to stay. I had signed off for the last time, but I will reconsider. Thanks for all of your responses to me, and believe me I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I do know that everyone have their opinions, but it was all about the way it was expressed to me. There are ways to do say things in an orderly and decent manner, and that wasn't done. People argue all of the time, but there is also a way to argue. Hate has a way of growing and consuming people, and that's not good. I do hate to leave good people, and I promise you that I will reconsider after such a show of caring by you all.

Please understand that dislike or criticism isn't always "hatred." Not everyone is going to like the Williams and everything they do or have done.

That said, at least one poster isn't long for this board and for what it's worth, we're aware of the situation and appreciate your perspective.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportingly, glad you'll stay.

Try ignoring the hateful posts, don't even read them.

Only respond to the things that you like reading, or are done in a non disrespectful but engaging manner.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My advise to you if it is worth anything is not to spend too much emotional capital on what anybody says on a forum so that it leads you to decisions such as this. Remember not everyone loves Williams sisters and not everyone hates the Williams sisters. In the real world some will love you and others will hate you. You do not give up because of it. It is putting things in real perspective. I came in quietly and when I am leaving, I will go quietly.

Do not continue to think that it is the end of people criticizing the Williams sisters on this forum. Far from that you will still get people to respond to you viciously. The important thing is to respond in kind or let it be like the water on a duck's back and move on. Life is too short to be engaged in an emotional roller coaster on a message forum. Take care.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, have a beer or pop & stay awhile.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are correct Simtast and I will reconsider for the sake of the good people like yourself. You always kept me abreast of the scores and had good things to say and I appreciate it as I expressed to you earlier. That is one reason that I will think about it further. Thanks for your kind words.

great choice sport! You are MORE important them a 100 haters!!!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the word "hater" gets bandied about so readily. That said, you should stay and support your girl. There will never be a consensus on anything or person on a message board, or in life for that matter. :2cents:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would also tell sportingly that it's best to just not go into the serena-centered threads that pop up between tournaments. it's always garbage, and oftentimes instigated by a single poster.

when there's a big tournament going on, there's usually a thread or two where all of the actual tennis fans are discussing the action, including the williams sisters, and they rarely get into the big verbal battles between players' supporters and non-supporters.

good to see you'll stick around.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? I want to know who it is in the Homeland Security Department that lets women get on airplanes with fuckin' knitting needles. I mean, those things could be deadly weapons. Like, I used to be able to take off my socks and clip my toenails on the plane, but since the TSA came along, no more toenail clippers, but these ladies can come along with giant knitting needles and walk right on!