• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Direct TV NFL package

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the best rate anyone has gotten? I ain't paying full price... :yahoo:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE!

If you're past your 2 year contract, tell them you want to cancel DirecTV. They'll offer you Sunday Ticket for free.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't beat free...if free is not an option for you (mine was free LY), I didn't have much luck yet...imo have any price leverage until the games start unless you are really good on the phone with them.

One year I didn't pick it up until week 4 and paid $125 (in full) for the remainder of the season.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't beat free...if free is not an option for you (mine was free LY), I didn't have much luck yet...imo have any price leverage until the games start unless you are really good on the phone with them.

One year I didn't pick it up until week 4 and paid $125 (in full) for the remainder of the season.

Thanks all. Good info. :suds:

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free, because you threatened to cancel? :whistle:

Yup basically. I had the package for the last ten years. Told them they had priced it out of my budget so I wasn't going to renew it. I also said I was thinking about changing providers overall. They threw in the package and 6 months HBO etc.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the same boat

Yup basically. I had the package for the last ten years. Told them they had priced it out of my budget so I wasn't going to renew it. I also said I was thinking about changing providers overall. They threw in the package and 6 months HBO etc.

Wife called them to cancel and all we got was chickenshit, I think it was something like 34 a mo for 6 mos vs 39 a mo for 6 mos, and I have had the Ticket for OVER 10 years, HD,DVR package for probably 9 years, I was pretty pissed with such a weak counter so fuck it.

Very unlike XM, when we called them to cancel they found a way to comp us for the remainder of '13, and if they don't offer another deep discount will just go with Pandora next year.

I figure I will play it by ear for a few games, see if that 125 offer pops up, I'd be in for the Ticket at that #, in the meantime I have a code from my son to load it on my Android, I think I can get it on the big screen with the right cable, we'll see how that works out.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year of the strike I was so sick and tired of all the bullshit I cancelled it (couldn't stomach supporting those greedy bastards). They tried like hell to get me to reconsider but I stood firm. The next year I was going to sign back up but they beat me to it. Got a call on my cell one day and a dude started pitching me on; acted only mildly interested and him-hawed around. He finally gave it to me for half off. I've also played the cancel my account routine with DirecTV twice and both times got major discounts.

Let's be clear: no one can compete with DirecTV. They're the best.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife called them to cancel and all we got was chickenshit, I think it was something like 34 a mo for 6 mos vs 39 a mo for 6 mos, and I have had the Ticket for OVER 10 years, HD,DVR package for probably 9 years, I was pretty pissed with such a weak counter so fuck it.

Very unlike XM, when we called them to cancel they found a way to comp us for the remainder of '13, and if they don't offer another deep discount will just go with Pandora next year.

I figure I will play it by ear for a few games, see if that 125 offer pops up, I'd be in for the Ticket at that #, in the meantime I have a code from my son to load it on my Android, I think I can get it on the big screen with the right cable, we'll see how that works out.

They have a customer retention dept. and sometimes you strike out with who you get. Last time I got a black guy who was nice and professional and basically asked me what I wanted. I told him and he made it happen. Maybe try calling back and getting someone different?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a customer retention dept. and sometimes you strike out with who you get. Last time I got a black guy who was nice and professional and basically asked me what I wanted. I told him and he made it happen. Maybe try calling back and getting someone different?

I hear you man, maybe someone was having a bad day, I told the wife to play hardball because I have heard the same thing before, will see how things shake out as opening day approaches, it's gonna suck not having my choice after so many years. You and I agree Direct is the best thing out there, IMO no one else even comes close, esp in sports coverage.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well option two cancel tomorrow. Start new account in wife's name or your name whoever isn't on account now and package is free.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you man, maybe someone was having a bad day, I told the wife to play hardball because I have heard the same thing before, will see how things shake out as opening day approaches, it's gonna suck not having my choice after so many years. You and I agree Direct is the best thing out there, IMO no one else even comes close, esp in sports coverage.

Option three. Fire the wife and make the call yourself. Love my wife to death but sometimes just really hav to wonder wtf was she thinking?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're at the end of your contract you generally have some leverage...I got it for free LY that way...I'm biting the bullet and paying full boat $224 this yr...I buy it strictly to get all 16 Steeler games...I watch more than that of course, but this year is like most, PIT is one national TV 5 times so I'm paying $17.30 per game for 13 games...to kick back with my 60" and cold beverages...that's not terrible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option three. Fire the wife and make the call yourself. Love my wife to death but sometimes just really hav to wonder wtf was she thinking?

I think you really have to be ready to bolt...That's how I ended up with Comcast...I threaten to leave DTV and got no response so I left in '09...then DTV was calling, emailing, etc. I said why didn't you give me this when I was asking for it...I went the bar for Steeler games that yr.

2010 I went back to DTV for free NFL Tkt..and it expired in '2011 so I threaten to leave again and they gave me the Tkt LY for free with a 2 yr deal.

That said...as entertainment goes, you're getting your team every week for under $20 per game. I don't like paying it, and will be asking for it for free next yr again, but overall it's not that bad.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy the $99 version of Madden you get a full season of Sunday Ticket to stream FYI.

Ghoonsquad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you really have to be ready to bolt...That's how I ended up with Comcast...I threaten to leave DTV and got no response so I left in '09...then DTV was calling, emailing, etc. I said why didn't you give me this when I was asking for it...I went the bar for Steeler games that yr.

2010 I went back to DTV for free NFL Tkt..and it expired in '2011 so I threaten to leave again and they gave me the Tkt LY for free with a 2 yr deal.

That said...as entertainment goes, you're getting your team every week for under $20 per game. I don't like paying it, and will be asking for it for free next yr again, but overall it's not that bad.

I hear you. I have no problem paying it to be honest. But if I can BS my way into not paying it why not? The one complaint I do have is like you I pay to watch the Steelers. Problem in I live in bay area. If they play Oakland and Steelers fans don't sell the game out its blacked out. Not cool when it's really the only game I want to watch.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be sincere with your threat to cancel.

They can read bullshit from a mile away. It's all they hear all day every day, after all.