• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Dignity And Class

How should the Lions handle Coach Caldwell?

• Wait until this contract is finished before bringing in another head coach.

• Wait until the end of this season to announce his new position as Director of Player Personnel.

• Walk in on his weekly press conference and announce a new head coach.

• Send him an note that "...practice changed to Toledo facilities..." then change locks in Allen Park

• Take the Presidential route; "Tweet, Tweet" a new HC and see if JC follows the Lions feed.

• Announce a decision to go in a new direction, thank him for service, announce interim for this week.

• Just fire him. Now. Decide on next HC later.

Results are only viewable after voting.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'm an optimist and think that business should be handled with civility. This season has shown that every opportunity has been extended to the HC, and he truly is in the wrong position within this franchise. That's not to say that every coach on the staff should go, or that there is a particular candidate I like more than others, but I am saying the current coaching staff is being led astray. So, what should the Lions do about it?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressure the Fords to sell would be my first choice.

Doesn't much matter who is coaching with them in charge. 54 years of not winning jack shit speaks for itself. Or is it 55?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punch him in his clueless zombie face and tell him to GTFO.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Fox to the lions

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for being the leader of lambda lambda moos. Now go be the best leader the Boy Scouts could ask for.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressure the Fords to sell would be my first choice.

Doesn't much matter who is coaching with them in charge. 54 years of not winning jack shit speaks for itself. Or is it 55?

Speaks volumes!!

We need a harassment conspiracy against Roary and force her to sell.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait until the end of the season and probably make him an admin in the org somewhere. It would certainly be fitting of his game management style to stay close to him and let him think he has a shot of being here next year and then pull the rug out at the last second. He will at least know how we all felt watching games.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'm an optimist and think that business should be handled with civility. This season has shown that every opportunity has been extended to the HC, and he truly is in the wrong position within this franchise. That's not to say that every coach on the staff should go, or that there is a particular candidate I like more than others, but I am saying the current coaching staff is being led astray. So, what should the Lions do about it?
Why are you so upset? If you were a Browns fan then I would have empathy toward you.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so upset? If you were a Browns fan then I would have empathy toward you.

Number of Superbowl visits for Detroit?

Zero

It's not like the coaching staff hasn't been given a decent run at this. They have, for multiple years. Front office has improved, overall player quality has improved, but the leadership from the sideline has not. Players aren't getting any younger, and the coaching staff isn't improving as the rest of the organization moved forward. Nothing personal, it's just the right business decision at this time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of Superbowl visits for Detroit?

Zero

It's not like the coaching staff hasn't been given a decent run at this. They have, for multiple years. Front office has improved, overall player quality has improved, but the leadership from the sideline has not. Players aren't getting any younger, and the coaching staff isn't improving as the rest of the organization moved forward. Nothing personal, it's just the right business decision at this time.
Bring back Bobby Layne.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell apparently thinks going 9-7 instead of 8-8 is going to save his job. He said he will not rest his starters. Lets hope nobody gets killed in a meaningless game because of this idiot. If Staff gets seriously hurt it would set us back several years.

I cant wait for next Tuesday.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Super Bowl era (since 1967), the Browns have won 6 playoffs games and made the AFC conference championship game 4 times.

In the Super Bowl era (since 1967), the Lions have won 1 playoff game.

For that matter, since 1957, the Detroit Lions have won 1 playoff game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Super Bowl era (since 1967), the Browns have won 6 playoffs games and made the AFC conference championship game 4 times.

In the Super Bowl era (since 1967), the Lions have won 1 playoff game.

For that matter, since 1957, the Detroit Lions have won 1 playoff game.
How old were you in 1957?