• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the Broncos improve their offensive line enough?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projecting a 3rd round comp pick for Okung based on $$$ so the potential is great if Bolles or even Sambrallo can man the LT this year. Right now Bolles is getting blown up by the FA Lber they signed from NO. If the LT spot is worst than last year no compensation is good enough.

3rd and 2 has been an issue for years so I hope the beef now will allow the O to impose their will and continue to keep the O on the field.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good. I know for a fact Ty sucks. So that leaves us with Stephenson manning the LT spot if Bolles doesn't miraculously turn this around.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty........no one will know until the real games start.

I think Elway has done everything in his power to get the O-Line "right". No one better that a former QB to know what is needed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Elway has done everything in his power to get the O-Line "right". No one better that a former QB to know what is needed.

LOL - my thought was - where was Elway last year?

You are so right though - there is nothing definitive about the Oline roster - other than a vague expectation of improvement. Will the offense allow the Bronco's best five - to play in the right match ups? One thing is for sure- these Broncos are going to have to mount a running attack - because the young QBs will get killed if it goes like last year's offense.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is, Elway has sucked evaluating o line talent thus far

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good. I know for a fact Ty sucks. So that leaves us with Stephenson manning the LT spot if Bolles doesn't miraculously turn this around.
'

The year Sambrailo started out at LT I believe he gave up no sacks what was it 2 1/2 games ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problem is functional leg strength ... Not sure he can solve it squatting with weights .

Hope he can no telling for sure ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, Elway has sucked evaluating o line talent thus far

One of his problems is those shine objects in the first round .. Miller ,Ray ,Robey

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going develop a OL you damn well better have a miny Napoleon type of OL coach .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody know if the new additions plus returning guys on O line will be what all Denver fans hope it will be. Which is " much " improved, if they have a shot of going deep into playoffs. Like they say, proof will be in pudding. Even if they start season on high note, we better hope the starters stay healthy because Denver is lacking in depth if any of those starters go down early. Hopefully a lot of the returning lineman took all the seriously negative comments they got all off season and have dedicated themselves into proving the naysayers wrong this year. Plus, if they want to have career in NFL, they better. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still maintain this is the biggest area of weakness on this team and the biggest candidate to be the 2017 Broncos undoing. However I keep using the words "marginal" improvement and I believe that's what we'll see over last year's unit. There's a new system and some new faces and we're kidding ourselves if we think that's going to be without its growing pains and setbacks. Still, the bar isn't exactly set very high and it really isn't all that unreasonable to expect the unit to be better.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos managed the daily double last year by being both one dimensional and bad at the same time on Offense. McCoy will bring a measure of versatility to the offense - if the defense starts to worry about what you are going to do next - all of a sudden the Oline looks better. If the Broncos display an offense that keeps the defense back on its heels - that's a world of difference over the Oline protecting for 3rd and 10 with an inexperienced QB.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference to Denver getting to playoffs will be O line . Guaranteed. Unless TS goes down and Denver has to go Lynch. :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Elway isn't done with the OL yet. There are always some surprise cuts after the preseason, so they may be able to find another piece then. Not ideal to be banking on by any means, but combined with FA and the draft, it may be enough to do something. Then, there is also the trading deadline. Maybe someone else finds gold with a draft pick and it makes an able vet expendable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Elway isn't done with the OL yet. There are always some surprise cuts after the preseason, so they may be able to find another piece then. Not ideal to be banking on by any means, but combined with FA and the draft, it may be enough to do something. Then, there is also the trading deadline. Maybe someone else finds gold with a draft pick and it makes an able vet expendable.

I just keep hoping that the Eagles dump Jason Peters for some extra cap space. It won't happen but that would be the perfect fit. Get him on the team then maybe move our rookie over to the RT spot. I would feel much better about our OL being decent if that happened.

I will say though I do like what I am hearing from practice of the OL being very physical (given they don't have pads so have to be a bit careful) but they are really trying to live out that desire to be an aggressive unit. They are getting beat a lot in passing situations but then again the Broncos do have one of the best pass rushing duos in the entire league so that is bound to happen some.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep hoping that the Eagles dump Jason Peters for some extra cap space. It won't happen but that would be the perfect fit. Get him on the team then maybe move our rookie over to the RT spot. I would feel much better about our OL being decent if that happened.

I will say though I do like what I am hearing from practice of the OL being very physical (given they don't have pads so have to be a bit careful) but they are really trying to live out that desire to be an aggressive unit. They are getting beat a lot in passing situations but then again the Broncos do have one of the best pass rushing duos in the entire league so that is bound to happen some.
Oh man... Peters would be awesome. He still has something left in the tank and he could help groom Bolles to take over the position when it runs empty. But like you said, that will probably never happen, so thanks for getting my hopes up!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man... Peters would be awesome. He still has something left in the tank and he could help groom Bolles to take over the position when it runs empty. But like you said, that will probably never happen, so thanks for getting my hopes up!

I've heard some whispers that they are thinking about it but hoping a team wants to trade for him so they are holding onto him for the time being. I wouldn't mind a 3rd or 4th round in a trade for him even if we only get him for say 2 years. Worth it for a high quality LT plus he fits the aggressive run people over style that we are trying to establish in Denver.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some whispers that they are thinking about it but hoping a team wants to trade for him so they are holding onto him for the time being. I wouldn't mind a 3rd or 4th round in a trade for him even if we only get him for say 2 years. Worth it for a high quality LT plus he fits the aggressive run people over style that we are trying to establish in Denver.

Peters-Leary-Paradis-Garcia-Bolles

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver had the worst 3 and outs last year at 53. The defense forced 50 so that is the only reason Denver was above .500 . This year a 3rd and 3 swing pass (long hand-off) to Charles for 5 yards will allow the offense to stay on the field.

If they can just be middle of the pack with whomever is at QB , could be a specail season again for Denver if the defense hasn't taken a step back.