• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Notre Dame's Blowout Loss To Miami Expose Georgia As Overrated?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an estimate, but I think Georgia is where we were a few years ago. Tons of skill players, not as talented in the trenches. I'd say Bama and Auburn in the SEC, Clemson and Miami in the ACC, Oklahoma and TCU in the Big 12, Wisconsin and OSU in the Big 10 (at least when Ohio State is on point, they're wildly inconsistent), I think Notre Dame and Georgia are very, very close this year, and UCF has looked good against their terrible competition, so that might be a good game. So they're on the cusp of the top 10, and they might be anywhere from 9 - 11.

I admit to not having watched much of Georgia this year. I watched most of the ND game because my best friend is an ND fan. Everything else has been highlights. From the limited I have seen I think you can safely put Bama, Auburn, Miami, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma ranked ahead of Georgia. Clemson probably as well. TCU no, UCF no, and Ohio State no.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team (ND and Georgia) loses thereby exposing them, does that mean that the teams they beat are "exposed" and the teams that the teams they beat are also exposed.

By that criteria any team that loses a playoff or bowl game by 3 touchdowns is exposed and should not have been in the bow. But then which of the teams they beat and who them beat others should have replaced them.

Also, I guess Navy and Stanford can't wait to beat up on "exposed" ND.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team (ND and Georgia) loses thereby exposing them, does that mean that the teams they beat are "exposed" and the teams that the teams they beat are also exposed.

By that criteria any team that loses a playoff or bowl game by 3 touchdowns is exposed and should not have been in the bow. But then which of the teams they beat and who them beat others should have replaced them.

Also, I guess Navy and Stanford can't wait to beat up on "exposed" ND.
I think both of their weaknesses were exposed in those games, not the overrating part. JMO.

I see a lot of similarities between Notre Dame and Georgia...which was somewhat verified by the close game they played. Both ran into trouble when they had to be two dimensional on offense and couldn't do it. Unless a team just has superior offensive personnel, it seems more and more likely they need to be two dimensional on offense. People talk about Mayfield but OU can run it, throw it and then let Mayfield play sandlot ball when things break down.

Still think both of ND and Georgia are pretty good teams.