• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did MSU Know?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.freep.com/story/opinion...anna-simon-resignation-letter-msu/1067001001/

In a crisis, words matter. They shape opinion and form the basis of reputation.

When the leader of a large university resigns during a crisis and chooses not to hold a press conference, answer questions from journalists or meet directly with students and faculty, a resignation letter must do all of the talking. In that case, written words particularly matter.

The motivation of now former Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon’s letter of resignation may have been one of protection from the growing anger at the university as more details come to light about abuse at the hands of Larry Nassar. But the result of the letter may be a first in modern public relations – it has actually deepened the crisis in East Lansing.

Resignation letters that are intended for public view are typically last gasps of leadership. They are often the first step in helping an organization close one chapter and move into another. They are typically written succinctly, following the adage that “less is more.” But Simon chose arrogance over humility, defensiveness over compassion and callousness over sensitivity, in a lengthy recitation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begs the question: Did MSU truly know and now "guilt" is catching up with them?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"President Simon has offered her resignation to the Board of Trustees, and we will accept it. We agree with Dr. Simon that it is now time for change.

President Simon has served with distinction as MSU’s President for 13 years and has been a constant presence at the university for more than 40 years. She literally has devoted her entire professional life to this institution, and more than anyone else has helped make MSU a national and international leader in higher education.

We will be working through the details of transition with President Simon through the rest of the week and will announce them as soon as we can. Many are aware President Simon delayed returning to the faculty to lead through the challenges the university has been facing. We greatly appreciate her integrity, her many contributions, and her willingness to continue to serve through transition."

--Brian Breslin, Chair, MSU Board of Trustees

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is worse then Penn State and Baylor combined

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,921.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sexual abuse counselor dealt with 100's of cases at MSU......

Wow.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jay Bilas put things into perspective this morning.

You have to investigate what the POLICY was when it involves the head coach. If Izzo was formally instructed by the university to do "x" and he did "x", then he in no way should be disciplined for this. If he did not follow policy, then he should be fired. But we have to let the investigation build the facts before we throw stones. Same goes for Dantonio.

If you discovered that a co-worker of yours was accused of sexual assault, you might have responsibility to report it. If your company covers it up outside your knowledge, is it fair for you to be blamed for that?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot going on here. A lot of generalizations being made. A lot of jumping to conclusion. A lot of outrage. A lot of over reactions. A lot of actual wrong doing. A lot of blame to go around. I don't know what to make of it all yet.

I do hate when people act like (or in some cases actually believe) that just because an accusation is made something should be done. I just watched the OTL thing for the second time, they talk about Appling and Payne specifically. Payne cooperated with the police fully and was even recorded. The police didn't press charges. Later after further complaints the justice department, the department of education, and the NCAA all separately looked into the case to see if anything was wrong with the handling of the incident. Still no charges have ever been filed either against the players or against the university. But now Adrian Payne was just released from his paying job due to fear of being assciated with over reactions. (And because he isn't good)

Also they bring up 2 separate cases from 2017. Dantonio instantly kicked off the 4 players from the team. Then this former employee accuses Dantonio directly of being a liar, and covering up or refusing to act on charges. Pretty sure I don't believe this self-identified disgruntled former employee any further than i can throw her. But that also doesn't discredit everything she says, it just needs to be corroborated and investigated and taken with a grain of salt.

I just don't know what to make of it all. 2 weeks ago I would have said Izzo was the one guy of all the major basketball powerhouse HoF coaches that I trusted most. Ahead of Coach K and way ahead of some of those guys you know are dirty but haven't found proof of yet. Now? I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but some of his statements regarding Nasser especially have kind of loaded the gun, took the safety off, and aimed it directly at his own foot...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot going on here. A lot of generalizations being made. A lot of jumping to conclusion. A lot of outrage. A lot of over reactions. A lot of actual wrong doing. A lot of blame to go around. I don't know what to make of it all yet.

I do hate when people act like (or in some cases actually believe) that just because an accusation is made something should be done. I just watched the OTL thing for the second time, they talk about Appling and Payne specifically. Payne cooperated with the police fully and was even recorded. The police didn't press charges. Later after further complaints the justice department, the department of education, and the NCAA all separately looked into the case to see if anything was wrong with the handling of the incident. Still no charges have ever been filed either against the players or against the university. But now Adrian Payne was just released from his paying job due to fear of being assciated with over reactions. (And because he isn't good)

Also they bring up 2 separate cases from 2017. Dantonio instantly kicked off the 4 players from the team. Then this former employee accuses Dantonio directly of being a liar, and covering up or refusing to act on charges. Pretty sure I don't believe this self-identified disgruntled former employee any further than i can throw her. But that also doesn't discredit everything she says, it just needs to be corroborated and investigated and taken with a grain of salt.

I just don't know what to make of it all. 2 weeks ago I would have said Izzo was the one guy of all the major basketball powerhouse HoF coaches that I trusted most. Ahead of Coach K and way ahead of some of those guys you know are dirty but haven't found proof of yet. Now? I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but some of his statements regarding Nasser especially have kind of loaded the gun, took the safety off, and aimed it directly at his own foot...
I have similar feelings about Izzo. I highly respect him, and want to believe that if there is anyone that is going to do the right thing it would be him. However, a lot of people could and did say the same things about Paterno. That being said, there is a long road here with investigations and fact finding. As I stated yesterday, I will be very very surprised if this leads to either Izzo or Dantonio's firing

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begs the question: Did MSU truly know and now "guilt" is catching up with them?
Important people at MSU knew.

And I'm sure important people within the US Olympic Gymnastics knew.

A lot more careers will be coming to an end. And some will see the inside of a prison.

Mark Dantonio is gonna get fucked in this more than anyone. I doubt he even knew who Larry Nasser was. But he knew he kept running criminals out there on his football team. Hopefully it doesn't end with him. Fuck the NCAA, right in their collective asshole.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have similar feelings about Izzo. I highly respect him, and want to believe that if there is anyone that is going to do the right thing it would be him. However, a lot of people could and did say the same things about Paterno. That being said, there is a long road here with investigations and fact finding. As I stated yesterday, I will be very very surprised if this leads to either Izzo or Dantonio's firing
I assume Dantonio is done.

He had guys get out of jail in the morning and play football in the afternoon.

If Izzo goes down, it'll be from digging way back in the Cleeves era. Old school MSU dirty. That piece of shit never should've been in a university. And Tom named his son after him...