• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Dallas already draft their Safety?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to inject, like Lee Corso says...Not so fast my friend. Kavon Frazier may give Heath/Blanton more of a battle than Woods. Don't forget about him and don't be surprised if he takes that job.
I don't get too concerned with week one. I'm thinking long term and I think Frazier is definitely in the mix for both. It's not like Heath or Blanton are really any good. I only mentioned Blanton because I don't think any of us forgot about Frazier, but I know I had forgotten about Blanton. Heath and Blanton likely just help us set the floor IMO. The ceiling will hopefully be set by Frazier and Woods. Frazier has a huge edge for early in the season in that he has been with the team a year. Before we drafted Woods it was he I hoped would win the job outright and keep the others snaps to a minimum. But, I think Woods has a little bit better natural skill set for what we want to do, so long term I think if he pans out he is the one with the best chance to excel. So now I'm hoping for him to win the job. Perhaps this year we see some of Frazier on early downs and Woods more in passing situations. Regardless the best part about this is that there are going to be a lot of guys fighting for jobs in the secondary this year (and throughout the roster). Competition and depth are improving year by year. When a Rookie QB comes in and the team leaves a face of the franchise type QB on the bench for him because he proves to give us a better chance to win it validates Garrett's talking point about competition and that it is not just lip service. Even with his flaws on game day and questionable time management, this is what makes Garrett one of the best coaches in the NFL IMO.