• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did any of you'all feel that earthquake this morning?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It was Houston pounding us in the ass. I can't wait to see what @Goldbug has to say about this.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It was Houston pounding us in the ass. I can't wait to see what @Goldbug has to say about this.

Our overpaid coaching staff did another great job leading the team to a victory over an opponent we were favored to beat by 11 points.
qlZlxO_X0lx14pP6HQyNRwVse04_VFAFoBipYHSWwEIJkO5o_U1mOXShqWgww9N2kkTENIEsqircKw26cDi1I3-CxbarTl1Cqtg=s0-d-e1-ft

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our overpaid coaching staff did another great job leading the team to a victory over an opponent we were favored to beat by 11 points.
qlZlxO_X0lx14pP6HQyNRwVse04_VFAFoBipYHSWwEIJkO5o_U1mOXShqWgww9N2kkTENIEsqircKw26cDi1I3-CxbarTl1Cqtg=s0-d-e1-ft

Time to ask the hard questions. Unless Bob runs the table the rest of the way, I'm about done.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to ask the hard questions. Unless Bob runs the table the rest of the way, I'm about done.

Yea, it's time. I've been beating that drum for two years. I honestly think he's past his prime and he's just hanging on for the money and to feed his ego. He caught lightening in a bottle in 2000 but he's been outcoached, outrecruited and outworked for the past few years. The problems is Boren and Castiglione love the guy and defend him when they are asked point blank why the @#$% are we spending so much time and money upgrading our facilities but they get all wobbly when they think about upgrading our head coach. There are a dozen coaches who could replicate Bob's results at OU. We need someone who can do better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it's time. I've been beating that drum for two years. I honestly think he's past his prime and he's just hanging on for the money and to feed his ego. He caught lightening in a bottle in 2000 but he's been outcoached, outrecruited and outworked for the past few years. The problems is Boren and Castiglione love the guy and defend him when they are asked point blank why the @#$% are we spending so much time and money upgrading our facilities but they get all wobbly when they think about upgrading our head coach. There are a dozen coaches who could replicate Bob's results at OU. We need someone who can do better.

Fuck, Herman looks pretty damn good.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, Herman looks pretty damn good.

Herman could end up going to the OU/Texas loser. Whoever gets Herman may have to make their offer before the end of the season. Herman will finish the year at Houston but he will already be contracted to leave if my guess is right. I can't see OU being that aggressive unless the season really goes to shit. And even then Boren and Castiglione might want to give him "one more year" which would drive the Sooners faithful to drinking. I've talked to Castiglione and he simply doesn't listen to criticism of Stoops. It would take a miracle (or disaster) for Castiglione and Boren to abandon their allegiance to the Stoops regime.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman could end up going to the OU/Texas loser. Whoever gets Herman may have to make their offer before the end of the season. Herman will finish the year at Houston but he will already be contracted to leave if my guess is right. I can't see OU being that aggressive unless the season really goes to shit. And even then Boren and Castiglione might want to give him "one more year" which would drive the Sooners faithful to drinking. I've talked to Castiglione and he simply doesn't listen to criticism of Stoops. It would take a miracle (or disaster) for Castiglione and Boren to abandon their allegiance to the Stoops regime.

Castiglione and Boren are pussies. That's it. Period. They're happy with what OU football has been putting on the field because it's just enough to keep the money coming in. They're not serious about bringing another title to Norman.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castiglione and Boren are pussies. That's it. Period. They're happy with what OU football has been putting on the field because it's just enough to keep the money coming in. They're not serious about bringing another title to Norman.

You just hit the nail on the head. Neither of them want to take a risk at this stage of their careers at OU. They will both retire in the next few years but the dry rot is already killing us in the football program. Their risk-adverse management style is structured to do exactly what you said: keep things rolling along and keep the money coming in. It's going to take a disastrous situation to get them to consider making a move before Bob retires and Stoops is NOT close to retirement. They're both OK with 9-3 and 10-2 seasons.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just hit the nail on the head. Neither of them want to take a risk at this stage of their careers at OU. They will both retire in the next few years but the dry rot is already killing us in the football program. Their risk-adverse management style is structured to do exactly what you said: keep things rolling along and keep the money coming in. It's going to take a disastrous situation to get them to consider making a move before Bob retires and Stoops is NOT close to retirement. They're both OK with 9-3 and 10-2 seasons.

And that's exactly what we'll get. Also, this conference is fucking killing us. We recruit soft players for these joke/gimmick systems and we get taken to task by the big boys. Get us the fuck out of this joke conference right the fuck now.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's exactly what we'll get. Also, this conference is fucking killing us. We recruit soft players for these joke/gimmick systems and we get taken to task by the big boys. Get us the fuck out of this joke conference right the fuck now.

I totally agree and I've sounded like a broken record for two years about this. We're going out with some friends and their wives in a minute and the other three guys are like me. We have all run businesses for years and have been in a position where we had something that was decent enough but it had become stagnant. It's situations like that which are the hardest to admit you need to make a big change. Disaster is easy to identify and repair. But so-so? It's always easier to just listen to other people tell you things will change for the better when something is so-so. Unfortunately all four of us agree that OU would need to be hit with disaster to force a change because Boren/Castiglione have been getting soft over the years and don't want to rock the boat. In the meantime, we limp along. We need different coaches, a different type of player and new surroundings to bring Oklahoma back to an elite status but first, our University leaders need to see it that way too. People like you, me and others who agree with us need to raise hell about accepting "so-so" at Oklahoma when schools like Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, etc. prove a program can win NC's when the right ingredients are there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree and I've sounded like a broken record for two years about this. We're going out with some friends and their wives in a minute and the other three guys are like me. We have all run businesses for years and have been in a position where we had something that was decent enough but it had become stagnant. It's situations like that which are the hardest to admit you need to make a big change. Disaster is easy to identify and repair. But so-so? It's always easier to just listen to other people tell you things will change for the better when something is so-so. Unfortunately all four of us agree that OU would need to be hit with disaster to force a change because Boren/Castiglione have been getting soft over the years and don't want to rock the boat. In the meantime, we limp along. We need different coaches, a different type of player and new surroundings to bring Oklahoma back to an elite status but first, our University leaders need to see it that way too. People like you, me and others who agree with us need to raise hell about accepting "so-so" at Oklahoma when schools like Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, etc. prove a program can win NC's when the right ingredients are there.

You might be able to rock the boat @Goldbug, but I don't believe my voice would be heard. I feel like I just have to sit here in disgust until these two bitches retire.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be able to rock the boat @Goldbug, but I don't believe my voice would be heard. I feel like I just have to sit here in disgust until these two bitches retire.

Oh hell no, Romeo. You are what make up Sooners Nation. You're a smart person who understands the problem and you know the game of football. You are also a good communicator. The AD and President at OU know that for every 1 person who takes the time to raise an issue there are 20 others who agree with them. If you state what needs to be done on a chat board, you say what needs to be said on a call-in show, you write a letter to Castiglione telling him you will not step foot in Memorial Stadium until things change, etc. he will get the message. Believe me, you have a lot of power. Use it. Fuck the status quo.