• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH out of time?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck 7-6 at this point would be a success.

Team stayed together and kept fighting something has to be said for that. We won a good battle on the road....big props for this win.

:agree: Proud of the kids for holding their heads high and working through the whole game Saturday. Good to see a win, this team needed it BAD. Still a lot of work to be done, but some positive steps were made Saturday. Whoever said above that IAST and KU are givens....... there are no givens with this team this year, they must work at every yard, every point, and take the rest of the season one play at a time. How they play against Texas will show a lot, play hard and smart, and play with Texas with no boneheaded 4th and 14 plays, no fair catches at the three, no three long incomplete passes and a punt. Players play smart with no stupid penalties, and keep the ball. I am not ready to jump on the Efore bandwagon just because we kicked a damn field goal!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause RichRod threw the Pitt game and we want anuther shot at em, that's why....
:laugh3:

He had it all planned out, lose the biggest game of his career and demand the big bucks! :laugh3:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Proud of the kids for holding their heads high and working through the whole game Saturday. Good to see a win, this team needed it BAD. Still a lot of work to be done, but some positive steps were made Saturday. Whoever said above that IAST and KU are givens....... there are no givens with this team this year, they must work at every yard, every point, and take the rest of the season one play at a time. How they play against Texas will show a lot, play hard and smart, and play with Texas with no boneheaded 4th and 14 plays, no fair catches at the three, no three long incomplete passes and a punt. Players play smart with no stupid penalties, and keep the ball. I am not ready to jump on the Efore bandwagon just because we kicked a damn field goal!!!!!!

Agree 100%, we struggled to beat William and Mary for goodness sake. We have a 3rd stringer type at QB, no run game to speak of, a defense that's hit n miss, a ST coach that cant relay something as simple as taking a knee to help your team, and a coach that at times coaches like he has a top notch offense that can make 3rd and longs on a regular basis. We can take nobody for granted, we are just not that good, and prob wont be for some time. We are what we are talentwise but IMO we could be a much tougher out just getting things right from the neck up, meaning HC on down.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing that needs to be remembered is this TEAM has not played that much football together....we have JC guys, freshman, transfers, mixed in with a couple of holdovers...I doubt this staff or many others has faced a challenge like linking this many new faces together.....I think we do have talent, just needs time to work on invidual positions and working together as a team.

Was excited to see Alford step up play and make some plays....we beat out some top programs for him..ie Oregon, Oklahoma, etc etc....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing that needs to be remembered is this TEAM has not played that much football together....we have JC guys, freshman, transfers, mixed in with a couple of holdovers...I doubt this staff or many others has faced a challenge like linking this many new faces together.....I think we do have talent, just needs time to work on invidual positions and working together as a team.

Was excited to see Alford step up play and make some plays....we beat out some top programs for him..ie Oregon, Oklahoma, etc etc....

THIS team has played NINE games together, so saying they are not familiar with each other is not exactly true. Every coaching staff has a different team every year. Saying they have not played together much in the third game is making a point, saying the same thing in week 10 not so much. That is what has frustrated me the most the past few years, the team peaks early in the season and hits a plateau. Game nine, we are still running kicks out of the end zone, the QB still has no idea how to run the offense, the defense looks really good for a couple series, then just trots around the next. I HOPE to see some really good, SMART play in these next three games.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the theme of the thread, did anyone notice that Dana installed a power play last week? Slaton and I were talking about it, and I read an article where the kids from the offensive line were asking the coaches to run the play because of what they saw the TCU D-line doing.

It has been a few years since I last saw a pulling WVU OG.

There were other new wrinkles. The draw play and the bootleg passing plays… Trickett handled those very well.

So, it looks like the offensive coaching staff is trying to find some things these kids can do well. Crook must have some influence with the power plays.

The coaches certainly haven't given up on these boys…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the team has not given up on the coaches.

That is what I mean by this team is still learning about each other, if they went to the coaches with something, they are picking up on each other strengths and weaknesses and how they work together. How they can as a team attack a defense. That is a very good thing.

Some would like to think building a team from scratch is a flip of the switch, but these things do take time to gel. Lots of new pieces still working there way out, rough season is going to pay off.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Some of the kids playing WR didn't arrive until this summer. And, we all know Trickett didn't transfer until the summer.

Hard to develop timing and precision after the season starts. Add to this that Trickett admittedly has stated he has struggled going from the FSU Pro-set to Dana's Air Raid offense.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to the theme of the thread, did anyone notice that Dana installed a power play last week? Slaton and I were talking about it, and I read an article where the kids from the offensive line were asking the coaches to run the play because of what they saw the TCU D-line doing.

It has been a few years since I last saw a pulling WVU OG.

There were other new wrinkles. The draw play and the bootleg passing plays… Trickett handled those very well.

So, it looks like the offensive coaching staff is trying to find some things these kids can do well. Crook must have some influence with the power plays.

agree, gotta give the coaches and players alike credit, they don't quit.
I HOPE we see another change this week vs Texas. from what Ive seen from the Longhorns defense it makes sense to put a guy at qb (I would like Sims but A runner would suffice) that ouls run some direct snap or wildcat type plays. I havnt seen all of their games but from what I have seen they have a lot of trouble with a mobile QB. After watching that QB from BYU run to Salt Lake City and back on them earlier I would love to see what Sims could do providing he can pose any kind of a pass threat at all to keep them honest.