• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH out of time?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses are big, but the way we win or lose is just as much of a factor. Win 8 games next year...great, how bad will the losses be. If we are losing by 20-30 points then I'll see no real progress.

the Alabama game looms big for Holgy. Nobody will expect us to win, but will we be competitive? Really, Holgy should have two more years to show what the program will be under his leadership. It is easy to look at Stewarts last two recruiting years and see that the cupboard was empty. I don't believe that Holgy will bring us a big 12 champtionshp ever, but I also ws ready to see RR go after the Maryland blow out his 2nd year (that was the first Maryland blowout that year).

In reality, all we really need right now is a top flight QB. Put Johnny Manziel behind center for the Eers and we would be a powerhouse. Poor OL, no problem, Johny would just sprint out then throw the bomb to White...and it would even be accurate. If White drops the ball, Johnny keeps it on the next play for a 20 yard gain.

Another, I'd take a great O line and an average QB over a poor line and great QB!!!!! Maybe it is my age showing, but I think a football team starts with the hogs, no QB can do anything when he is on his back.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses are big, but the way we win or lose is just as much of a factor. Win 8 games next year...great, how bad will the losses be. If we are losing by 20-30 points then I'll see no real progress.

the Alabama game looms big for Holgy. Nobody will expect us to win, but will we be competitive? Really, Holgy should have two more years to show what the program will be under his leadership. It is easy to look at Stewarts last two recruiting years and see that the cupboard was empty. I don't believe that Holgy will bring us a big 12 champtionshp ever, but I also ws ready to see RR go after the Maryland blow out his 2nd year (that was the first Maryland blowout that year).

In reality, all we really need right now is a top flight QB. Put Johnny Manziel behind center for the Eers and we would be a powerhouse. Poor OL, no problem, Johny would just sprint out then throw the bomb to White...and it would even be accurate. If White drops the ball, Johnny keeps it on the next play for a 20 yard gain.

What if we are winning by 30-40 pts lol....it is a evaluate the wins I agree with that....guess we will know when we see the product on the field. we keep forgetting the defense will be a year older and returning a lot of guys with exp....in the big least that always seemed to work out for us.

I also agree with two more years, with the lack of talent left, changing conf's, new coach learning the ropes I think it is only fair. Do I think he will get two more years, probably not....the QB position is going to kill him.

With the 17 redshirt players and next years recruiting class we are building up a nice bit of talent. Yesterday there was some talk about the 2015 class already having some great players looking at Morgantown. I think DH will turn this ship around, need patience there is no easy fix to this....like we were talking yesterday TCU is a great team to look at when comparing. Dominated there old conf(even more than we did the BE) have an exp coach and still going through growing pains. Just the way it is.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games would he have to win next year for a longer stay?

This is a portion of our fanbase that it won't matter how many he wins they want him gone, but for those with more than a half a brain....what would it take for you to let him stay? What sign would you need the from the coach?

On paper we are returning a lot of exp....could make a run next year...

I would say 8 games or more.
That's not an easy question to answer. It depends on a lot of things that happen between the end of this season and the beginning of next. Without a doubt no fewer than 6 wins. Anything less and he's got to go. Year 4 is when a coach really becomes responsible for his team. By next year he should be turning the corner. If you can't have a winning season then it will show we're turning the corner into a dismal future.

I think it also depends on if Luck goes. I think a new AD will be quicker on the trigger than Luck would. So for now, we just have to what and see what all happens.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I will throw this out there, if say he would win 6 games and the other games are close L's do we stick with him? Say Crest is the leader of this team with the close L's, do we let him develope the guy or give up? Say we hit on a lot of these redshirt players...Gibson was a five star, the young recievers coming in next season look like beast. Some interesting factors play into the situation that is for sure.

How long is his contract? 5 years?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, way too many factors going into it. If it's a 6-6 year with a lot of young talent, lots of close L's then I'd say stay the course. It's never that simple though. More than anything next year DH has to show that we are turning the corner into positive territory. A 6-6 season with 5 or 6, 20 point losses would spell his demise most likely. There's just way too much uncertainty to say for sure. Fewer than 6 wins, he's gone. More than 8, he stays. Outside of that DH's backside is going to be quite warm...

I'm not sure what his contract is like DC. I thought he got an extension, but I usually don't pay much attention to it..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i could not rememebr off the top on my head about the contract.

Would be nice to make a run here at the end of the season, some very winnable games...and having Texas at home is huge since they have played some very good ball since their first couple of games.

I said it before there was plenty of time for Mac to save his job at UT, he is not done in that process by any means, but he did right the ship.

It is going to be hard for us to win out....TCU has a pretty good defense, Iowa St is a lot tougher than their record says, Kansas still stinks, and UT looks alot better.....may be a 4 win season for us, which for a young team and as many new players in the system can be expected.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DC, one down. That was a BIG one too. I was just HOPING to split the last four. It looks like there's a good chance for 6 wins. To me, with this team, that would be a successful year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DC, one down. That was a BIG one too. I was just HOPING to split the last four. It looks like there's a good chance for 6 wins. To me, with this team, that would be a successful year.

:10::agree:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

said the same thing before the season and agree, with THIS group ANY bowl appearance has to be considered a good job. I had hoped that we might catch lightning in a bottle at a few positions and pull off a couple more upset wins but we are worse than I thought we would be at the QB and safety spots.
A bowl game and those extra practices and that extra week of recruiting this year for our coaches would/will be very beneficial imo.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delving into the hypothetical, let's say IAST and KS are givens and we pull the upset this week with the Longhorns in town. For shits and giggles we pull off a bowl win too for an 8-5 mark. Highly unlikely, but let's hypothesize... What does that do for DH's stock? Would that take the pressure off him for next year? Or would it make no difference at all?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delving into the hypothetical, let's say IAST and KS are givens and we pull the upset this week with the Longhorns in town. For shits and giggles we pull off a bowl win too for an 8-5 mark. Highly unlikely, but let's hypothesize... What does that do for DH's stock? Would that take the pressure off him for next year? Or would it make no difference at all?

I think it would make a big difference, no one at this point thinks we could go 8-5, if he righted this ship for that record I would easily give him two more years.

We are not very talented at QB so all these wins are pretty good jobs in my opinion. I think if he just makes it to a bowl would be a success considering this is a major rebuilding year with what we lost from last years team.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a WVU fan, what do you want to see out of the coaching staff?

Signs of improvement through the season?

Ability to make half-time and in-game adjustments?

Solid recruiting?

Effort/execution for 4 qtrs?

Despite Trickett throwing 2 INT's and nearly 2 more, he was solid at the end of the game... going 11/14 down the stretch. It is worth noting that he overcomes adversity well... but, the coaches came up with some plays to match his skill set with opportunities presented by TCU's attack.

Patterson abandoned his zone defense, to go all out blitz with man coverage after falling behind by 2TD's early. He broke his gameplan to pieces.

The O-line and offense generated a solid output against one of the best defenses it has faced all season.

If the team can continue to improve... to follow this recipe from the TCU game... isn't that what most of us are looking for out of this staff?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team lost a late 10 point lead and easily could have folded up, but they didn't.

Who gets credit for that?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8-5 with THIS years team and all the underclassmen and inexperience and just plain lack of talent to go with some boneheaded and hopefully learned from coaching calls?

HUGE success! Would take a ton of pressure off of the coaches moving forward. That said, I cant see it happening.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck 7-6 at this point would be a success.

Team stayed together and kept fighting something has to be said for that. We won a good battle on the road....big props for this win.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-5 with THIS years team and all the underclassmen and inexperience and just plain lack of talent to go with some boneheaded and hopefully learned from coaching calls?

HUGE success! Would take a ton of pressure off of the coaches moving forward. That said, I cant see it happening.

There will always be that group that believes that Luck and Holgerson have ruined the program and feel we would be better served by staying in the BE.

For those who believe that DH can't coach, finishing 5-0 with a bowl win would be monumental. DH may even lose his position as a top 10 Hot Seat. It could turn around his whole career here at wvu. We would most likely start next year ranked, draw some good recruits.

Beating Texas is the first step. This game looms big for DH and his fan acceptance. I think if he wins this one, the fire Holgerson crew will be silenced for a while.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will always be that group that believes that Luck and Holgerson have ruined the program and feel we would be better served by staying in the BE.

This part of our fanbase are made up of the most ignorant people on the planet.

They all wanted to stay but can't give you a real world answer to why that would have been a good idea.

I agree with your assesment on DH...a win this week would get the fanbase pumped for sure.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They all wanted to stay but can't give you a real world answer to why that would have been a good idea.

I agree with your assesment on DH...a win this week would get the fanbase pumped for sure.

I said this to BBW over the weekend...If people measure the success of the Athletic Program around wins and losses of a football team then they are so far off the rails that they have lost perspective..

The Athletic Director is an Adminstrative roll in charge of ensuring the health and sustainablity of the the ENTIRE Athletic Department!!...:gaah: It's not a pro team!!...he is not a General Manager!!..:gaah:

I find it completely puzzling that the Athletic Director will have taken this program from revenues hovering around 60 Million dollars to 120 Million+ dollars by 2015...and forget about the money for a moment..(Even though that is a big peice of the pie)...he has successfully navigated this program with not much to offer other conferences into one of the 3 most powerful conferences in america with smoke and mirrors!!.let alone the several infrastructre improvements he has sent in motion including a new baseball stadium!!...in less than 5 years!!!...in his short time he will go as the BEST AD in the programs history...

I find it funny with those who are not a fan of Luck...how the rest of the country..including the MOST POWERFUL ATHLETIC PROGRAM in the country can see his ability 10 fold...but the ignorant supporters of West Virginia can't!...amazing really...:omg:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton already knows where I stand on the issues he raised.

IMO, there are so many from WV who hate to be stereotyped. Yet, they continue to fear that outsiders are going to ruin their fortune. They are afraid of change. Hate to think out of the box.

They want to hold onto some notion of grandeur. Everything was better in the past. There was nothing wrong with the way we were doing things... so... why change?

Having lived out of the state for as long as I have now, I see why WV is stuck.

It cracks me up that there are so many Luck haters in Morgantown... in WV. So many who criticize every move he has made, and question his integrity and motive.

Yet, he was recently named to the playoff committee, and emerged as the leading candidate to take over the athletic department of the most powerful athletic institution in America.

Who is the fool...

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cause RichRod threw the Pitt game and we want anuther shot at em, that's why....

:laugh3: