• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH out of time?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.wvupressbox.com/football/wvu-football-is-holgorsen-running-out-of-time-or-luck

i do not think they can him this year, but next year major flames on the hotseat.

How many games would he have to win next year for a longer stay?

This is a portion of our fanbase that it won't matter how many he wins they want him gone, but for those with more than a half a brain....what would it take for you to let him stay? What sign would you need the from the coach?

On paper we are returning a lot of exp....could make a run next year...

I would say 8 games or more.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's an easy answer, if Dana has the team playing well and it's losing because we are young again at QB say Crest comes in looking good or Childress starts to progress as planned, they wind up starting and the defense is holding people and the games even in a loss are close then there would be a strong arguement to give him another year.
Another factor is the AD situation. If Luck leaves then we get a new sheriff in town and alot of times that means hiring "his guy", the leash could be very short for DH next year regardless of how the team PLAYS... They might just need to WIN games to keep him here, prob 8+ as restless as our people are right now.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say rather than picking an arbitrary number and saying he must win that magic number, it will be a subjective decision. If we go 7-5 next year, but the five losses are like losses this year, he may be gone, but if 5-7 and the losses are close with the team competitive, he may stay.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Dad and goldrusher..

I don't think the evaluation will come down to wins/losses only. More of an evaluation of the quality of play on the field, and the feeling for the general health of the program.... ie.. recruiting, retention, disciplinary issues, grades...

As far as I know, the main boosters have continued to give Dana their support. But, like we saw with Stewart... if the deep pockets go south... Dana will be done. No matter what happens with Luck in the next week(s).

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May have simplified it, buts wins usually leads to those other things being is a good place....most of the time.

I think we are strong right now in just about every area except the wins column, recruiting is strong, grades are up, we do not see WVU players adding to their rap sheet to much. If we pull 8 plus wins that means we did pretty well in the conf, I am sure most WVU fans are chalking game one up as a loss right now so that means to get to eight we have at least 6 conf wins. 6-3 or better in the Big 12 is not a bad season.

Speaking of recruiting some of those highly rated players in the 2015 class are already talking about getting to Morgantown, never a bad thing to see that.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the AD factor is big.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a tweet last night which made me go... mmmm...

Mullens comes onboard. Chip Kelly gets fired from the Eagles next year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a tweet last night which made me go... mmmm...

Mullens comes onboard. Chip Kelly gets fired from the Eagles next year.

Nice thought, but i do not see it ever happening.....plus Chip is not one of us! :laugh3:

I am still waiting for that offense to change the NFL.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the overall sentiment..you can't measure wins and losses at the moment...the program is only 1.5 years into Big12 play...its about the recruiting and the intangibles that show progress as a whole in program sustainability....

BTW I would be mildly surprised to see Luck leave for Texas...yes it's a bigger payday for sure..but is there a real challenge there for him?...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Chip ever succeed as a HC? The guy was never one before he took over Oregon... right?

Maybe Jimbo will come back to WV to take over our team. He is one of us... even if he didn't go to WVU. He talks like us...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this week I thought the Luck thing was pretty much a done deal....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Chip ever succeed as a HC? The guy was never one before he took over Oregon... right?

Maybe Jimbo will come back to WV to take over our team. He is one of us... even if he didn't go to WVU. He talks like us...
Speaking of that topic, ( not trying to high jack your thread DC) who is the next coach with WV ties that we will be hearing about soon at the p5 level? Doc?
We got Roots, Jimbo, Uncle Nick, an I guess Dana has been adopted now.
Terry B up at Akron? Am I missing anyone? I feel like I am.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that topic, ( not trying to high jack your thread DC) who is the next coach with WV ties that we will be hearing about soon at the p5 level? Doc?
We got Roots, Jimbo, Uncle Nick, an I guess Dana has been adopted now.
Terry B up at Akron? Am I missing anyone? I feel like I am.

Butch Jones, Todd Graham...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many out there.

Casteel maybe? McGee?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Mullen

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Mullen

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Anyone know whatever happened to Coach Sams at Fairmont?..the offense Mike Joseph was in while there was pretty good.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses are big, but the way we win or lose is just as much of a factor. Win 8 games next year...great, how bad will the losses be. If we are losing by 20-30 points then I'll see no real progress.

the Alabama game looms big for Holgy. Nobody will expect us to win, but will we be competitive? Really, Holgy should have two more years to show what the program will be under his leadership. It is easy to look at Stewarts last two recruiting years and see that the cupboard was empty. I don't believe that Holgy will bring us a big 12 champtionshp ever, but I also ws ready to see RR go after the Maryland blow out his 2nd year (that was the first Maryland blowout that year).

In reality, all we really need right now is a top flight QB. Put Johnny Manziel behind center for the Eers and we would be a powerhouse. Poor OL, no problem, Johny would just sprint out then throw the bomb to White...and it would even be accurate. If White drops the ball, Johnny keeps it on the next play for a 20 yard gain.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read several articles in the Parkersburg paper about the situation with WVU football.
WVU can not afford to fire Holgorsen if they wanted too...... His buyout after this season is $11 million.... Luck foolishly signed him with an extension through 2017, Lets hope he learns how to be HC soon, as we are stuck with him, whether Luck stays or goes.

What?s next for WVU? - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

WVU?s lack of effort is concerning - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

WVU starts off with bang, but disappears late in game - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel