• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain you're wrong on this.
Certain? I don't know about that. If I had to bet I'd bet Dez will be back and won't take a pay cut. But who knows. Best thing for Dallas is he comes back at a lower salary. With Dez our WRs are below average. Without him they suck.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain? I don't know about that. If I had to bet I'd bet Dez will be back and won't take a pay cut. But who knows. Best thing for Dallas is he comes back at a lower salary. With Dez our WRs are below average. Without him they suck.
Sources: Cowboys CB Carr agrees to pay cut
Now, just because Carr was asked and took a paycut doesn't mean Dez will.
I think they'll ask but he'll decline, and will play in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused why you are posting an article about Carr. I don't think how whatever happened with Carr means it will happen with Dez. Dez may take a pay cut, but I don't think we can say for "Certain" he will

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused why you are posting an article about Carr. I don't think how whatever happened with Carr means it will happen with Dez. Dez may take a pay cut, but I don't think we can say for "Certain" he will

Because Arlington said Carr was never asked.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players or former players should stay out of other player's pockets.
Of course, but good advice can come from experience. Sure seems he was being sincere, no?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a big stretch to me and more like the writer is trying to create something that isn't there. But, clearly the team is as disappointed with how Dez has played as the fans are and isn't afraid to say it any more. This is a good sign to me.

I still don't think Dez's pride is going to allow him to take a pay cut. Like TO how he is perceived means everything to him and he can't emotionally handle any appearance of his reputation being slighted in any way. It does seem the team is going to go after his cap hit at least a little. Maybe they throw in extra years (with little or no guaranteed money) to help him "sell it" as not being a pay cut. I have no problem cutting Dez and using his cap dollars elsewhere if someone gives me an answer to fixing our WRs and at the same time cutting Dez...and no, drafting a WR at 19 doesn't do that IMO.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a big stretch to me and more like the writer is trying to create something that isn't there. But, clearly the team is as disappointed with how Dez has played as the fans are and isn't afraid to say it any more. This is a good sign to me.

I still don't think Dez's pride is going to allow him to take a pay cut. Like TO how he is perceived means everything to him and he can't emotionally handle any appearance of his reputation being slighted in any way. It does seem the team is going to go after his cap hit at least a little. Maybe they throw in extra years (with little or no guaranteed money) to help him "sell it" as not being a pay cut. I have no problem cutting Dez and using his cap dollars elsewhere if someone gives me an answer to fixing our WRs and at the same time cutting Dez...and no, drafting a WR at 19 doesn't do that IMO.

Lets face it, almost everything great about Dez came from his physicality. And from what I read the peak age for a wr is 26, 27. Dez is 29.

Aging WR's can still be great assets as they get older but they have to rely more on the skill sets. And that is the rub when it comes to Dez. Can Dez fall back on his great route running skills?? ..or his great ability to get separation?? NO! ...because he has none of those things. I won't even touch catching a ball.

And throw in the chilly relationship with our QB and it's clear ... it will be a bad ROI with Dez going forward.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the biggest problem is his hands are much less than average now. If he simply caught the ball this past year he and the team would have been much better off for it. There were so many balls on top of the "drops" that could have been caught by an average receiver, let a lone a top receiver and many led to turnovers. I do think it is mental to some degree and perhaps getting his mind back to where it should be could make a big difference.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the biggest problem is his hands are much less than average now. If he simply caught the ball this past year he and the team would have been much better off for it. There were so many balls on top of the "drops" that could have been caught by an average receiver, let a lone a top receiver and many led to turnovers. I do think it is mental to some degree and perhaps getting his mind back to where it should be could make a big difference.

Some of the drops, you could tell, it was due to lack of focus. inexcusable ones. I think he did have off the field issues he let get into his head this season. I say let him have one more in dallas with a speedy receiver on the other side, and see what happens.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. I forgot about that. I have been a huge fan of dez,bUT I don't see him back unless he takes a pay cut. Stephen Jones carries a lot of weight and his comments suggest that dez is on his last legs in dallas.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aging WR's can still be great assets as they get older but they have to rely more on the skill sets. And that is the rub when it comes to Dez. Can Dez fall back on his great route running skills?? ..or his great ability to get separation?? NO! ...because he has none of those things. I won't even touch catching a ball.
So true....I think the drops has everything to do with lack of concentration and not having his emotions in check. DB's got in to his head more the last couple of seasons and it showed with the drops. This is correctable if he excepts this and matures on the field.

I'd prefer Dez take a pay cut and stay a Cowboy. He still has value to Dallas but the Cowboys know they need help at the wide receiver position....major upgrade. I think that upgrade should be a free agent signing that has route running skills AND a up end draft selection with big time speed.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. I forgot about that. I have been a huge fan of dez,bUT I don't see him back unless he takes a pay cut. Stephen Jones carries a lot of weight and his comments suggest that dez is on his last legs in dallas.
Agree Dez needs to take a pay cut. I think Dallas will approach it, but I don't think Dez will agree. From there it depends on who blinks first on Dez bein in Dallas and at what cost. IMO Dallas will ask him to take less but guarantee the money in later years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Dez needs to take a pay cut. I think Dallas will approach it, but I don't think Dez will agree. From there it depends on who blinks first on Dez bein in Dallas and at what cost. IMO Dallas will ask him to take less but guarantee the money in later years.
I can see that. I am in agreement about his production vs salary. Is definitely not what it should be. It is up to Dez, but if he agrees to restructor his contract not only will it help the cowboys, but would send a message to fan base the he is a team player.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he probably walks to Carolina or SF and becomes dominant again.