• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start a bash Dez thread but just thought this was interesting with all the Dez talk on here lately. What is the off the field stuff? The criticism he got for his poor play or something else? Personally I feel the criticism was always on his mind and behind him getting so upset when shut down by defenders or not putting up numbers and I think he handles adversity very poorly and he needs to not be so insecure or worried about how he is perceived. But, I wonder if they are alluding to something else that we don't know about...

Cowboys Eager To Evaluate Dez Bryant's "Frustrating" 2017 Season

FRISCO, Texas – The talk about Dez Bryant’s future with the Cowboys began before their season was even over. Naturally, with their offseason underway, that talk is only going to get louder.

That was the obvious indication on Tuesday, as several members of the Cowboys’ front office spoke to the media, with all of them fielding questions about their All-Pro receiver.

“That's one obviously that we'll be looking at,” said Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones. “I know Dez had a frustrating year. It was frustrating to him.”

Bryant finished his ninth NFL season with some of the most disappointing number of his career. His 69 catches were the lowest total of any season in which he has played all 16 games, and the same can be said for his six touchdowns. His average of 12.1 yards per reception was the lowest of his career.

“I think at times this year Dez did some good things. Other times like we’ve been talking about, it wasn’t good enough,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

There were bright spots, but those frustrations seemed to follow the Pro Bowl receiver throughout the season. Bryant finished with a team-high 12 drops, and he told reporters last week that he had allowed outside distractions to affect his level of play.

"I let a lot of things get in the way that bothered me mentally," he said. "I wish I didn't. I feel like that affected, I know for a fact, some of my play."

Added Jones: “Obviously, tough situation for him when he's frustrated like that. I don't necessarily know that he performs at peak levels when he's distracted like that.”

The Cowboys won’t take the field for a practice, let alone a game, for several more months. So Bryant will have a bit of a reprieve in that regard. But with a $12.5 million salary and a $16.5 million hit on the salary cap in 2018, there still figures to be plenty of speculation about his status.

For his part, Bryant said last week that he has no intention of taking a pay cut – although the Cowboys have given no indication that they plan to ask him to do so.

This soon after the end of the season, it’s far too early to know how any of that will play out. But as the Cowboys get into their evaluations for 2018, it’s evident they’ll be taking a hard look at Bryant’s 2017.

“We need to have bigger plays,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones. “There's a lot into that, but we've got to get more from him. He's top player on our team.”

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wierd. The possible off field distraction affecting him is not a good thing. Time to at least consider drafting receiver early if nothing else to improve the talent. A combination of Dez/courtland Sutton would be good

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start a bash Dez thread but just thought this was interesting with all the Dez talk on here lately. What is the off the field stuff? The criticism he got for his poor play or something else? Personally I feel the criticism was always on his mind and behind him getting so upset when shut down by defenders or not putting up numbers and I think he handles adversity very poorly and he needs to not be so insecure or worried about how he is perceived. But, I wonder if they are alluding to something else that we don't know about...

FRISCO, Texas – The talk about Dez Bryant’s future with the Cowboys began before their season was even over. Naturally, with their offseason underway, that talk is only going to get louder.

That was the obvious indication on Tuesday, as several members of the Cowboys’ front office spoke to the media, with all of them fielding questions about their All-Pro receiver.

“That's one obviously that we'll be looking at,” said Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones. “I know Dez had a frustrating year. It was frustrating to him.”

Bryant finished his ninth NFL season with some of the most disappointing number of his career. His 69 catches were the lowest total of any season in which he has played all 16 games, and the same can be said for his six touchdowns. His average of 12.1 yards per reception was the lowest of his career.

“I think at times this year Dez did some good things. Other times like we’ve been talking about, it wasn’t good enough,” said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

There were bright spots, but those frustrations seemed to follow the Pro Bowl receiver throughout the season. Bryant finished with a team-high 12 drops, and he told reporters last week that he had allowed outside distractions to affect his level of play.

"I let a lot of things get in the way that bothered me mentally," he said. "I wish I didn't. I feel like that affected, I know for a fact, some of my play."

Added Jones: “Obviously, tough situation for him when he's frustrated like that. I don't necessarily know that he performs at peak levels when he's distracted like that.”

The Cowboys won’t take the field for a practice, let alone a game, for several more months. So Bryant will have a bit of a reprieve in that regard. But with a $12.5 million salary and a $16.5 million hit on the salary cap in 2018, there still figures to be plenty of speculation about his status.

For his part, Bryant said last week that he has no intention of taking a pay cut – although the Cowboys have given no indication that they plan to ask him to do so.

This soon after the end of the season, it’s far too early to know how any of that will play out. But as the Cowboys get into their evaluations for 2018, it’s evident they’ll be taking a hard look at Bryant’s 2017.

“We need to have bigger plays,” said Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones. “There's a lot into that, but we've got to get more from him. He's top player on our team.”

Dez just said he is fine with whatever role the coaches have for him. So much for the poor attitude tag he gets for everything.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez just said he is fine with whatever role the coaches have for him. So much for the poor attitude tag he gets for everything.

we'll see about that come September

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go by what I see on Sundays not what I hear after the season has ended from a guy that wants his $13M. If you think Dez has looked and acted like a guy that was "fine with whatever role the coaches have for him" since he has been here I'll have to just say I strongly disagree and leave it at that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go by what I see on Sundays not what I hear after the season has ended from a guy that wants his $13M. If you think Dez has looked and acted like a guy that was "fine with whatever role the coaches have for him" since he has been here I'll have to just say I strongly disagree and leave it at that.
You start "the not trying to bash Dez", but go on with bashing him LOL I understand you wont believe it to you see it, but he could have said "I want out screw this team," but he took the right approach to the offseason IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about taking a pay cut, Dez said "Hell no". Judging by Jerry and Stephens comments the other day, he's gonna have to change that to a "Hell Yes" or he's gonna get cut. I'm good with Dez coming back for $8-9 million, he's worth that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start "the not trying to bash Dez", but go on with bashing him LOL I understand you wont believe it to you see it, but he could have said "I want out screw this team," but he took the right approach to the offseason IMO.
No. I did not bash him at all. You quoted me and made a statement I disagree with so I responded to you and still didn't bash him:noidea:. Am I missing something?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I did not bash him at all. You quoted me and made a statement I disagree with so I responded to you and still didn't bash him:noidea:. Am I missing something?
think he is confusing you for me.

I bash him. (I do it logically but still bash him)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea saying you think he handles adversity poorly is not bashing LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of Outside Distractions until now, but it's quite posible its not really outside but simply locker room differences. Either way he and the team needs to correct the issues or part ways.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea saying you think he handles adversity poorly is not bashing LOL
No it isn't bashing him at all it's just not sucking his cock so I guess it upsets you. Bashing him would be listing all the ways he has handled adversity poorly and pointing out how immature he is and how he cries when he doesn't get the ball regardless of the score or who is winning and how he talks shit CONSTANTLY with the defenders even though he is usually getting completely owned in one on one (which makes him look like an idiot) and it just gets him more upset and how with almost no double coverage all year he does nothing but thinks he isn't getting enough chances and complains and looks like an ass doing so on national television both on the field and on the sideline, then how when we finally throw him the ball he drops them constantly and fumbles in a huge spot and completed screwed us all year. And even he says he let it affect him mentally and it negatively impacted his play on the field. But you think the poor attitude tag isn't deserved...See, that would be basing him.:yo:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of Outside Distractions until now, but it's quite posible its not really outside but simply locker room differences. Either way he and the team needs to correct the issues or part ways.
The more i read it the more I think it is just his frustration for not producing on the field that they are all referring to

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't bashing him at all it's just not sucking his cock so I guess it upsets you. Bashing him would be listing all the ways he has handled adversity poorly and pointing out how immature he is and how he cries when he doesn't get the ball regardless of the score or who is winning and how he talks shit CONSTANTLY with the defenders even though he is usually getting completely owned in one on one (which makes him look like an idiot) and it just gets him more upset and how with almost no double coverage all year he does nothing but thinks he isn't getting enough chances and complains and looks like an ass doing so on national television both on the field and on the sideline, then how when we finally throw him the ball he drops them constantly and fumbles in a huge spot and completed screwed us all year. But you think the poor attitude tag isn't deserved...See, that would be basing him.:yo:
I think you held back. I suspect you could have done better!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you held back. I suspect you could have done better!
I thought posting the pics of him holding up two fingers and whining would have been too much...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i read it the more I think it is just his frustration for not producing on the field that they are all referring to
Agree, I'd think if there was outside distractions with Dallas or Dez we'd have heard about it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
Speaking at the Senior Bowl on Tuesday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team has no plans to move on from Dez Bryant.

Jones said he expects Bryant to return in 2018, though he didn't say if the Cowboys would ask him to take a pay cut. Bryant has failed to reach 1,000 yards receiving or double-digit touchdowns in his last three seasons and led the league with 12 dropped passes in 2017. Jones' son, Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones, has also suggested that Bryant's behavior on the sidelines has become a "distraction." As it stands now, the 29-year-old will earn $12.5 million next season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think dez won't be asked to take pay cut. Brandon carr never was asked.