• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought there was going to be a mad rush to sign this elite #1 receiver...:noidea:
Why cant you just move on?? You got your wish Dez is gone. No use of more Dez bashing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the past at all. WRs run different patterns than TEs and Backs. It's common sense to know the percentages will be lower to them. That's all I was saying. Dez is our franchise leader in TD receptions. That won't change for a long, long time. I appreciate his time here.
possible it changes this year actually

Of course WRs run different patterns. But if your completion % is 22% worse to your "best" WR. There is a big, big problem.

I appreciate his time here. The point is when you are deciding what is best for the team, the past is the past. When it is better for the team to move on you need to move on. When guys start getting $100K per year to play I'll worry about their feelings and keeping them an extra year to pay them. But, when you get $15M per year you need to produce at that level or the team needs to say goodbye. So it has nothing to do with appreciating or not

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, I hope that Jerry offers him some sort of olive branch that will allow him to ponder his life choices. I wouldn't even mind seeing Jerry offer him another contract, say at around 4-5 mill per year. Is that possible???
When I first heard he was cut that is exactly what I thought. But there is no chance of that after the way Dez acted after the news. No way they can bring him back now and no way Dez could bring himself to come back either

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest our coaching staff is clueless. The opposition took away bease and Witten last season. Teams doubled dez in 2016. Last season dez was rarely doubled. Brice Butler was the only receiver that could get open deep and he rarely got on the field. You would have to be a moron to sign dez to a huge contract now. Dez can't get open.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but look at his stats with Romo. Romo was 70% in 2014. 64% to Dez. In 2013, 64% , 58 % to Dez.
the problem with Dez the last few years was his inability to gain the first step, the gap, that was his trademark in the early years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard he was cut that is exactly what I thought. But there is no chance of that after the way Dez acted after the news. No way they can bring him back now and no way Dez could bring himself to come back either
I agree. Time to move on. I had time to think about. I was pissed how it was handled, but I am first and foremost a Cowboy fan. I am excited for the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Bryant 94th in the league. Julio Jones 100th.
You don't seem to understand. If catch rate on the stat you posted is rec/attempts:

I'm assuming you meant Brown not Bryant. His catch rate is 62%
Jones catch rate is 60%.
Dez is 52%. That is about 15% lower on average. It's not even close. IO don't understand how you think this helps your argument.

Next take into account that both of those guys are double-teamed constantly. Dez was almost never double-teamed. Lastly they run more downfield patterns than Dez.
Brown YPC - 15.2
Jones YPC - 16.4
Dez YPC - 12.1

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Time to move on. I had time to think about. I was pissed how it was handled, but I am first and foremost a Cowboy fan. I am excited for the draft.
You are right. I was done looking backwards until Romo kept up with the same old same old. Whether you think it was smart, dumb or not sure it was a huge move by this team to cut Dez and on a message board we should be discussing it, no? The stats I posted were part of what I think shows the team made the right call. I think they are very pertinent to what the team is going through and not at all Dez bashing. They just happen to be negative towards him. Not the same thing.

What you said is 100% right. First and foremost a Cowboy fan. we can agree or disagree with what the team did. I was in the bring him back at a lower salary group. i didn't want to see him cut outright unless he refused a pay cut. At first I was disappointed how they didn't offer it and the more I thought about it and after reading his twitter after I pretty much changed to thinking they did the right thing. But, that doesn't mean I'm right

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't seem to understand. If catch rate on the stat you posted is rec/attempts:

I'm assuming you meant Brown not Bryant. His catch rate is 62%
Jones catch rate is 60%.
Dez is 52%. That is about 15% lower on average. It's not even close. IO don't understand how you think this helps your argument.

Next take into account that both of those guys are double-teamed constantly. Dez was almost never double-teamed. Lastly they run more downfield patterns than Dez.
Brown YPC - 15.2
Jones YPC - 16.4
Dez YPC - 12.1

52 percent is bad. I was just meaning that number 1 WRs are not going to help a QBs completion percentage, meaning their catch rate is lower than the Qbs %.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. I was done looking backwards until Romo kept up with the same old same old. Whether you think it was smart, dumb or not sure it was a huge move by this team to cut Dez and on a message board we should be discussing it, no? The stats I posted were part of what I think shows the team made the right call. I think they are very pertinent to what the team is going through and not at all Dez bashing. They just happen to be negative towards him. Not the same thing.

What you said is 100% right. First and foremost a Cowboy fan. we can agree or disagree with what the team did. I was in the bring him back at a lower salary group. i didn't want to see him cut outright unless he refused a pay cut. At first I was disappointed how they didn't offer it and the more I thought about it and after reading his twitter after I pretty much changed to thinking they did the right thing. But, that doesn't mean I'm right

I did not like his parting shot at Witten. Rejection is a hard thing to deal with, but there are ways to handle it and he did it poorly. I still want LB or DT first. And my Get a room love for James Washington lol

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52 percent is bad. I was just meaning that number 1 WRs are not going to help a QBs completion percentage, meaning their catch rate is lower than the Qbs %.
agree in theory, but you need to look at the type of player. Without looking it up I'll guess Fitz's catch rate was higher than the QBs completion % or at worst close and that is with being doubled. Guys like Brown and Jones are downfield guys. Dez is none of those things. I'll guess his downfield rate was closer to 33%

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like his parting shot at Witten. Rejection is a hard thing to deal with, but there are ways to handle it and he did it poorly. I still want LB or DT first. And my Get a room love for James Washington lol
That's what changed my thoughts on him the most with this whole saga. Sadly for him he doesn't see how it also cost him opportunity and money. If he were to come out and apologize for how he acted it would raise him way back up in my book. But he is a victim of his own pride and we can all see how that plays out in the news nowadays

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same old , same old. In no way was I trying to make Romo look better. It's obvious Romo/ Dez had a better rapport than Dak/ Dez. They worked together a lot longer and Dez was younger and healthier.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to admit I was surprised to see Beasley at only 57%.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Ginn either caught a lot of smoke screens or he finally learned to catch. 75 %

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to admit I was surprised to see Beasley at only 57%.
Beasley has the same problem as Dez. the inability to open space. it is hard to catch a ball when you can't separate from your defender

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley has the same problem as Dez. the inability to open space. it is hard to catch a ball when you can't separate from your defender
And teams set out to stop him by doubling him or putting a good cover guy on him. This is fine for us as long as the other players make them pay. Any time a defense doubles Beasley and we can't complete a pass to another player we are going to be in trouble. if this happens we need to be able to go over the top for big plays. This means a receiver needs to get open, the line needs to block and Dak needs to get the pass there. Simple, but something we have struggled with.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teams set out to stop him by doubling him or putting a good cover guy on him. This is fine for us as long as the other players make them pay. Any time a defense doubles Beasley and we can't complete a pass to another player we are going to be in trouble. if this happens we need to be able to go over the top for big plays. This means a receiver needs to get open, the line needs to block and Dak needs to get the pass there. Simple, but something we have struggled with.
thisis where all our trouble started last season, the inability of our WR's to get open. that put more strain on the OL because it resulted in Dak having to hold onto the ball longer and that leads to sacks and forced passes