• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I agree. He acted like a child when released. I am excited to see the new guys. I can't wait!! They filled some of the pressing needs except safety, but if the pass rush improves, it can help mask some weaknesses in the secondary. I think our corners wil, be fine. Frazier and Heath have me concerned.
Yeah, I like the way we look right now. If the draft picks work out and we have health and Jaylon and the young DBs takes a step forward we could have something pretty special...Big if's, but as bad as some may want to frame it we won 9 games with a lot going against us and the year before won 13. Kind of excited right now about this very young team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from yesterday. Biggest Cowboy news of the offseason unless Witten leaves. Cowboy board to talk all things Cowboys. Topic isn't going to go away any time soon. Quite sure we are going to read about him the first time (and everytime) Dez has a big game. Maybe just get used to seeing it.
Nail on head. This will be talked about for the next year either way, some folks better get used to it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry and he agreed to a contract at the time. Dez is not your average receiver. He had an off year for sure, but you don't just cut him for nothing. Should have traded him or asked for a possible pay cut before free-agency. It is not about a fasination with paying him. You don't think another team won't jump and sign this so called average reciever??
Hamilton Tiger-Cats or Edmonton Eskimos?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of veterans were cut this year and signed with other teams, but we hardly ever hear about them and the drama that we still see months later surrounding Dez.

I hope Dez signs and signs soon and I wish him the best. Even with his warts he played with more passion (perhaps too much) than anyone and left it all on the field. Hopefully if he signs somewhere else he can finally move on and we can stop reading about the whole saga and the drama. Maybe this is the week.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole situation with Dez is strange. He has probably received at least two offers, but still here we are half way through preseason and he is still unsigned. I'd love to know what kind of one year deal he is asking for, and what if any demands he has for a role in the offense.

Devil's advocate: Is Dez just trying to skip preseason?

I was hoping he would sign with Cleveland and do it ASAP, because I wanted to watch him on Hard Knocks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole situation with Dez is strange. He has probably received at least two offers, but still here we are half way through preseason and he is still unsigned. I'd love to know what kind of one year deal he is asking for, and what if any demands he has for a role in the offense.

I was hoping he would sign with Cleveland and do it ASAP, because I wanted to watch him on Hard Knocks.
He really screwed up when he turned down the offer from the Ravens

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is a lesson that he didn't seem to learn from. Teams move on in a hurry when they have a situation.
They sure do. He will sign with someone.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be entertaining.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure do. He will sign with someone.
I think the smartest thing Dez could do now is go to N.E., G.B. or Seattle and tell them he will play for anything they will give him. All of those teams have truly great QB's and no #1 WR. They are good enough to get his numbers back up to a level where he could get one more good contract next year

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the smartest thing Dez could do now is go to N.E., G.B. or Seattle and tell them he will play for anything they will give him. All of those teams have truly great QB's and no #1 WR. They are good enough to get his numbers back up to a level where he could get one more good contract next year

I agree. But you just stated why this will not happen.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go to Cleveland or Baltimore if I were Dez. Some team will lose a starting wide receiver with a better situation for Dez. I think that will happen soon.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go to Cleveland or Baltimore if I were Dez. Some team will lose a starting wide receiver with a better situation for Dez. I think that will happen soon.
Agree. At this point, hes better of waiting for a contending team who needs him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. At this point, hes better of waiting for a contending team who needs him.

It's 3 weeks to the regular season. It's not likely a contending team is going to call him. Every team has film from hte last 2 years. They obviously don't want Dez on their team and I don't think in any way at all is it related to salary. Clearly there are only a small handful of teams even willing to offer him a contract and they seem to be teams with bigger holes and more needs. If he wants to play Football he needs to take whatever is offered and use this year to show he is still an NFL player. I don't see how GB or NE would consider him right now even for the veteran minimum. Take what you can get and if you can make the final roster and get PT try to earn something else for 2020

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 3 weeks to the regular season. It's not likely a contending team is going to call him. Every team has film from hte last 2 years. They obviously don't want Dez on their team and I don't think in any way at all is it related to salary. Clearly there are only a small handful of teams even willing to offer him a contract and they seem to be teams with bigger holes and more needs. If he wants to play Football he needs to take whatever is offered and use this year to show he is still an NFL player. I don't see how GB or NE would consider him right now even for the veteran minimum. Take what you can get and if you can make the final roster and get PT try to earn something else for 2020
We're talking if/when a team has an injury at WR.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking if/when a team has an injury at WR.
If they saw Dez as good enough to sign they would have signed him. I can't imagine they don't think he is good enough for a looksy now but think he would be good enough to start or play major snaps if there is all of a sudden an injury. If he waits for an injury, which could be weeks or months, he falls further behind and less likely to be able to help a team any time soon after signing. He needs to sign with Cle this week. Those top teams aren't likely to come looking.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they saw Dez as good enough to sign they would have signed him. I can't imagine they don't think he is good enough for a looksy now but think he would be good enough to start or play major snaps if there is all of a sudden an injury. If he waits for an injury, which could be weeks or months, he falls further behind and less likely to be able to help a team any time soon after signing. He needs to sign with Cle this week. Those top teams aren't likely to come looking.
I guess will just have to agree to disagree.