• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit vs. San Francisco SNF game thread

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That ugly mofo runs hard and takes no prisoners... Gore is beasting it...

Calamity, I wasn't referring to the real Frank Gore. The light skin Frank Gore that Clyde posted a pic of.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Wendling get the start for Detroit @ safety?

i missed the game

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Schwartz is crazy.

Trying to run on this defense.

Maybe he was trying to run out the clock because we're now capable of scoring points on offense. That would feel cool to be on that side of the equation.

But really, I don't see the point of trying to run it on us because we suspect passing from them. It works the opposite way more often where we took NYG by surprise by passing when they thought we were going to run. I get the run setting up the pass, but only if you can run. If it is to surprise a team, that seems to work better the other way.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - 3000!

:postwhore:

P.S. Busy watching the game so these comments are late. Yes, I see the irony of using a throw-away post to point out a post about post counts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Well Akers got a cross bar break last week so now we're even on FG karma.

Man, after the Lions kicker missed off the posts, do we now have that FG karma back on our backs?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand how the officials always miss the holds and blocks in the back that spring guys for TDs or very long gains, but they never miss a hold or block in the back on returns that go nowhere.

It's because it's fixed. When they know they want to call it on a team, they are omniscient and can see things that don't happen. But if it happens, they are caught off guard or blind.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it feels like I'm just too close to love you...

wub WUB WUB wub wub wub WUB
Artist: Alex Clare
Title: Too Close
I'll go ahead and quote the song every time it comes on.

Wub wub wub Wub WUB WUB wub

Oh... they are playing it multiple times. I was starting to think that a guy with Alex Smith on his avatar quoting a song written by somebody with the first name of Alex was a bit creepy - mainly because it wasn't obvious that that was the artist's name.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seriously. Offense has got to be more consistent in the red zone. Looked pretty good between the 20s, but couldn't close.
Yep. They gotta put teams away and step on their throoats instead of letting it come down to the end every time.

We scored once out of two attempts, score another from 21 yards. So we might be getting better. But the point is still there, when we get close, we need to score more TDs instead of FGs. And we need to keep scoring until a bigger lead than 15.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck was that? I'm shocked Alex just didn't dive on it. Doesn't seem like a risk he'd take. He got a decent bounce, though, so maybe that's why.

He had one great one last year that bounced back and he caught it and fired to a PI'd Gore (?). We got it on the 1 and scored. I was hoping for something like that but dreaded a stupid INT on a broken play. A throw-away without a grounding call was a good compromise. (I know that wasn't grounding anyway but wouldn't be surprised with a BS call, especially late.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. I'm actually disappointed inside when the RB gains 3 yards
Another sign that I know we've been spoiled as 49ers fans. I'm screaming in my living room after a booming punt (52 yards) and a return of TEN yards.

Great to be on a great team, but many of us, like you, are perfectionists and are indeed spoiled. I, too, was surprised to see a return or a gain of more than 2 yards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe he was trying to run out the clock because we're now capable of scoring points on offense. That would feel cool to be on that side of the equation.

But really, I don't see the point of trying to run it on us because we suspect passing from them. It works the opposite way more often where we took NYG by surprise by passing when they thought we were going to run. I get the run setting up the pass, but only if you can run. If it is to surprise a team, that seems to work better the other way.

when a D is in dime, it makes sense to run at it. but our D was still doing a good job.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive thing to me last night was the way they took that last drive and went down the field methodically and clinched the game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive thing to me last night was the way they took that last drive and went down the field methodically and clinched the game.

we just wore them down by the 4th quarter. really not much they could do outside of taking cheap shots.