• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy could be done for season....I think he never started the season actually.

100 loses looking more and more likely. So is the #1 pick...although the Giants won't give it up easily.

Some CBS writer already used some statistics to predict a 44-118 season for Tigers next year.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players win games...not managers.

AJ Hinch was called the WORST manager in baseball when he was with the D'Backs a few years ago. Now he has a good shot at a WS ride and Mgr of the Year with Houston. Why? Better players!

You can put Casey Stengel and Jesus H. Christ on the Tigers' bench next year - they will still lose 100 games.
Nah I don't want Assmus. Him and Dubee has hurt the young pitchers development. They are like a contagious virus and have made every one of those pitchers regress. Time to get someone else in there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I don't want Assmus. Him and Dubee has hurt the young pitchers development. They are like a contagious virus and have made every one of those pitchers regress. Time to get someone else in there.
Who you got your money on?

Gene?

Lloyd?

Lance Parrish?

You know they're gonna fill from within.

I'd like to see someone who realizes Nicky C shouldn't own a glove. That dingleberry didn't even move on that opening error turned Little League homer yesterday.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got your money on?

Gene?

Lloyd?

Lance Parrish?

You know they're gonna fill from within.

I'd like to see someone who realizes Nicky C shouldn't own a glove. That dingleberry didn't even move on that opening error turned Little League homer yesterday.

I don't know if you are going to get a lot of experienced managers rushing in to seek this job...at least early on. So if they don't pick someone in the system, I'd be very surprised if they got a big name.

Give Tram and Gibby another shot??? LOL

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you are going to get a lot of experienced managers rushing in to seek this job...at least early on. So if they don't pick someone in the system, I'd be very surprised if they got a big name.

Give Tram and Gibby another shot??? LOL
Not sure either of Gibby or Tram would take the certain 200 losses the next two years. Maybe. Idk. Tramm already had a bad team quit on him once.

I'd love if it was Gibby. Cuz it'd get him out of the booth during games. But life is much easier behind a mic. Don't know what kind of toll managing would take on his health.

Gene and Lloyd seem like great candidates to bite the bullet imo. And Parrish has put in a lot of years for the organization now.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure either of Gibby or Tram would take the certain 200 losses the next two years. Maybe. Idk. Tramm already had a bad team quit on him once.

I'd love if it was Gibby. Cuz it'd get him out of the booth during games. But life is much easier behind a mic. Don't know what kind of toll managing would take on his health.

Gene and Lloyd seem like great candidates to bite the bullet imo. And Parrish has put in a lot of years for the organization now.

Might be one of those things where they line up all the managerial candidates and say, "Whoever wants to be the manager, take one step forward." And then everyone in line, except one poor soul, takes a step back. :)

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like 63 wins is out of reach. Maybe the final series against the Twins, if they have the WC spot clinched.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Jose Iglesias, SS
3. Nicholas Castellanos, RF
4. Jeimer Candelario, 3B
5. James McCann, C
6. John Hicks, DH
7. Efren Navarro, 1B
8. JaCoby Jones, CF
9. Alex Presley, LF

Bench: C Bryan Holaday, IF Dixon Machado, IF/OF Andrew Romine, OF Tyler Collins (intercostal), 1B Miguel Cabrera (back), OF Mikie Mahtook (groin).

Starting pitcher: RHP Anibal Sanchez

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrong man (men) for the job? Before I'd right down Ausmus, I would list these guys first.

Anibal Sanchez, Mike Pelfrey, Mark Lowe, Jordan Zimmermann, Nick Castellanos, Steven Moya, Victor Martinez, Bruce Rondon, Francisco Rodriguez, Alfredo Simon, Anthony Gose, Mike Aviles, Buck Farmer & his AAA Friends, JaCoby Jones, the "no-shows" of Matt Boyd and Daniel Norris, relief pitchers too numerous to name, Miggy [circa 2017]. And, of course, at the head of the list is Al Avila Sr...who still has a job.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrong man (men) for the job? Before I'd right down Ausmus, I would list these guys first.

Anibal Sanchez, Mike Pelfrey, Mark Lowe, Jordan Zimmermann, Nick Castellanos, Steven Moya, Victor Martinez, Bruce Rondon, Francisco Rodriguez, Alfredo Simon, Anthony Gose, Mike Aviles, Buck Farmer & his AAA Friends, JaCoby Jones, the "no-shows" of Matt Boyd and Daniel Norris, relief pitchers too numerous to name, Miggy [circa 2017]. And, of course, at the head of the list is Al Avila Sr...who still has a job.
Nobody is denying that Alberto Avila has been bad, but this was an 88 win team that he failed to motivate. Ausmus has been a bad manager for the Tigers.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is denying that Alberto Avila has been bad, but this was an 88 win team that he failed to motivate. Ausmus has been a bad manager for the Tigers.

The team has appeared to be out of control for a while ... I am hoping they go outside the organization and find a manager who can settle everyone down and motivate the team. We will see what happens, this team is really Avila's baby now.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Presley, LF
3. Nicholas Castellanos, RF
4. Jeimer Candelario, 3B
5. James McCann, C
6. Efren Navarro, 1B
7. Dixon Machado, DH
8. Andrew Romine, CF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C Bryan Holaday, C/1B John Hicks, OF JaCoby Jones, 1B Miguel Cabrera (back), OF Tyler Collins (intercostal).

Starting pitcher: Jordan Zimmermann

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who taught Aaron Judge hot to hit ... that's who we have to get as our hitting coach next year. Judge was the Jacoby Jones of 2016.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you motivate millionaires? How do you motivate men who are making more money than you...sometimes a lot more? I'm not trying to defend Ausmus...just my curiosity. Did Casey Stengel motivate those Yankee teams of the 50's, or did he just fill out a lineup card and make sure he didn't bother Mantle, Berra, Ford, Howard, Maris, Richardson and the rest? If he DID motivate them....what the hell happened to his motivational techniques when they handed him the Mets?

Maybe Ausmus did not make a good fit in Detroit. But I'll bet anything, whomever gets his job won't be doing much better next year.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who taught Aaron Judge hot to hit ... that's who we have to get as our hitting coach next year. Judge was the Jacoby Jones of 2016.

I doubt it was any one person. He was a first round draft pick out of Cal State. He spent 3 years in the Yankees minors. (One year each at A, AA, and AAA). I'm sure, as a top prospect, he got lots of help. And...if it was one person...the Yankees sure wont let that guy go.