• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What iffy doesn't know...because ESPN didn't tell him.
Tigers will be sold. Chris I. Can't wait to unload the tigers now with pay roll cut. It will be easy to sell.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What iffy doesn't know...because ESPN didn't tell him.
Tigers will be sold. Chris I. Can't wait to unload the tigers now with pay roll cut. It will be easy to sell.

I can't see them selling the Tiger's when their current value is at a low point, but it is a possibility. However, ownership will not alter the course of the current Tigers. I know there are some doom and gloom fans who think the Illitch family will sell the team to owners who will move the team out of Detroit. I doubt they would do that or that MLB would allow it.
Fetzer, PizzaBoyI, PizzaBoyII.......they all came in, lifted their leg and marked their territory and moved on. "Son of PizzaBoy" will leave his personal stink on the team too. What it will be....??????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers still need 5 wins to avoid 100 losses. It is going to be close. Right now, I don't think this team could play .500 ball at the AAA level.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Presley, RF
3. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
4. John Hicks, 1B
5. Mikie Mahtook, LF
6. Jeimer Candelario, 3B
7. James McCann, C
8. JaCoby Jones, CF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C Bryan Holaday, IF Dixon Machado, IF/OF Andrew Romine, 1B/OF Efren Navarro.

Starting pitcher: LHP Chad Bell

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have a hard time convincing me this Labourt kid should continue pitching.

This shit is hard to watch.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read.

Nice to know billionaires can love baseball just lke the rest of us.

But i still think once Avila finds a new home for Miggy the franchise very well could change hands. Tough part is, Comerica is tied to the franchise. $225 million right there. It's worth $1.2 Billion as a whole. And they lost nearly 40 million last year. Staring a fourth straight season of declining attendance in the face. With a sure thing for it to be five next year.

Emotional ties are one thing, but he was raised to make buissnesses decisions. Which is good, he won't do anything rash.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have a hard time convincing me this Labourt kid should continue pitching.

This shit is hard to watch.

What bothers me is - Avila came in and threw a copious amount of sh!t on the fire, and did little to reduce the flames when it was obvious the house had caught on fire. NOW, they turn the rebuilding of that 'house' over to HIM? Why? Because he got a good look at the foundation and framing as the place burned down around him?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is - Avila came in and threw a copious amount of sh!t on the fire, and did little to reduce the flames when it was obvious the house had caught on fire. NOW, they turn the rebuilding of that 'house' over to HIM? Why? Because he got a good look at the foundation and framing as the place burned down around him?
They're already paying him.

His contract goes thru 2020. They let him sell off assets, hard to see them letting him go now.

Ausmus contract is up though. So some guy who just wants a job, any job, will prolly take this AAA Major League roster over for him. But it's not going to be a guy who is sought after. Bench coach is a better springboard than manager of a franchise devoid of big league talent.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Price was laughing the other night at the thought of Lebourt pitching in the majors. And we all saw why today. (Well, I did. I'm guessing not too many folks watched that.)

He hit the backstop, twice. And not over Hollidays head. Halfway to the first base dugout.

He averaged a walk an inning in AAA. Sad state of affairs when that gets you a callup.

Anthony Gose has as much promise as a reliever.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're already paying him.

His contract goes thru 2020. They let him sell off assets, hard to see them letting him go now.

Ausmus contract is up though. So some guy who just wants a job, any job, will prolly take this AAA Major League roster over for him. But it's not going to be a guy who is sought after. Bench coach is a better springboard than manager of a franchise devoid of big league talent.

Lance Parrish. He's worked with minor league players for several years. He is a name familiar to Detroiters and at 61 he isn't upwardly mobile any longer. Get some coaches who have the reputation of being good handlers of younger players - give them a shot for a year or two.
Alternate approach: Get yourself a Jim Harbaugh or Billy Martin, someone who puts all of the spotlight on himself, so the bumbling players get ignored.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Parrish. He's worked with minor league players for several years. He is a name familiar to Detroiters and at 61 he isn't upwardly mobile any longer. Get some coaches who have the reputation of being good handlers of younger players - give them a shot for a year or two.
Alternate approach: Get yourself a Jim Harbaugh or Billy Martin, someone who puts all of the spotlight on himself, so the bumbling players get ignored.
Big Wheel would be a great choice.

Ozzie Guillén jumps out from that alternate approach. But I dont think he'd take the gig.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Tigers will set the record for worst point differential? Lol.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right-hander Artie Lewicki will be making his Major League debut for the Tigers.

Tigers lineups

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Presley, RF
3. Nicholas Castellanos, DH
4. Efren Navarro, 1B
5. James McCann, C
6. Jeimer Candelario, 3B
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. Andrew Romine, LF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C John Hicks, C Bryan Holaday, IF Dixon Machado, OF JaCoby Jones.

Starting pitcher: RHP Artie Lewicki

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewicki getting hammered. This is getting pathetic. Will MLB have to step in and force the other teams to send the Tigers qualified major league players so they can finish the season?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewicki getting hammered. This is getting pathetic. Will MLB have to step in and force the other teams to send the Tigers qualified major league players so they can finish the season?
Candelario looks good atleast.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already seen enough of Candelario to know he's better at 3B than Castellanos. No, Nick did not set the bar very high.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Price was laughing the other night at the thought of Lebourt pitching in the majors. And we all saw why today. (Well, I did. I'm guessing not too many folks watched that.)

He hit the backstop, twice. And not over Hollidays head. Halfway to the first base dugout.

He averaged a walk an inning in AAA. Sad state of affairs when that gets you a callup.

Hey, there's still hope. Remember a guy named Nuke Laloosh?