• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it funny yesterday on mlb network all the guys including smoltz liked the trade but couldnt figure out why DD hasnt addresed the bullpen. Smoltz was saying how the crop of guys this yr was very good and that was the tigers need. He said we are gonna need that offense if the BP cant hold leads again. But i get it. Rondon will save us this yr. deja vu?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's bullpen has a lot of possibility...for success as well as failure.

If Soria comes back healthy and pitches close to his potential thats a plus.

Rondon comes back healthy and throws with velocity he would be a plus.

Hanrahan comes back and contributes that a plus.

Wilson makes the team and pitches equal to his stats in Boston that would be a plus.

Krol, Lobstein, Al A, and Nathan decide to have some consistency that would be huge. Lobstein more as a long reliever imo.

A whole helluva lot of ifs! Detroit gets some breaks things should be ok if not then this is just another liability that should have been addressed. My guess is Dave D is hoping for 50% of the above to happen.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i dont get it. Fans on mlive want us to trade him. I think price has a HUGE year this year. I would bet he has a better yr than max.

I say trade him as well if they arent going to be able to resign hiim just like max last offseason. They should be trying to extend im now though. I agree, he will have a much better year than max.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the chi sox are shaking things up. The AL central is getting pretty good

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City has been relatively quiet this off season. Losing Shields would severely hurt any chance they have at getting back to the playoffs.

I am surprised the extra cash they got from a WS run should have allowed them to sign a couple of decent contracts.

MotownMagic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chicago Adding Melky Cabrera, Jeff Smard****, Adam LaRoche, and David Robertson makes me think they will have little more wins then this past season. As of right now I would put the White Soxs, Indians, and Tigers competing for the ALCentral.

And David Price or Max Scherzer? I would go with Price, theres no point to trade him or say that he is worse than Scherzer. In my opinion Scherzer has been in the Majors for awhile now and he had a great year in 2013 but 2014 I was expecting more then what we received! Expect to Sign Price during or after next season

I'm expecting Scherzer to sign with the Jankees for the money he wants.

MotownMagic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I cannot see Bruce Rondon making our bullpen tremendously better. Expect the same next year

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Tigers sign at least one veteran reliever for 7th-8th inning work. If Rondon and/or Hanrahan come back strong, it's a bonus, but they can't be banking on it.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chicago Adding Melky Cabrera, Jeff Smard****, Adam LaRoche, and David Robertson makes me think they will have little more wins then this past season. As of right now I would put the White Soxs, Indians, and Tigers competing for the ALCentral.

And David Price or Max Scherzer? I would go with Price, theres no point to trade him or say that he is worse than Scherzer. In my opinion Scherzer has been in the Majors for awhile now and he had a great year in 2013 but 2014 I was expecting more then what we received! Expect to Sign Price during or after next season

I'm expecting Scherzer to sign with the Jankees for the money he wants.

Welcome lil cousin. Good to have another sparty and tiger fan:suds:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres iffy now? Motown magic is my cousin who played for whitehall. His brother is the one that played with nate mcclouth....iffy argued me all day every day that mcclouth was from muskegon mi....

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading that Bora's overplayed his hand with Max and he will sign with the Tigers for less than 2mill....

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if he overplayed his hand. Max has let it know during the season, so teams do not want to be used like they were when Sanchez got the best deal and then went back to DD to see if Detroit would match. The main issue with Max has always been this. Breaking the bank with a pitcher that has one more complete than i do in his career. There are very few teams right now willing to break the bank for a true # 1 that do not already have an ace in place.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
complete games it's a rare thing these days but Max has been an innings eater and strikeout pitcher...

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last season max 220.3 ip in 33 games for 6.68 innings a game. Price 7.3 innings a game based on a league leading 248.8 innings and a league high 34 starts. That is what I want to pay a starter 200 mil for.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres iffy now? Motown magic is my cousin who played for whitehall. His brother is the one that played with nate mcclouth....iffy argued me all day every day that mcclouth was from muskegon mi....

First mistake is giving two shits about what Iffy ever thought.

Second...where in the hell have you been? With regards to the Lions board.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves has never been an active poster on lions board, just occasional, and I remember he used to get attacked by TP and micro for having different opinions (like everyone).

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still here.....I want want more recognition.........I'm down with the Cespedes trade for Ricky......It hurts, but it's ok........

What's the story on Igelias? I want to know more about that......Two shin splints? I'm still not buying it until i hear the truth about it..............

Maxie Poo is always welcome if Detroit can pay the money, but boy is that a big pay day.....Maybe when Max see's all teams are willing to pay about the same thing he will resign with the Big D.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see u Muzz....not real happy with Ricky being gone but if Max comes to his senses and tell his agent to fuck off it would make me feel happier....not comfy with the options in CF yet.....Davis is a joke out there....If Goes can hit Miggys weight it might work.....can he steal bases like Davis?