• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit pistons 2013-2014 ongoing thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would post a thread in hopes we get a few consistent posters in here. Well the pistons are off to a good start. Chaunc is back and looking like a solid pickup. Smith, drummond, and monroe all had good games. Monroe playing like a beast.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would post a thread in hopes we get a few consistent posters in here. Well the pistons are off to a good start. Chaunc is back and looking like a solid pickup. Smith, drummond, and monroe all had good games. Monroe playing like a beast.

Well, it was the Wizards. I want to see how it all looks when the competition get tougher (though the Wiz are much improved). Best thing I thought last night was that everyone's concerns about spacing with Smith, Monroe, and Drummond was pretty much answered; spacing was fine and absolutely some great interior passing among the big men. Worst thing was KCP's outside shooting is still questionable. It is getting better from an abysmal start in the preseason, but he and Singlar need to stroke it regularly if they want to stay on the floor because we need someone to stretch the D so they don't collapse on the bigs.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons will be much improved. I went to the opening game Wednesday night with my wife (a hoops fanatic) and sure, the Wizards are not a great team, but they are not lottery material either.

Josh Smith's shot selection may be a concern, but he really did not start throwing "shit against the wall to see what would stick" before Drummond got into foul trouble. Then the team had to throw passes out to him because things got a lot more difficult with only Moose posing a real threat in the paint.

Moose was awesome. KCP had shooting issues but got enough done. Bynum played some very heads up ball. Looking forward to watching Brandon Jennings when he gets well. Chauncey Billups was awesome. He can still ball, and is a great inspiration and a leader.

The team will be fun to watch. The experience besides the game itself at the Palace is great. The introductions were changed up and more sizzle was added. A lot more BANG too, as anyone attending will attest.

Hooper the mascot is a treat! I do not have kids, but any kid would adore his antics.

A great value in entertainment, and a team on the rise for sure. Finally, I love Maurice Cheeks as coach.

It will be fun to watch things unfold.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looks exciting.. I think their weakness will be quick teams with 3 guard rotations.. A team like Golden State could also give them fits.. Both Monroe and Drummond look like a force down low, as long as the later stays out of foul trouble..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis on the road tonight, if the pistons can win their first road game that would be a big step. I agree logic beating the wizards isnt much, but its still something for the pistons.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons will be much improved. I went to the opening game Wednesday night with my wife (a hoops fanatic) and sure, the Wizards are not a great team, but they are not lottery material either.

Josh Smith's shot selection may be a concern, but he really did not start throwing "shit against the wall to see what would stick" before Drummond got into foul trouble. Then the team had to throw passes out to him because things got a lot more difficult with only Moose posing a real threat in the paint.

Moose was awesome. KCP had shooting issues but got enough done. Bynum played some very heads up ball. Looking forward to watching Brandon Jennings when he gets well. Chauncey Billups was awesome. He can still ball, and is a great inspiration and a leader.

The team will be fun to watch. The experience besides the game itself at the Palace is great. The introductions were changed up and more sizzle was added. A lot more BANG too, as anyone attending will attest.

Hooper the mascot is a treat! I do not have kids, but any kid would adore his antics.

A great value in entertainment, and a team on the rise for sure. Finally, I love Maurice Cheeks as coach.

It will be fun to watch things unfold.

Do they still play the final countdown by europe when they introduce the players? I remember watching something once where cheeks helped out a young lady struggling singing the national anthem, thought it was very kind, is he a good coach though? We shall see.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I both happy and mad about last night's game.
I am glad to see that the Pistons have enough to be competitive with quality opponents on the road.
I am mad that they could not hold on to the game that they should have had wrapped up. They need to get that killer instinct to put their foot on the throat of their opponent when they have them down. They can't take stupid shots and not take care of the basketball down the stretch. Execution down the stretch matters most.
On a related note, Josh Smith hasn't changed with a new venue: still talented but still lacks anything between the ears. Jacks up too many shots, but makes just enough at the right time that he'll keep it up. He would be better if he remembered how big he is more often. Although you are playing the 3, you are more the size of a 4 not a 2 Josh!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons looked good on the road, even tho its a loss ill take it as progress.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons still blew the game though.. But, I think they are in contention for best front court in the league.. A monstrous 3 to 5.. Just need the guard rotation to fall in place..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they beat the hopeless celtics, but a win is a win. Ill take it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they beat the hopeless celtics, but a win is a win. Ill take it.
I'll take the win, but that game was ugly. The Celtics are so bad they ended up losing by 10 when the Pistons handed them a 4th quarter lead. They have to learn to stay disciplined and focused for the full 48 or it will cost them like it did against Memphis--they should be 3-0.

Should be a fun one against the Pacers tonight if they can stay on track!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers game will definitely be a huge early season measuring stick. As long as the pistons take care of their business at home they should be alright but they really havent won a game against a decent team up to this point.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers game will definitely be a huge early season measuring stick. As long as the pistons take care of their business at home they should be alright but they really havent won a game against a decent team up to this point.

I can't say I'm happy with a loss, but the Pacers look like a buzz saw right now. The Pistons show that they have the talent to hang with them, but not yet the experience playing together. To me that is where the Pacers won this one: they looked more comfortable and cohesive as a unit. Our guys haven't played that much ball together yet, so I'm optimistic it will only get better as the year goes on.

Another toughy with OKC coming in and then a West coast road trip. Has the potential to get worse before it gets better, but hopefully they can show us what these new Pistons are made of.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I'm happy with a loss, but the Pacers look like a buzz saw right now. The Pistons show that they have the talent to hang with them, but not yet the experience playing together. To me that is where the Pacers won this one: they looked more comfortable and cohesive as a unit. Our guys haven't played that much ball together yet, so I'm optimistic it will only get better as the year goes on.

Another toughy with OKC coming in and then a West coast road trip. Has the potential to get worse before it gets better, but hopefully they can show us what these new Pistons are made of.

The fact that they are 2-2 in their first four is a good sign. They will probably get trounced by okc, but most teams do.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons are a good young team.. Develop the bench.. And I keep stressing this, but try to manage Drummond's foul issues!!!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say at this point, the schedule is unfortunate so far with a tough West Coast trip.. Hopefully they can win in Sacramento, which is a team they should match up well against.. The Golden State blowout was predictable and a team they probably matched up the worst with..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say at this point, the schedule is unfortunate so far with a tough West Coast trip.. Hopefully they can win in Sacramento, which is a team they should match up well against.. The Golden State blowout was predictable and a team they probably matched up the worst with..

Things are starting to fall apart for them.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are starting to fall apart for them.

I blame Cheeks more than anyone.. An 8 man rotation for this team isn't going to work.. Jennings has had some solid games.. Both him and Smith are no consistent.. And they also need another wing to step up.. Tbh they should just start Stuckey.. Pope is not a starter yet and Singler is a 7th man rotational player..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons looking impressive the last two games..

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons looking impressive the last two games..

Well, they played the worst two teams in the East, both with their centers out injured and their point guards either out injured or just back from injury. The Pistons have been beating the bad teams, it is now time to beat the middle to good teams. They can move into second in the division with a win over Chicago tomorrow. Now that they have had some games together excuse time is over, time to make it happen.