• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks (Wild Card)

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice win. Not unexpected. The Lions were in a tough spot. Props to Stafford and I'm impressed by that Zenner kid. I'm glad we got the run game working and hopefully we can build off of that. The defense was solid, especially the secondary. Stafford didn't have a lot of open receivers. There were also a few drops which didn't help.
The officiating has to be better.The haters of us and our team are gonna say that was why we won. It isn't the case. We win that game if it's clean. The D only gave up 2 FG's. Enough said. But the missed block in the back by RW was pretty bad. The face mask by Richardson nobody noticed until about the third super slo mo so take it for what it is. It would have been PI on the defender anyway without the catch so it's moot.
I'm not too up about the game but was happy the guys showed some of that old identity. Hopefully, they can take that to Atlanta and do more of the same. It will be a challenge and I don't expect it to be as one-sided but it could be an entertaining game.
To the Lions fans, you guys are all class. I hope your team turns the corner and makes the improvements needed to take advantage of one of the best young QB's in the game while he is in his prime. Good luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt looking good in the first half but he pulled it off.

right, but back on espn it was cowboyp, wasnt it? cowboypaul or something
Can remember for sure what his exact handle was, but he liked to pop in usually in the spring to post some crap then disappear for a long period.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Seahawks had a multi-decade drought in terms of both playoff road wins and playoff wins in general. It's got to turn around for the Lions at some point. This century has seen so many long streaks of futility in every sport come to an end so far that anything is possible. If the Cubs can win a World Series, the Lions can at least get to the Super Bowl sometime in the near future.
Only way I could see us making it, is if we lose to the Browns.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You earlier said you were selling your tickets:noidea:

if it was GB, could have paid for a big chunk of my tickets for next year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lucky I'm out of troll-spray. Let's analyze your shortcomings....

1.) Seachickens Really? Get new material.
2.) Ref helping us out: That is the lamentations of fans a LOSING team. You are a Cowboys fan, right?

Good luck next week.

I'm sure Cowboys735243748365 or whatever handle he has is just a bandwagon bitch and only shows up when the Boys make the playoffs.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun and rewarding game to attend. Maybe not overwhelmingly dominant from opening whistle to kneel down, but it was a sound win with the Hawks in control pretty much the whole time. It was refreshing to see the physical approach on both sides of the ball, definitely a style that makes you tough to beat if you can pull it off. They did just that on Saturday night.

Gets tougher this week. Atlanta is going to want to get us back for that one earlier in the season, while the guys who were here in '12 will want a chance to do it better this time around.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun and rewarding game to attend. Maybe not overwhelmingly dominant from opening whistle to kneel down, but it was a sound win with the Hawks in control pretty much the whole time. It was refreshing to see the physical approach on both sides of the ball, definitely a style that makes you tough to beat if you can pull it off. They did just that on Saturday night.

Gets tougher this week. Atlanta is going to want to get us back for that one earlier in the season, while the guys who were here in '12 will want a chance to do it better this time around.

I thought it was a well rounded complete game. Can't score on every possession but a complete game indeed. Atl will be tough but if the o-line can have a repeat performance and Rawls runs like he did and move the chains keeping that high powered Falcons off the field, I feel we can walk out with a W.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a well rounded complete game. Can't score on every possession but a complete game indeed. Atl will be tough but if the o-line can have a repeat performance and Rawls runs like he did and move the chains keeping that high powered Falcons off the field, I feel we can walk out with a W.
Hawks didn't pull away until the 4th qtr, but it never really felt like they didn't have control of the game. Even when it was 10-6 at the end of 3, the overall feel of the game just didn't seem to be that close.

It will be a tougher task this week vs ATL for sure, but the physical style of play we saw vs Detroit is a brand of football that travels well and is difficult to beat in the playoffs. And although ET is out for this one, we may get Prosise back and last time vs ATL, Frank Clark, Kam, and Rawls all didn't play.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense looked good the other night. I hope they can limit the Falcons enough to win it. Tougher task for sure but doable if the offense can keep Ryan and co. off the field enough and give our D some rest.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't playing Detroit this week. Stafford was hurt on his throwing hand and his WR's dropped plenty balls.
It wont be like that this week and our team knows it.
Atl will score some TD's. Hopefully no more than 3. Give`em a couple of FG's as well.
If we can replicate the run game from Saturday, we will have a great shot at winning this game.
31-27
If not, my Sunday schedule opens up a bit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't playing Detroit this week. Stafford was hurt on his throwing hand and his WR's dropped plenty balls.
It wont be like that this week and our team knows it.
Atl will score some TD's. Hopefully no more than 3. Give`em a couple of FG's as well.
If we can replicate the run game from Saturday, we will have a great shot at winning this game.
31-27
If not, my Sunday schedule opens up a bit.

If Seattle can run the ball like they did against Det, I don't see ATL scoring 27 pts as their possessions will be less.