• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson looks really good

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's always do this, like I said above in the thread. Start out ridiculously hot in their rookie year, get to a certain place very fast and then they plateau. Due to the fact that they can take that quick career short-cut using their athleticism. They're always a liability with injuries, miss games, play hurt, turn the ball over, always take too many sacks because they hold the ball so long, trying to extend the play (instead of throw it away).

You're generalizing too much. I'd say most quarterback who found success early flame out and fail. Has nothing to do with them being running QBs. Anybody remember Rex Grossman? I do, he's the guy EVERYONE loved, except for this genius. And the genius was right again.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're generalizing too much. I'd say most quarterback who found success early flame out and fail. Has nothing to do with them being running QBs. Anybody remember Rex Grossman? I do, he's the guy EVERYONE loved, except for this genius. And the genius was right again.
Yeah, that genius said Brian griese was the answer. What a genius...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII part duex
The rest of Watson’s career will be way better than RGIIIs. You compare them because they run. Watson looks more like a gunslinging Russell Wilson to me than RGIII. I’ll bet you the rest of Watson’s career is way better than RGIIIs after year 1.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said this. Nice try though (rolls eyes)
I remember you saying griese should start over grossman when both were awful. It was a shitty qb situation by then though. I guess you shouldn’t call yourself a genius for saying a Bears QB is bad though? That’s kinda like saying the sky is blue. And people on these boards hold out hope for QBs like Grossman because at the time, that’s all we got.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you saying griese should start over grossman when both were awful. It was a shitty qb situation by then though. I guess you shouldn’t call yourself a genius for saying a Bears QB is bad though? That’s kinda like saying the sky is blue. And people on these boards hold out hope for QBs like Grossman because at the time, that’s all we got.

That's a far cry from accusing me of saying "Brian griese was the answer". Exaggerate much? And I take Griese over Grossman all day every day and I would be right.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a far cry from accusing me of saying "Brian griese was the answer". Exaggerate much? And I take Griese over Grossman all day every day and I would be right.
Yeah, all I’m saying, is you are identifying yourself as a genius for saying a bears qb sucks. If that were the qualifier for genius, just about everyone would be one. I never thought grossman was a great qb, but I thought he was he best we had. Griese didn’t prove me wrong. They both sucked. Heiling yourself as a genius for a disagreement that didn’t even matter in the grand scheme of things is sad. You’re better than that...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you like it or not, Grossman was a big part of the Bears reaching the Super Bowl. His first half of the season was great, with some pundits even clamoring for MVP consideration at the midway point.

He shit the bed the second half, but the Bears would not have got there with Griese or Orton.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and proclaiming yourself a genius in both screen name and in posts, most certainly means you are a water wing-wearing retard, that predicts the weather by licking windows.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, all I’m saying, is you are identifying yourself as a genius for saying a bears qb sucks. If that were the qualifier for genius, just about everyone would be one. I never thought grossman was a great qb, but I thought he was he best we had. Griese didn’t prove me wrong. They both sucked. Heiling yourself as a genius for a disagreement that didn’t even matter in the grand scheme of things is sad. You’re better than that...

Taking Griese over Grossman is only the tip of the grand iceberg of my predictions coming to fruition. Furthermore when Grossman was lighting the world on fire EVERYONE was riding that train and I took a lot of shit for being the lone occupant on the anti Grossman bandwagon. And just as I predicted then when eventually I would be proven right everyone claims they were on my bandwagon from the start. It happens every time and of course it’s happening here.

Oh and you can say they both sucked but clearly Griese was better.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking Griese over Grossman is only the tip of the grand iceberg of my predictions coming to fruition. Furthermore when Grossman was lighting the world on fire EVERYONE was riding that train and I took a lot of shit for being the lone occupant on the anti Grossman bandwagon. And just as I predicted then when eventually I would be proven right everyone claims they were on my bandwagon from the start. It happens every time and of course it’s happening here.

Oh and you can say they both sucked but clearly Griese was better.
I have a hard time remembering shit you said 10 years ago on a different message board. Sorry. I also don’t care if you were right ten years ago or not. I believed in grossman from the get go when he came out of the gate on fire. But it did become very evident that he wasn’t what I thought. However, the difference between him and griese is negligible.

Anyway, trying to draw parallels with you being right on this issue from 10 years ago with the Howard situation is ridiculous.

Also, I just remembered, you were ready to focus on Seattle the year before you hated on grossman. Therefore you must’ve thought he was good enough to win a playoff game at some point?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time remembering shit you said 10 years ago on a different message board. Sorry. I also don’t care if you were right ten years ago or not. I believed in grossman from the get go when he came out of the gate on fire. But it did become very evident that he wasn’t what I thought. However, the difference between him and griese is negligible.

Anyway, trying to draw parallels with you being right on this issue from 10 years ago with the Howard situation is ridiculous.

Also, I just remembered, you were ready to focus on Seattle the year before you hated on grossman. Therefore you must’ve thought he was good enough to win a playoff game at some point?

I was answering your statement of Grossman vs Griese being the lone qualifier for being a genius. I answered it by saying that's only the tip of the iceberg and you come back and say you don't care. Then don't make false statements from the beginning then I wouldn't have had to waste my time with you. Simple.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was answering your statement of Grossman vs Griese being the lone qualifier for being a genius. I answered it by saying that's only the tip of the iceberg and you come back and say you don't care. Then don't make false statements from the beginning then I wouldn't have had to waste my time with you. Simple.
You started all the grossman shit... YOU were the guy desperate enough to prove your a genius by bringing up grossman. Go back and re read post #21.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Rex was the most polarizing QB in Bears history, at the time. People were crying for his benching by around mid-season of his first full season as starter.

BS the dolt loves taking credit for things in hindsight. However, he exposes himself everyday, as we move through the course of the season at hand.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You started all the grossman shit... YOU were the guy desperate enough to prove your a genius by bringing up grossman. Go back and re read post #21.

Yes I brought up a Grossman as another example of my tip of th iceberg which you initially refuted. Get it? Geez.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Rex was the most polarizing QB in Bears history, at the time. People were crying for his benching by around mid-season of his first full season as starter.

BS the dolt loves taking credit for things in hindsight. However, he exposes himself everyday, as we move through the course of the season at hand.

And that’s the difference between the genius and the idiots. I didn’t like Grossman at week 1

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s the difference between the genius and the idiots. I didn’t like Grossman at week 1

Lol. Rex was redshirted his rookie year.(save for a few games at the end after they were eliminated from playoff contention)

Missed most of '04 with a knee injury, and missed most of '05 with a broken ankle.

So you didn't like him, huh? lol. What a genius. Dude played like 3 fucking games in 3 years, and you think you are special for not liking him? LOFL

Or were you talking about week 1 in 2006, since that's pretty much his ONLY real week 1. But you were saying fuck him on that day, when he pasted the Packers 26-0??

I think most fans were just excited to see someone that wasn't some geriatric retread or some noodle-armed game manager.

You are a sad little man.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I brought up a Grossman as another example of my tip of th iceberg which you initially refuted. Get it? Geez.
You weren’t even talking to me when you brought up grossman. You were the first person to mention him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren’t even talking to me when you brought up grossman. You were the first person to mention him.

No you were:

"I remember you saying griese should start over grossman when both were awful"