• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson looks really good

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to toot my own horn, but he was the guy I really wanted. This is a good sign for Trubisky. It just shows that the talking heads have no idea how to rate QB classses. He may not be throwing all the touchdowns, but I think he can have a wentz-like rookie year. I think that's a fair learning curve for Trubisky as well. Tomorrow is going to be awesome.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's always beat the learning curve EXTREMELY fast, and then many plateau (or decline) into their 2nd and 3rd years.

Watson looks like he is just as likely to be Kaep/RGIII/... etc... as he is to be Russell Wilson.

Long ways to go. We're not even close to being able to call him a successful draft pick yet.

FWIW, Trub could easily bypass some of the NFL learning curve with his ability to move. However, it appears (at least from the small camp sample size) that he more uses his mobility to roll-out, scramble... etc... It didn't appear that he looked to run very often, unless it was his absolute last option. Maybe that will change in the regular season? No idea.

I know we ran a little read-option with Loggains/Gase the past two years. Obviously we couldn't do it with Glennon. It wouldn't shock me if it made it's way back into the equation for Trub. Hope he's good at sliding though...

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running QB's always beat the learning curve EXTREMELY fast, and then many plateau (or decline) into their 2nd and 3rd years.

Watson looks like he is just as likely to be Kaep/RGIII/... etc... as he is to be Russell Wilson.

Long ways to go. We're not even close to being able to call him a successful draft pick yet.

FWIW, Trub could easily bypass some of the NFL learning curve with his ability to move. However, it appears (at least from the small camp sample size) that he more uses his mobility to roll-out, scramble... etc... It didn't appear that he looked to run very often, unless it was his absolute last option. Maybe that will change in the regular season? No idea.

I know we ran a little read-option with Loggains/Gase the past two years. Obviously we couldn't do it with Glennon. It wouldn't shock me if it made it's way back into the equation for Trub. Hope he's good at sliding though...
You're really reaching...

Kaepernick has never looked as good as Watson has passing the ball and RGIII was rushing for near a hundred yards per game. Kaepernick was always make 1 or 2 reads then running off. Watson is extending plays first and then running for it if he has to. That's how Russell Wilson and Dak prescott have succeeded.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is getting so much time, he just stands back there waiting for a route to be run and tosses the pass most of the time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one believe Watson will flame out. Too inaccurate and runs too much. Slow making reads. The guy is a winner tho.. well see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really reaching...

Kaepernick has never looked as good as Watson has passing the ball and RGIII was rushing for near a hundred yards per game. Kaepernick was always make 1 or 2 reads then running off. Watson is extending plays first and then running for it if he has to. That's how Russell Wilson and Dak prescott have succeeded.

Wow. You have zero perspective or memory. So many rookie QB's have had similar early success.

Fans of this sport are amazing. I swear, they make the same mistakes OVER AND OVER with QB's.

What are we? 4 games in? He's played 2 good ones? Do you know the laundry list of QB's you can say that about, who amounted to nothing? Holy shit... it's astonishing.

Watson looks good, but we are LIGHT YEARS... and I mean LIGHT YEARS away from being able to even say that pick was semi-successful for Houston.

Kaep started 7 games, went 5-2 with a 62% CMP 10 TD's 3 INT's 98.3 QB rating with 13.3 yards per completion... Oh, and then he only went 2-1 with a QB rating over 100 in the post-season. En route to the Super Bowl. Lol

Kaep's first season still towers over Watson's.

Oh, and...

RG3: 20 TD's 5 INT's 102.4 QB rating 65.6 CMP% 9-6 record

"I hate to toot my own horn"

How completely embarrassing. lol. Yeah, oh wow dude... That national championship winning, superstar QB! I mean, who saw him coming! You really had to do some advanced scouting on him! Nobody had heard of him!

Too good... This is all so perfect. :pound:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You have zero perspective or memory. So many rookie QB's have had similar early success.

Fans of this sport are amazing. I swear, they make the same mistakes OVER AND OVER with QB's.

What are we? 4 games in? He's played 2 good ones? Do you know the laundry list of QB's you can say that about, who amounted to nothing? Holy shit... it's astonishing.

Watson looks good, but we are LIGHT YEARS... and I mean LIGHT YEARS away from being able to even say that pick was semi-successful for Houston.

Kaep started 7 games, went 5-2 with a 62% CMP 10 TD's 3 INT's 98.3 QB rating with 13.3 yards per completion... Oh, and then he only went 2-1 with a QB rating over 100 in the post-season. En route to the Super Bowl. Lol

Kaep's first season still towers over Watson's.

Oh, and...

RG3: 20 TD's 5 INT's 102.4 QB rating 65.6 CMP% 9-6 record

"I hate to toot my own horn"

How completely embarrassing. lol. Yeah, oh wow dude... That national championship winning, superstar QB! I mean, who saw him coming! You really had to do some advanced scouting on him! Nobody had heard of him!

Too good... This is all so perfect. :pound:
Its only week 5.

What makes you compare Watson to RG3 and Kaep anyway? The only real similarity there is they are fast and black. RG3 and Kaep used their legs as a weapon to directly move the ball downfield. RG3 absorbed a lot of hits that ruined his career, and the league found out Kaep isn't a passer. Watson doesn't use his legs like they do. It makes him a fundamentally different player. It makes him more like Rodgers and RW in that he uses his legs and speed to make plays longer to help the passing game. Occasionally these QBs will pick up big gains by running, but it's not priority on the play like it is/was for Kaep and RG3.

I'm excited for Trubisky tonight, but it's nice to see the player I wanted most succeeding as well (I wanted a QB bad, and Trubisky was was my second choice).

Anyway, you're hilarious richig. Mostly because you're always wrong, but incredibly arrogant in your predictions that always end up being wrong. This board wouldn't be he same without you.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is getting so much time, he just stands back there waiting for a route to be run and tosses the pass most of the time.
That is a good point. Against KC he was mostly going against a prevent defense. He's still gotta put up the points though.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point. Against KC he was mostly going against a prevent defense. He's still gotta put up the points though.

Exactly, hence my point why we draft OL. Fix this, and all the offensive problems go away. A great line can even make Watson look good.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, hence my point why we draft OL. Fix this, and all the offensive problems go away. A great line can even make Watson look good.
I think we're one or two good Ts away from a very good line. Sadly, we might need another g for depth for injuries. Trubisky also needs someone to throw to.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're one or two good Ts away from a very good line. Sadly, we might need another g for depth for injuries. Trubisky also needs someone to throw to.
Only Massie needs to go. We have 3 great Guards once Gasu gets back from his ACL. Plus, Kush played very well last season as a back up Guard.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*ck him.

Go Bears.

12-4, The Dream Is Still Alive.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky also needs someone to throw to.

Yeah, I mean Hopkins is a pretty nice WR to have, and now Fuller is back for the Texans as well...

Wonder what Pittsburgh would want for Martavis? (Or if they are actually looking to sell. Might just be bluster from the player.)... Maybe see what the Chargers would want for a Tyrell Williams, seeing as his snap count is going south with Mike Williams healthy there...

Those are maybe trade possibilities now, but I know that rarely happens in today's NFL...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean Hopkins is a pretty nice WR to have, and now Fuller is back for the Texans as well...

Wonder what Pittsburgh would want for Martavis? (Or if they are actually looking to sell. Might just be bluster from the player.)... Maybe see what the Chargers would want for a Tyrell Williams, seeing as his snap count is going south with Mike Williams healthy there...

Those are maybe trade possibilities now, but I know that rarely happens in today's NFL...
Any help we get at WR is probably coming from free agency or the practice squad until the offseason.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great game against a very good defense.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was not the first QB taken because of the ACL in 2014, do you know if this is the same knee or the other one?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII part duex

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that he got hurt, but it's also the main reason I didn't want him. His play and his stature is not conducive to a long tenure in the NFL.

Running QB's always do this, like I said above in the thread. Start out ridiculously hot in their rookie year, get to a certain place very fast and then they plateau. Due to the fact that they can take that quick career short-cut using their athleticism. They're always a liability with injuries, miss games, play hurt, turn the ball over, always take too many sacks because they hold the ball so long, trying to extend the play (instead of throw it away).

People fawn over them because they make these "Wow!" kind of plays, but it never amounts to too much except a sexy career highlight tape. They always struggle in the post-season, because they make a living off of embarrassing bad teams and getting game-planned/executed against properly by the league's top defense's.

Only one I can think of that truly panned out into a big-time QB is Wilson, but he had a lot of help in those development years to ease him along.

The league's best passers, who generally speaking, struggle that first year a bit. Then come along slowly, but are better for it. As it forces them to really learn the ins-and-outs of the game. They wind-up being the far better option long-term. They can play until they're into their mid-late 30's, as we can see. Running QB's are all flash, and almost always leave their better days behind them in their mid-late 20's.