• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derwin James

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Sutton in round 2 if he makes it to #50. Alternatively I'd be very happy with Justin Reid (S) at #50 if there's not going to be an Earl Thomas trade.

I think Reid's bro is still out there as a FA. Really good player just doesn't stand for anthems

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who wanted us to trade to move up...

This was likely a decent draft, but not a great draft. Time will tell, but this might not even be a good draft.

I'm not talking about how the Cowboys handled it. I'm talking about the caliber of player available.

Earlier in the week, Stephen said that they only had 17 that were first round talent. I was quick to question that statement, but, after looking at it objectively, I think he's right, at the very least, but maybe even exaggerating.

Take away the run on QBs, and what we have left are just a few guys who appear to be true first round talent. The only way to get them would be by trading away next year's draft (which is what some teams did).

We didn't need a QB in the first round. The only possible trade up, IMO, was for Vea. After he was gone, I kept holding my breath hoping that an announcement stating that Dallas traded to move up would NOT be announced.

We don't need second round talent in this draft that would cost us possible 1st round talent next year. If we can't make the playoffs with our current talent and what we draft this year, we sure as hell ain't going to be playoff contenders with what we have and next year's draft minus a first and/or second.

Sometimes the best approach to the draft is knowing that the draft ain't worth mortgaging next year's draft.

I'm happy with where we are. Hopefully tomorrow we will continue the approach.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish philly had something to play for in the final game. We could have got derwin if we had lost that game. Chargers are real lucky

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who wanted us to trade to move up...

This was likely a decent draft, but not a great draft. Time will tell, but this might not even be a good draft.

I'm not talking about how the Cowboys handled it. I'm talking about the caliber of player available.

Earlier in the week, Stephen said that they only had 17 that were first round talent. I was quick to question that statement, but, after looking at it objectively, I think he's right, at the very least, but maybe even exaggerating.

Take away the run on QBs, and what we have left are just a few guys who appear to be true first round talent. The only way to get them would be by trading away next year's draft (which is what some teams did).

We didn't need a QB in the first round. The only possible trade up, IMO, was for Vea. After he was gone, I kept holding my breath hoping that an announcement stating that Dallas traded to move up would NOT be announced.

We don't need second round talent in this draft that would cost us possible 1st round talent next year. If we can't make the playoffs with our current talent and what we draft this year, we sure as hell ain't going to be playoff contenders with what we have and next year's draft minus a first and/or second.

Sometimes the best approach to the draft is knowing that the draft ain't worth mortgaging next year's draft.

I'm happy with where we are. Hopefully tomorrow we will continue the approach.
We just missed out on the elite players. Cowboys need to trade up in the 2nd.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Cowboy fans would be happier about shutting out the eventual SB champions and bottling up Foles. Yes, the Eagles did try in the first and they could do nothing against our D. The same Foles who carved up everybody in the playoffs, we made look like a scrub. People questioned whether Foles could even win a playoff game after we shut him down. That game looked like the start of what could be a dominant defense. After getting LVE, if we can get Earl Thomas, this defense looks SB caliber. Yet, Cowboy fans just rather bitch about how we would've, could've, should've gotten Derwin James if we just lost to Philly. Personally, I'm glad we beat Philly the way we did. Especially considering how Philly looked in the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, Cowboy fans just rather bitch about how we would've, could've, should've gotten Derwin James if we just lost to Philly. Personally, I'm glad we beat Philly the way we did. Especially considering how Philly looked in the playoffs
amen brother
somebody here always has to play the woulda coulda shoulda card