• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr should start for the Raiders

Who should be the Raiders starting QB ?

• Total voters

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear to me that Derek Carr should start for the Raiders.

He literally sliced up the Seahawks 1st team defense.

Raiders have found their answer at QB.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in....

After watching Schaub struggle mightily, and now injured?, I think Carr should get the spot, let's face it, if the Raiders just mail it in this time RM and DA will be in deep doo-doo, they have to put the best team on the field, I don't know what exactly is wrong with Schaub but he is not clicking with the O.

Too much on the line to not put the hot hand behind center, ideally that would be Schaub at this time, but there is no sign that he has recovered from his disastrous '13 campaign, he took it like a man in Houston so I expect him to be a team player and wait for a chance to redeem himself.

The Raiders will need to start this season strong if there is any hope of turning this team around, "changing the culture" as it has been bandied about by the media. It's not going to change my life if they don't, but I have been as patient as any fan could be through these past (ouch) 12 years and I am ready to see something positive after so many crushing defeats, as fans we deserve it.

Come on Oakland Raiders make me proud to be a true fan once again, I haven't given up yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks damn good. But let Schaub start, the future looks good with Carr, but let him learn and watch from Schaub like Rodgers did with Favre. If Schaub starts sucking it up, put him in.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks damn good. But let Schaub start, the future looks good with Carr, but let him learn and watch from Schaub like Rodgers did with Favre. If Schaub starts sucking it up, put him in.

So you're saying they should wait till the second quarter?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, this is his redshirt season. Schaub starts and if he struggles they go with McGloin.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wise choice would be to sit CARR, but ALLEN is under the microscope this season and to boot with MCKENZIE on the hot seat they need the RAIDERS to lite it up now...

Every college QB's dream is to become the starter....and looks like MOORE and him seem to be hitting it off....SCWAMP was rattled before even stepping in OAKLAND...then he has real poor showings in pre-season and you bet your SWEET ASS that he wanted CARR to land on his against SEATTLE...to prove to us he is not ready..

But I for one say FUCK IT AND JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear to me that Derek Carr should start for the Raiders.

He literally sliced up the Seahawks 1st team defense.

Raiders have found their answer at QB.
It was only a preseason game and doesn't mean squat.

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AGREE

It was only a preseason game and doesn't mean squat.

But putting CARR's feet to the fire isn't a very good idea, but you know how the APPLE never falls to far from the tree....but we will see..

So is DIVA DEZ finally put to bed with a long term deal or NO?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexy Rexy has a really good D, and has been known to feast on rookie QBs.. Say we start Carr and he struggles?? The Fan base and Media will turn on him on a dime!! See he is not ready, DA is going to ruin him!! Blah Blah.. We all know the drill.. Thats my fear.. We start Carr?? There is no turning back if he struggles, hey all rookies struggle, we ride it and support him!! We start MS?? And if he stinks?? We go to our future.. I will say this though.. Carr has GREAT GREAT arm talent!! Granted it was a small sample size, but he went right the best in the game Sherman and his boyz, and LOOKED good doing it.. DA and the Raider brass have alot of thinking to do.. Oh, shout out to DMo!!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr don't need to sit and watch he has watched since he was 12 watching his brother learning then how to read coverages. The more I think about it the more I believe he could be elite. Think about it, his brother went to every game he played in his senior year, constantly critiquing, coaching and guiding him, showing him what not to do, teaching him what he has learned and how to avoid the mistakes he made. We know he has the skill set, but more than that he is a major competitor. listen to some of his speeches to his teammates before kick off, you think you are watching Friday night lights (the movie) or something. The more I think about this guy the more I think the Raiders may have a real star on the horizon.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub is only here for a couple years anyway, so let him start and let Carr and McGloin sit and learn. Oakland is set real good for the future now, with Carr the eventual starter, and we know what we got with McGloin behind Carr. If Schaub can't start week #1, then that only pushes the timetable up for Carr and McGloin as QB 1-2 depth chart.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baptism by fire....it's the way to go for Carr. The Raiders won't make the playoffs this year anyway, so why not get Carr on the field so he can begin to understand the system and make big strides next season? I think the Raider defense will be much improved this year, and might even keep them in a lot of games. I think the Raiders are a couple of players away on offense from becoming a very good team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lucky.. How do you know we won't make the playoff?? I mean there is a good chance you might be right!! But at least let us play a few games to SEE what kind of team we will have, before you throw us in the gutter.. What if we start Carr, and he carries us to a playoff birth?? I know it sounds crazy, but ya know me im a crazy kind of guy.. Luck and RG3 carried their rebuilt teams.. Could Carr do the same for the Raiders?? Nah that's just to WAY out there!! eh??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the future is NOW in Oakland!! Suddenly Carr is not ready.. LOL its like i can see the future.. Anyways im game with Carr starting, let's do it!! First up?? Rex and his very good front 7!! Make no mistake, Rex is coming after Carr!! Its a must WIN game for him, and he is going to send everybody, from everywhere!! The OL NEEDS to hold, and give DC time to go after that Jet depleted secondary!! That will open up our Power RUN game!! And RUN right at them is what the Raiders want to do!! When Rex sends the house, Carr needs to hit the OPEN man!! That will back his D off!! Yup it sure will.. OL OL OL!! Crazy that Carr is the first rookie opening day starter in Raider history!! The future is now!! There is no tomorrow, only today!! Protect the franchise OL!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where ya at Raider fans?? Do you not want to comment on history being made in Oakland?? What do you think about Carr starting??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is the easy choice to start. He outplayed Schaub in the preseason and might as well get the rookie playing. What can it hurt? If he plays well then most likely the Raiders are half way competitive this season plus have a year of experience under the Rookie's belt as he heads into year two. If he stinks it up then he has a year of experience to learn from heading into next season. The only downside to playing a rookie is the risk of them losing some confidence but to me if they can't handle a little adversity then they shouldn't be a starting quarterback in the NFL anyway. Things are going to go wrong for every player at some point. It is how they bounce back that matters.