• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depth Chart Spring ball:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started to watch some clips of Spring practice. Not sure how many are on Facebook, but there is Irish page that posts highlights from that day's practice. I really think these WR/TE are the best group we have had in a long time. We know the QB's can play. But man the speed they have is pretty sweet.

-ESB looks like he is going to be the next great WR in all of college. Tall, fast, great hands. Going to be huge when we need a "go to guy" for that crucial play.
-Hunter Jr is looking all the part of the 2nd WR. He just has what it takes to get it done.
-Holmes speed is going to come in pretty handy. Not much clips on him.
-Stepenson....I am telling you right now, this kid is going to put up some serious numbers. He is so quick with his cuts, forget anyone trying to cover him 1on1...No way in hell a LB can cover him in the slot. He hands are even better than his cutting ability. The kid is going to be good.
-Jones should be a top TE this yr, if we actually use them. Kid is just gifted as an athlete and no LB can cover him.
-RB should be a dam good group is we can stay healthy.

Defense looking good too. I know it's spring camp, but you can tell there are more athletes on the field this yr. I saw a clip of the DL standing around and having some laughs. Man, are these some big ass boys!! I like seeing that. Does not look like they will get pushed around this yr. Gotta love it.

-Morgan looks much better. I saw a few times where he had coverage down the middle of the field and had some nice break ups. Just shows his athletic ability there.
-Luke looks the part once again.
-Crawford looks like he is going to be dam good. He is always around the ball making plays.
I wouldn't read too much into it. Have you ever seen a bad highlight reel? And the defense is not playing 100%. I see guys laying off but at full game speed there would be bigger collisions. Not that I'm complaining but nobody needs to get hurt this early. Also consider our number ones in D ranked pretty low last year and that was with Sheldon Day and Jaylon Smith.

We do have great depth on offense though. I am confident we have legitimate playmakers.

The key to the defense will be keeping Jarron Jones healthy all year. He's a huge difference-maker when he's in there.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Adams and Folston listed as splitting time. Is Folston showing any weakness due to his injuries.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4/19/16 Update:

Kizer is starting to hit his stride. He looks really good and might be taking the lead. Blue and Gold game will be a big battle between MZ and Kizer.

Kizer and Hunter are connecting a lot.

One person who has struggled is Justin Yoon. He has been missing a lot of FGs.

RBs are looking good. Adams is a Monster and Folston is just a smart RB that finds all the holes. Williams is starting to catch on.

Hunter is starting to look like the best WR in the group. Should be an exciting year for him.

A. Jones is starting to look scary as a pass catcher for the Defense. Break out year for him.

Bars taking over the RT spot.

McGlinchey and Nelson are dominating the Let side.

EE Hayes is stealing the show on D from the young guys. Studstill is right behind him.

Morgan is starting to become a leader. Starting to hit his potential.

Tranquill is a big time Hitter in the secondary. opposing WR's will think twice when coming across the middle when they get hit once.

Kevin Stepherson….what a steal. Some think he might be the best All around WR in the group already. Scary. He was a 3 star recruit.

Some are saying this might be the best EE class ND has had. All making an impact.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into it. Have you ever seen a bad highlight reel? And the defense is not playing 100%. I see guys laying off but at full game speed there would be bigger collisions. Not that I'm complaining but nobody needs to get hurt this early. Also consider our number ones in D ranked pretty low last year and that was with Sheldon Day and Jaylon Smith.

We do have great depth on offense though. I am confident we have legitimate playmakers.

The key to the defense will be keeping Jarron Jones healthy all year. He's a huge difference-maker when he's in there.

My point is the player catching the ball or defending it is going 100%. IDC if it's practice or not, you get a chance to make a play, you make it. These guys are not just going to give up and let the other person make a play, that's how you get benched. Sure they are not tackling them as hard as they can, but they should be in the spot to make a tackle, and what CB is going to give up before a route is done? The skilled players looked good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day it looks more like Studstill the EE will be the starter. Very impressive. VG said he never saw a young player pick up his D so fast with out and major hiccups. VG and Light both said both will play but the true starter they dont know yet but it looks like from the spring it will be Studstill.

Spring Fall out:
Ok so Blue and gold game is 2 days away. Here is a little catch up for some of you guys.
Players that have looked amazing: Admas, McGlinchy, Hunter Jr. Adams is going to be a stud this year if healthy. Coaches are excited. McGlinchy: Coaches would be shocked if he didnt let up a sack this coming year. Coaches are saying he has a good shot to be better then Stanley, and martin at LT. Hunter looks like a serious weapon and should have a break out year.

Players that are 1 tier down and look good: nelson, Folston, Holmes. All 3 will be a major players for a successful season.

On Defense: Young players have showed up. Most coaches are saying most impressive EE class they have had. Hayes, and Studstill will play major mins this year. Others like Perry and Kareem will also get playing time.

Other young players that will be major parts of this Defense is Crawford and Bial.

Little Insight on Players:
Left side of OL will be super strong. They should dominate. Nelson and McGlinchy are just brawlers and both move very well for Big guys.
Folston is playing well. Looks great after the injury. He will be a nice 1-2 punch with Adams. Williams is right behind him.
Holmes: Scary Athletic. Makes toughest catches. He should be a great red zone target because he catches almost everything in his radius. He has a shot to be better then Fuller because he has better hands. He is just as fast as Fuller but just needs to continue to play at Football speed. He is starting to show that.
Crawford: is what the ND secondary has been missing. He is going to be great in sub packages. With Crawford ND can get out of base packages all the time.
Hayes: Looking like he will be a starter. He has leadership ability and is very Vocal.
Studstill: Kid has a shot to be special at the Safty position. Something ND has been missing for awhile.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day it looks more like Studstill the EE will be the starter. Very impressive. VG said he never saw a young player pick up his D so fast with out and major hiccups. VG and Light both said both will play but the true starter they dont know yet but it looks like from the spring it will be Studstill.

Spring Fall out:
Ok so Blue and gold game is 2 days away. Here is a little catch up for some of you guys.
Players that have looked amazing: Admas, McGlinchy, Hunter Jr. Adams is going to be a stud this year if healthy. Coaches are excited. McGlinchy: Coaches would be shocked if he didnt let up a sack this coming year. Coaches are saying he has a good shot to be better then Stanley, and martin at LT. Hunter looks like a serious weapon and should have a break out year.

Players that are 1 tier down and look good: nelson, Folston, Holmes. All 3 will be a major players for a successful season.

On Defense: Young players have showed up. Most coaches are saying most impressive EE class they have had. Hayes, and Studstill will play major mins this year. Others like Perry and Kareem will also get playing time.

Other young players that will be major parts of this Defense is Crawford and Bial.

Little Insight on Players:
Left side of OL will be super strong. They should dominate. Nelson and McGlinchy are just brawlers and both move very well for Big guys.
Folston is playing well. Looks great after the injury. He will be a nice 1-2 punch with Adams. Williams is right behind him.
Holmes: Scary Athletic. Makes toughest catches. He should be a great red zone target because he catches almost everything in his radius. He has a shot to be better then Fuller because he has better hands. He is just as fast as Fuller but just needs to continue to play at Football speed. He is starting to show that.
Crawford: is what the ND secondary has been missing. He is going to be great in sub packages. With Crawford ND can get out of base packages all the time.
Hayes: Looking like he will be a starter. He has leadership ability and is very Vocal.
Studstill: Kid has a shot to be special at the Safty position. Something ND has been missing for awhile.

Any updates on Zaire, Kizer, Wimbush.

I know D. Hayes has great talent, hopefully he can avoid the injuries that screwed up his HS career and be the next great ND linebacker (Teo, Jaylon Smith, ?). I also hear that Jay Hayes has been looking good at D-line. I've already moved on from basketball. Looking forward to the Blue and Gold game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates on Zaire, Kizer, Wimbush.

I know D. Hayes has great talent, hopefully he can avoid the injuries that screwed up his HS career and be the next great ND linebacker (Teo, Jaylon Smith, ?). I also hear that Jay Hayes has been looking good at D-line. I've already moved on from basketball. Looking forward to the Blue and Gold game.
All 3 look good but its a 2 man race. Kizer vs MZ. Both have their positives. Kizer looks good (accurate) and MZ looks like he can make more plays.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Spring Depth Chart going into the Summer:
QB: Kizer/MZ
RB:Adams/Folston/Williams
WR:Hunter, Brown, Holmes
TE: Smythe