• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Nuggets - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been cool to have seen the Milwaukee win.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold is not a good color for the Jazz. Stick with blue, green, or purple with mountains.

I was finally able to turn on the TV with a little under three minutes to go and I wasn't thinking who we were playing so I assumed that we were the other jerseys. But when I saw number 27 on Denver, obviously that's not Gobert.

I have not seen a full game this year or even the majority. I haven't had time. So when I turned on the TV in a 20 point win, I just assumed I wouldn't recognize anyone who was playing so that's why it took so long. No audio and the camera always looks so zoomed out in national televised games.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was finally able to turn on the TV with a little under three minutes to go and I wasn't thinking who we were playing so I assumed that we were the other jerseys. But when I saw number 27 on Denver, obviously that's not Gobert.

I have not seen a full game this year or even the majority. I haven't had time. So when I turned on the TV in a 20 point win, I just assumed I wouldn't recognize anyone who was playing so that's why it took so long. No audio and the camera always looks so zoomed out in national televised games.

The other thing I've noticed about these national TV games, is that they're not postgame interviews with the winning team.

Usually a sideline reporter is ready to ask a member of the winning team a few questions about the game.

They didn't do that in this name, nor the game I saw a few weeks ago. Both might have been ESPN games.

Maybe ESPN only does it for the playoffs.

The Jazz game on Dec. 7th is on TNT, so we'll see what happens then.

So I, like you, was having trouble with the broadcast.

Both with team uniforms, and with the lack of postgame interview.

Did you like our jokes about how the gold jerseys looked like former Pacers players?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I've noticed about these national TV games, is that they're not postgame interviews with the winning team.

Usually a sideline reporter is ready to ask a member of the winning team a few questions about the game.

They didn't do that in this game, nor the game I saw a few weeks ago. Both might have been ESPN games.

Maybe ESPN only does it for the playoffs.

The Jazz game on Dec. 7th is on TNT, so we'll see what happens then.

So I, like you, was having trouble with the broadcast.

Both with team uniforms, and with the lack of postgame interview.

Did you like our jokes about how the gold jerseys looked like former Pacers players?

I thought they looked like Golden State Warriors but then when the Pacers were mentioned, that obviously matches.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they looked like Golden State Warriors but then when the Pacers were mentioned, that obviously matches.

The Warriors usually have the Golden Gate bridge on their jerseys. While the Pacers and Lakers don't really have a drawing like that.

So that's why I didn't initially think of the Warriors. There wasn't a drawing that reminded me more of them.

But good one. So we've thought of 3 teams other than the Jazz, that the uniforms remind us of.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we could have had a game thread where @MHSL82 refers to the Jazz players as Warriors players; @Sackataters refers to the Jazz players as Pacers players, and @nuraman00 refers to the Jazz players as L.A. Lakers players.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we could have had a game thread where @MHSL82 refers to the Jazz players as Warriors players; @Sackataters refers to the Jazz players as Pacers players, and @nuraman00 refers to the Jazz players as L.A. Lakers players.

Do you get a notification when you tag yourself? And I wonder if you turned off your notifications for people quoting you if you would still get notifications for someone quoting something you tagged yourself in or someone else tagged you in?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you get a notification when you tag yourself? And I wonder if you turned off your notifications for people quoting you if you would still get notifications for someone quoting something you tagged yourself in or someone else tagged you in?

No, you don't get notifications when you tag or quote yourself.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the alerts only work on the immediate response.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't get notifications when you tag or quote yourself.

Thanks. @MHSL82 could have just figured that out by tagging himself, but he wanted to ask you for some reason. Karl Malone says hi.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like how Google does not really allow you to copy the webpage on a Google search. Try it on your phone. If you Google something and then tap on the address bar, the address bar will only show the terms you searched for. So if I copy that, it will only tell me the search terms. I don't want to try to upload a screenshot here.

Anyway, I searched, "Golden State warriors yellow jerseys" and the images have several jerseys without the logo. I'm not sure which one they have used in actual games because I don't care about jerseys traditionally and I don't care about the Warriors. I wouldn't recognize when they make a change unless it was extra atrocious or pointed out to me. Or both. I only noticed yesterday because it's my team and it's way different. And Denver was wearing similar colors. I was wondering why "we" were shooting the ball instead of running the clock out and why Denver was running the clock out. It turned out that I was just wrong on which one was which. I figured that I wouldn't recognize the players in garbage time. I also noticed somebody on Denver wearing Gobert's number.

I just thought of this: I wonder if Gobert would be a Chicago Bears fan if he were drafted by the Bulls. Because all the fans in his hypothetical state that support the team would be saying his name when I said "Go Bears." He could have some marketing where it says "Gobert says Go Bears." Or some more clever variation of that.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought of this: I wonder if Gobert would be at Chicago Bears fan if he were drafted by the Bulls. Because all the fans in his hypothetical state that support the team would be saying his name when I said "Go Bears." He could have some marketing where it says "Gobert says Go Bears." Or some more clever variation of that.

Good post. Maybe they could have him do the coin toss at Bears games?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post. Maybe they could have him do the coin toss at Bears games?

Let'st seet ift yout gett thist onet.

Comb your hert. Eat your pert and your wert. Pay your fert. Get a breath of fresh ert. Sit sterting in a chert. You old mert, nert you mind whert the rert underwert you wert went. Or if it's it's unfert that you must watch out for that bert. Stand thert in his lert if you dert. See if I cert.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does "in his lert" mean?