• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeMarcus Cousins to the Pelicans is the new big NBA trade rumor

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as currently comprised but you can add decent spot up shooters for cheap. There isn't a better front court in the league now and both guys are capable of playing outside the post which adds a load of flexibility. The key is to keep Jrue healthy it to get a pass first point guard. Honestly if I'm the Pelicans I maybe make a move for Rondo. I know that sounds crazy but joining 2 other UK guys may help him and if you can get him cheap you can spend a little it some shooters.

Rondo is the anti-spot up shooter though. What do the Pelicans have left to offer anyone? They are certainly big-heavy now, with Motiejunas, Asik, Ajinca, etc. Motie can't be traded until the offseason.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is the anti-spot up shooter though. What do the Pelicans have left to offer anyone? They are certainly big-heavy now, with Motiejunas, Asik, Ajinca, etc. Motie can't be traded until the offseason.
Yeah I thinl you need a pass first PG and 2 decent spot up shooters. I like Holliday I'm just j it sure A. He can stay healthy or B. He can distribute well enough

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a contrarian take on things and therefore must be an insightful, independent thinker. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter and/or blog.
:martini:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could very well leave after next season. There is no real advantage to stay with New Orleans (other than playing with Davis) for Cousins, as the trade killed that $30M re-signing advantage the current team usually holds. Giving up potentially two lottery picks (counting Hield) for a year and a half of Boogie Cancer could end up being a HUGE overpay.
Excellent post... This was exactly my point. :suds:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons' take, which is actually this is the best deal that could have happened, or close to it.
https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-demarcus-cousins-trade-analysis-27840c8cfc01#.9dujwablo
My beef is he keeps crossing other trading partners off the list because 'they don't need Boogie' because they have their own big guy (Denver, Philly, Utah)....ok but then doesn't New Orleans already have one too?

Annoying from Simmons. I just listened to his podcast from this morning where he said Vlade should have waited 3 days and this offer still would have been on the table ... possibly the Kings could have gotten more.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons' take, which is actually this is the best deal that could have happened, or close to it.

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-demarcus-cousins-trade-analysis-27840c8cfc01#.9dujwablo

My beef is he keeps crossing other trading partners off the list because 'they don't need Boogie' because they have their own big guy (Denver, Philly, Utah)....ok but then doesn't New Orleans already have one too?

IMO, the reasoning is more along the lines of this. The Pelicans need a superstar to play along side AD right now.
Is there a team out that is in more need of a top flight player right now? A player that can get them to the next player and make their current star happy?

Divac has made some really bad deals in the past few years. But I'm not entirely sure this is one of them. I really don't know what other offers the Kings were getting.

And I honestly think that the Pelicans were playing the Sixers off the Kings and telling them that they were on the cusp of a deal with the Sixers, which they apparently were at one point.

I'm sure there were other teams they could have traded with. I am not sure they could have got a lot more.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the reasoning is more along the lines of this. The Pelicans need a superstar to play along side AD right now.
Is there a team out that is in more need of a top flight player right now? A player that can get them to the next player and make their current star happy?

Divac has made some really bad deals in the past few years. But I'm not entirely sure this is one of them. I really don't know what other offers the Kings were getting.

And I honestly think that the Pelicans were playing the Sixers off the Kings and telling them that they were on the cusp of a deal with the Sixers, which they apparently were at one point.

I'm sure there were other teams they could have traded with. I am not sure they could have got a lot more.

Fair points. I definitely don't think this deal is the unmitigated disaster it's being spun as. Maybe they could've gotten more, but probably not a whole lot more. Obviously it puts a lot of pressure for Hield to turn out as good as Ranadive thinks he is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. I definitely don't think this deal is the unmitigated disaster it's being spun as. Maybe they could've gotten more, but probably not a whole lot more. Obviously it puts a lot of pressure for Hield to turn out as good as Ranadive thinks he is.

If Hield turns into a quality pro and the Pelicans miss the playoffs, the Kings will be pretty happy with this trade.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sixers rumor was apparently a similar deal to this involving Okafor, but no Hield. Sixers probably made out better by not doing it. Lottery odds increase this year with the kings pick swap and the kings 2019 first rounder looks more attractive as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sixers rumor was apparently a similar deal to this involving Okafor, but no Hield. Sixers probably made out better by not doing it. Lottery odds increase this year with the kings pick swap and the kings 2019 first rounder looks more attractive as well.

Yeah. Can't imagine the Kings winning more than 30 at this point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I thinl you need a pass first PG and 2 decent spot up shooters. I like Holliday I'm just j it sure A. He can stay healthy or B. He can distribute well enough

Read today that the Pelicans are likely to offer Holiday the max or close to it this summer.