• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I have not watched the kid that much - but even in his running all over the Rams, it did not look like he was running at full speed.

Any OU fans that saw that little piece of history feel the same? I'm looking forward to Murray and Tanner being building blocks for the Cowboys running game going forward, but his injury history worries me, and I'm not sold he's healthy right now. Am I just being worried for nothing?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dubious when the Cowboys drafted him. I thought he might be too small and seemed to be oft injured. Impressive for anyone to get that kind of running yards regardless of who you play. I'm still at wait and see, but very encouraged.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said for years. He is a home run threat.

All purpose player that gets it done.

OU Records:
-All-Time Leader in Touchdowns (65)
-All-Time Leader in All Purpose Yards (6,718)
-All-Time Leader in Receiving Yards for a Running Back (1,571)

You know how many fumbles he had? 0

Stats like that, at OU who is well known for their running teams of past, enough said.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said for years. He is a home run threat.

All purpose player that gets it done.

All-Time Leader in Touchdowns (65)
All-Time Leader in All Purpose Yards (6,718)
All-Time Leader in Receiving Yards for a Running Back (1,571)

You know how many fumbles he had? 0

Always did have a great game, every game, but shit with stats like that, at OU who is well known for their running teams of past, enough said.

Maybe its just me, but he didn't appear to be running well.....it looked like he was jogging or couldn't lift his knees to run faster......it just appeared strange. He was definitely dusting defenders, but he didn't look very fast. It occurred to me perhaps the knee injuries have slowed him a bit. Did he look normal to you?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its just me, but he didn't appear to be running well.....it looked like he was jogging or couldn't lift his knees to run faster......it just appeared strange. He was definitely dusting defenders, but he didn't look very fast. It occurred to me perhaps the knee injuries have slowed him a bit. Did he look normal to you?

This looks pretty normal to me.

But I know what you're talking about .Seem like he was high stepping on a couple of his runs. I like it though. He is gonna run over some people, just wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has lost a step since he broke his knee cap. He doesn't have the same pop. He is still faster than most defenders though just not the same as he was his first 2 years in Norman. He also has bad hamstrings which would worry me if I was a Cowboys fan.

But he has a huge heart and is not afraid to bull guys over.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has lost a step since he broke his knee cap. He doesn't have the same pop. He is still faster than most defenders though just not the same as he was his first 2 years in Norman. He also has bad hamstrings which would worry me if I was a Cowboys fan.

But he has a huge heart and is not afraid to bull guys over.

Very true.

In 2007 he was timed at a 4.42

That Cowboy run is exactly what he used bring to the table in Norman

2007 - 92 yard rush TD
2008 - 70 yard rush TD
2009 - 67 yard recieving TD
2010 - 63 rush TD, 76 yard recieving TD

Those where his season long each year. HomeRun threat.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm looking at is how he looks when he runs......it looks like he barely lifts his knees at all when hes running, it just looks strange. Most speed guys run with higher knees, it looks like he's shuffling more than running.

BUCS_72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I'm looking at is how he looks when he runs......it looks like he barely lifts his knees at all when hes running, it just looks strange. Most speed guys run with higher knees, it looks like he's shuffling more than running.
Not true........remember Herschel Walker? The guy barely lifted his knees and ran something like a 10.1 or 10.2 100 meters. Also Michael Johnson (olympic sprinter) had a very short stubby stride with not much knee lift and he held the world record in the 200 until Usain Bolt broke it.

Not argueing that some sprinters don't have high knee lift, it's just that your statement does not always hold true.

BUCS_72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And another thing........runners with high knee lift will be more susceptible to knee injury. It also puts more stress on the knees when running with high knee lift.
I know of a very fast sprinter who ran with high knee lift and he ended up with injuries and had several surgeries on his knees.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've notice Murray does have a different style of run, like I mention in the above post. It looks like he is high stepping alot but fast as hell! I'll try to find video.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great video of all 65 Career Touchdowns while at OU. Some really great ones.

[YOUTUBE]-qlB6tLBaTs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's always run that way......still looks weird. But then again, NOBODY looked weirder running the ball than MB3......it was like he had 3 legs or something everytime he broke a long run

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's always run that way......still looks weird. But then again, NOBODY looked weirder running the ball than MB3......it was like he had 3 legs or something everytime he broke a long run

Well I have been told I have 3 legs but that's an entirely different matter. :bounce: