• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense, Defense, Defense

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a few articles addressing this thought, and I think they are right on the money.

Here's one...
Georgia may have a new boss in the backfield, but Isaiah Crowell?s not the quick fix it needs - Dr. Saturday - NCAAFBlog - Yahoo! Sports

Who will be in the backfield? Who will replace AJ Green? How will the O-line play? These are some of the most common questions we hear about Georgia this coming season, but I agree with the author and the others like him, when they say that the defense may be the most important piece to this years success.

I mean really look at it. Other than Ealey's bad timing on a couple of horrible fumbles (and missed blocks), the running game did about what it usually does. Also, Murray & company lit it up through the air last year. Murray was great, especially for a freshman in the SEC. The O-line could use some improvement, but they weren't bad.

What's the missing piece? Defense. They were pretty bad last year, in almost every aspect. The run defense was sporadic at best, the pass rushing was near non-existent and some of the youger guys in the D-backfield got burned last year because of blown coverage.

So, Boykin came back instead of jumping to the NFL, that helps the pass defense a lot. The D-line will be more suited for the 3-4, after a year of experience and with huge JC transfer Jenkins at NT. Also, the LBs should be great. Some are hyping them as the most atheletic LB corps in the nation.

I like UGA's chances of atleast a much improved record from last year.

Last edited by a moderator: