• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear Charlie, NSD 2016

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad Charlie. You really had me worried, but you pulled it out at the end. Two good back to back classes. Not bad. Now you must put it together on the field. The new freshman should help, but they will need time. My suggestion is that you had better at least finish 7-5 next year, and that may not save you. You really need to finish 8-4 to be in Austin for sure in 2017. Good luck.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably putting too much weight on win / loss. That's probably only part of it. Also, depends on how much overall improvement there is. I would love to be wrong, but if he needs 9 wins, he might as well start packing now. The only chance is if Heard improves vastly. I guess it's possible, but after what I saw last year, I would really be surprised. Here's to surprises in 2016! :suds:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it matter if Heard improved vastly since Swoopes is going to start? :)

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wouldn't surprise me. I just can't believe we can't get a qb. Everybody keeps pointing the finger at Kai Locksley as the future. The problem is that they did the same thing with Heard. :gaah:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locksley is different though. His dad is a football coach. Was the OC at Maryland. You know Kai has been taught the proper fundamentals and mechanics all his life by his dad. That's why I think Kai could be the QB this program has desperately needed. Also, I think having Norvell and Watson running the offense hurt Heard in a major way. We'll see what Gilbert and co can do now. With that being said Strong can go 7-5 as long as their are ZERO embarrassing beatdowns. I just want to see a competitive team with competent coaching.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, bro. If you think 7-5 keeps his job, you need to check your drugs.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably putting too much weight on win / loss. That's probably only part of it. Also, depends on how much overall improvement there is. I would love to be wrong, but if he needs 9 wins, he might as well start packing now. The only chance is if Heard improves vastly. I guess it's possible, but after what I saw last year, I would really be surprised. Here's to surprises in 2016! :suds:

Well, the team last year was an ass hair away from 8 wins if it wasn't for incompetent coaching. Looks like the offensive side has been taken care of with new coaches, however, I still think the entire defensive coaching staff should have been fired immediately. When you field the worst defense statistically in UT history, that is a fire able offense. I know having a fuckery of an offense that led the world in 3 & outs last year, along with starting several young guys didn't help, but even when the offense did its job, Bedford's schemes would still fuck us. Even Chris Warren's dad was tweeting during the Baylor game how Strong needed to fire Bedford immediately after the game b/c his fucked up schemes couldn't stop Baylor's offense after they had to put in a WR to play QB and Briles basically went to the single wing and only ran 3 plays the rest of the game and Bedford's Rush defense was still gutted for almost 400 yds rushing. I hope Gilbert understands his offense must average 50 Ppg in order for this team to win games.