• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deano's mock draft 3/27

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.....not that the draft game on the first-pick.com site FULLY imitates art. That said...

I just took the tact of trading out of 14 to see what happens. In this case I only traded down to 16 and got two third rounders. Traded down for picks later as well and took it from 8 to 13 picks.

Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (B-)
Round 3 Pick 10: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 14 (BALT): Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (C)
Round 4 Pick 7 (WASH): Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (B+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (WASH): Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo (B-)
Round 4 Pick 22 (MINN): Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California (A-)
Round 5 Pick 10 (WASH): Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State (C-)
Round 5 Pick 11: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan (D)
Round 5 Pick 18 (T.B.): Marquez White, CB, Florida State (C)
Round 6 Pick 10: Travis Rudolph, WR, Florida State (B)
Round 7 Pick 12: Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois (C-)

Some slight misses as I don't know much about players after.....2nd-3rd round.....but it still was fun to play around with. Come on four more weeks!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles worked out Tennessee-Chattanooga DE Keionta Davis, an interesting smaller school DE I have read about. He apparently looked good in workouts, and played well against some big schools, catching the eye of scouts. 6'3, 270 pounds, 4.65 40, 30 bench reps, so pretty damn good workout numbers, better than I think was expected. The Bengals also supposedly like him and were at his workout, and also met with him before the workout.

Pro Day March 30 | Draft Analyst

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always interested in flyers like that. Has to have football toughness though and most basketball players don't.

He was a down in the dirt type of guy, played the 4-5 and was often compared to Charles Oakley (both played in the same state). Definitely has the mental makeup I think, and those physical traits are so intriguing. If the Birds were open to moving Taylor Hart to OT, they might be open to bringing in a project like this to work with.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are college power forwards trying to play TE every year now, most fail. But everyone wants the next Antonio Gates/Jimmy Graham.

The Cowboys last year got a guy like this, Rico Gathers from Baylor, and he was on the practice squad. You have to have some patience and basically think of them as developmental players that may never pan out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a down in the dirt type of guy, played the 4-5 and was often compared to Charles Oakley (both played in the same state). Definitely has the mental makeup I think, and those physical traits are so intriguing. If the Birds were open to moving Taylor Hart to OT, they might be open to bringing in a project like this to work with.

I always think of Chevy Troutman from Pitt when these things come up. He was a beast on the basketball floor and when someone asked him how about playing football he said he didn't like to get dirty.:wtf:

I just looked him up and it looks like someone might have even convinced him to try out for the Redskins but he didn't make it.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always think of Chevy Troutman from Pitt when these things come up. He was a beast on the basketball floor and when someone asked him how about playing football he said he didn't like to get dirty.:wtf:

I just looked him up and it looks like someone might have even convinced him to try out for the Redskins but he didn't make it.

VCU basketball standout Mo Alie-Cox eyes jump to NFL

“I played football for nine years growing up,” Alie-Cox told Sporting News last spring. “I think I’ve still played football, the amount of years, longer than I played basketball. So growing up, that was something I always wanted to do. But I transferred to private school, we had like 200 kids, we didn’t have a football team. So I just had to focus on basketball, and basketball is what brought me here.”

Every potential basketball convert has the same stigma attached to them - I remember Charles Barkley saying several times that he thought you had to be a little crazy to play football, that it takes a certain mental (or lack of) disposition to knowingly run your body full speed into another human being over and over again. He does have some background - and it sounds like he's got the will to do it, that's half the battle. If we're bringing him in as undrafted FA, what would we have to lose, right? The coaches will know immediately if he's even worthy of the 90 man roster, or at least working with as a project.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VCU basketball standout Mo Alie-Cox eyes jump to NFL

“I played football for nine years growing up,” Alie-Cox told Sporting News last spring. “I think I’ve still played football, the amount of years, longer than I played basketball. So growing up, that was something I always wanted to do. But I transferred to private school, we had like 200 kids, we didn’t have a football team. So I just had to focus on basketball, and basketball is what brought me here.”

Every potential basketball convert has the same stigma attached to them - I remember Charles Barkley saying several times that he thought you had to be a little crazy to play football, that it takes a certain mental (or lack of) disposition to knowingly run your body full speed into another human being over and over again. He does have some background - and it sounds like he's got the will to do it, that's half the battle. If we're bringing him in as undrafted FA, what would we have to lose, right? The coaches will know immediately if he's even worthy of the 90 man roster, or at least working with as a project.

I am interested in flyers like him like I said. Their background and the story of why they didn't play football is always important here. Sounds like a guy worth taking a chance on.