• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadline to Apply a Franchise Tag is Tomorrow at 4 PM (EST)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see if Dallas tags Dez. Either way, many guys get tagged and end up making a deal with the team before TC starts.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Devin McCourty is going to be an interesting one to watch. Some reports indicate he may hit free agency.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dez is a formality. He is getting tagged. Demarco Murray is hitting the open market.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit (WTF!)

Reports are out there that Houston has actually received the non-exclusive Franchise Tag. That means a team can trade two firsts for him... :mad2:

Justin Houston situation is about to get very interesting | ProFootballTalk

I could see Cleveland with having 2 firsts this year making that trade. They are not top-10 picks like usual so they will miss out on all the top tier pass rushers and they just got their quarterback for the next year in McCown so it makes sense to just go ahead and get one of the best defensive players in the league.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Cleveland with having 2 firsts this year making that trade. They are not top-10 picks like usual so they will miss out on all the top tier pass rushers and they just got their quarterback for the next year in McCown so it makes sense to just go ahead and get one of the best defensive players in the league.

The only thing is the Chiefs could match the money offered, in theory; at least up to a point. Not happy about this given Houston's agent going back to when he was a draftee has been difficult to deal with; it's just asking for trouble coming off of 22 sacks. Was also one of the last picks to sign in his class, as a 3rd round pick no less. There's certainly a lot of teams where this makes sense in the bottom third of the 1st. Cleveland is a good choice as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing is the Chiefs could match the money offered, in theory; at least up to a point. Not happy about this given Houston's agent going back to when he was a draftee has been difficult to deal with; it's just asking for trouble coming off of 22 sacks. Was also one of the last picks to sign in his class, as a 3rd round pick no less. There's certainly a lot of teams where this makes sense in the bottom third of the 1st. Cleveland is a good choice as well.

I look at it in the Browns have I think the 3rd most cap space in the entire NFL where the Chiefs hardly have any so the Browns can pay him handsomely where the Chiefs would struggle to make an offer of the same level. The Browns also finished 27th in the NFL last year in sacks so they have a huge need for a big time pass rusher. Now with the 12th and 19th pick it would be giving up pretty darn good value but at the same time hard to pass up on maybe one of the top-10 best players in the NFL.

The Colts are another team I could see being interested. They have a very late 1st round pick and most likely will again next year. Nobody at the end of the 1st in the next two years will probably produce like that of Houston. They really don't have much of a pass rush especially with their top pass rusher being injured this past year and really being up in age so they need to find his heir. Throw in they also have a ton of cap space.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it in the Browns have I think the 3rd most cap space in the entire NFL where the Chiefs hardly have any so the Browns can pay him handsomely where the Chiefs would struggle to make an offer of the same level. The Browns also finished 27th in the NFL last year in sacks so they have a huge need for a big time pass rusher. Now with the 12th and 19th pick it would be giving up pretty darn good value but at the same time hard to pass up on maybe one of the top-10 best players in the NFL.

The Colts are another team I could see being interested. They have a very late 1st round pick and most likely will again next year. Nobody at the end of the 1st in the next two years will probably produce like that of Houston. They really don't have much of a pass rush especially with their top pass rusher being injured this past year and really being up in age so they need to find his heir. Throw in they also have a ton of cap space.

I understand that, the Chiefs would just have to hemorrhage quite a few players that were already speculated to be cut.

Bowe, Walker (Low snap%), Hali, Mays(Hand), Devito (Achilles) Chase Daniel (Pryor/Murray make him redundant) are also guys that can be cut; subtract 50% of Berry's salary from placing him on the NFL list and the Chiefs could match up to a point. They certainly do have the ability to match say, a 20M/year offer, but obviously that's a lot of roster hemorrhage for my taste. The Browns might be the one team that could do this that I wouldn't be overly upset about. I would bet heavy on them finishing with less than 6 wins next year. That'd be a bidding war I can't be too thrilled about.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder when on March 2nd they are ready to sit 10 games...not good

Easy for him to say that now- how many guys coming off a rookie 3rd round contract are passing up 11.7M? It's just another round of chess when it comes to negotiating a contract. Rumor is Houston wants more than Watt got.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for him to say that now- how many guys coming off a rookie 3rd round contract are passing up 11.7M? It's just another round of chess when it comes to negotiating a contract. Rumor is Houston wants more than Watt got.
agree on the chess statements but this guy came outta the gate thumping the point. Sometimes they really are that stupid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to tell right now on a lot of this. He does seem to be a kid or at least his agent seems like the type to play hard ball and mean it. The fact that it took a 3rd round player so long to sign a rookie contract should show they are ready to make a statement if that is what it takes. To me though that type of thing just backfires for a player as the rest of the league looks at that and says "no way do I want to take on that kind of headache." These agents sometimes are the biggest idiots. Heck the Broncos went through that not too long ago with Elvis Dumervil where he told his agent that he would take the contract restructure the Broncos had offered and his agent on his own decided to see if he could just wait it out and make the Broncos have to pay full money for him for the year. All of a sudden minutes before the deadline when Dumervil realized what his agent had done he tried to get the restructured contract all signed but a Kinko's fax machine wasn't working and he cost his client millions of dollars because of it. The agent was fired in a matter of days of that happening.