• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dayne Crist

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The former Notre Dame quarterback has already graduated and is ready to play immediately. He is transferring, and is reportedly very interested in coming to Wisconsin.

I was wondering what you guys thought about this. If Budmayr and Phillips aren't healthy, it is obvious that Crist is a major upgrade. He is a former 5-star recruit who is pretty accurate but was out of place in Kelly's spread offense and couldn't move well enough to offset for a poor offensive line.

At the same time, becoming transfer quarterback university could damage our ability to recruit top level quarterbacks in the future.

I definitely think that adding Crist would be a plus, but I seem to be in the minority among Badger fans. What say you?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a terrible quarterback. I don't think you burn a scholarship on him. Abbredaris is in line to pick up Wilson's after the season is over.

On the other hand, if he can come in and beat out Houston, Phillips, Budmayr, and Brennan....then sure. Let him play.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this NOT shady? Wtf is Bielema doing up there in Madison.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this NOT shady? Wtf is Bielema doing up there in Madison.

Bielema hasn't done anything yet. Crist (the guy who worked hard to get a college degree) wants to play for a top tier team and get a top tier graduate degree. We have no idea if Bielema is gonna accept him, but there certainly isn't anything corrupt if he does.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is one huge fucking moron. How many times is he going to question this rule that's been explained to him countless times before? :L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find it interesting that two major college QBs have used this rule to get into Wisconsin.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I didn't realize Dayne Crist was a "major college QB."

2. This shit happens pretty frequently actually. Zach Brown, former Wisconsin runningback, used the exact same rule to get out of his 4 spot on the depth chart and go to Pitt to compete for the starting job. If you actually pay attention, there are several college players using this rule and other similar rules....like when Masoli was released and allowed to play elsewhere.

3. TWO quarterbacks haven't done this yet. Because it hasn't happened yet.

4. And it isn't just Crist. There are three other QBs hoping to transfer in.....and it isn't that hard to figure out why. Wisconsin runs a pro-style offense with a proven offensive coordinator who has been doing a great job with his QBs. They want to be pro-style quarterbacks in the NFL.

5. When are you going to say something intelligent, ducks? Inquiring minds want to know.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I feel on this... I haven't seen Crist play enough to make a judgement.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it would be a pretty good move for Wisconsin. Looking ahead to next year, Wisconsin has an unbelievably favorable schedule.

Crist isn't amazing, but he has all the tools. You have two difficult road games. One at Nebraska, and one at Penn State. The rest of your schedule is beyond favorable.

All you need is a QB to have 2 good games there and you're looking at potentially a very good season. Why not bring in an experienced guy to give you a chance to do that?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I disagree. I've seen Crist play a few times and I think he has the exact opposite of "X Factor."

BowLLoveR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Picture quality improves at 0:45

Last edited by a moderator:

BowLLoveR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good example of arm strength

[YOUTUBE]hf-Yob-v2l8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the guy had to be removed from games because of the boneheaded plays he makes.... Come on guys.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart next year: "Dayne Crist 4 Heisman guise!! GOAT QB of Wisconsin!!"

I think Dayne Crist has a great arm that has always been useless because of poor decision making skills. My hope is that with a better offensive line, he'll have more time to think and make less mistakes.

That said, i'm not sure why you think i'm so crazy for thinking Russell Wilson should have been a Heisman candidate. He might have the highest QB Rating for a season ever, has similar production to Andrew Luck and Kellen Moore, was undeniably clutch, and wound up leading his team to the B1G Title. Russell Wilson is the GOAT QB of Wisconsin, and I don't really think that is debatable.