• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day 3 draft thread

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Kaaya drafted in the 6th round.

Tom Brady drafted in the 6th round.

Too much of a coincidence. Lions are going to the SB baby!!!!!!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ILB - Jarrad Davis
2. CB - Teez Tabor
3. WR - Kenny Golladay
4. OLB - Jalen Reeves-Maybin
4. TE - Michael Roberts
5. CB - Jamal Agnew
6. DE - Jeremiah Ledbetter
6. QB - Brad Kaaya
7. DE - Pat O'Connor

The Lions are Super Bowl bound

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could really use a punter here

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting a bigger starting RB bothers me. Perine and Hunt were sitting there in Rd 3 and we decided to trade back and add depth players. I am really disappointed with this draft after Tabor.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting a bigger starting RB bothers me. Perine and Hunt were sitting there in Rd 3 and we decided to trade back and add depth players. I am really disappointed with this draft after Tabor.
If the hole is big enough a system back can be servicable, maybe that was the idea?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. I was on Hunt for months.

There are a couple good big RBs on the trade block and in FA though.

Matt Jones, and L Blount to name a few.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat O'Conner highlights 

7th rd draft pick DE O'Connor has some speed around the edge and a good motor from this highlight video. He needs some strength to shed blocks

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion here ya go regarding your fav pick of the draft

Best and riskiest moves for every team's 2017 NFL draft class

Quinn spent more time studying tape of Jalen “Teez” Tabor than any prospect he could remember, and for a former scout, that’s saying something. But taking a corner with a 4.68 40-yard dash at No. 53 is something that is at least mildly concerning. Quinn has been pretty prudent in taking picks with high floors and reasonable ceilings throughout his first two drafts

Detroit Lions draft grades: Full 7-round report card

Bob Quinn has already said play speed and reactionary speed is more important than timed speed.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty, if you get Fox2 out of Detroit watch the post draft show tomorrow. Rob was pretty pleased with the draft. Really likes the WR and TE, both should help this year. Loves the Tabor pick, said straight line speed isn't a concern as game speed and awareness are high. Davis should be QB of defense for a long time. Didn't talk too much draft, mostly beer, fishing and bonfires. Had a great conversation with Lomas Brown, Herman and Schlesinger. Awesome stories. LB is a gentle giant. First time meeting him, just an ordinary dude. Scott Conover was here too, game beat his add, hard time walking. I guess he's written quite a few children's books. Was outstanding with all the kids here.

Sorry not a ton of team insight, maybe we'll talk about it more this summer.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion here ya go regarding your fav pick of the draft

Best and riskiest moves for every team's 2017 NFL draft class

Quinn spent more time studying tape of Jalen “Teez” Tabor than any prospect he could remember, and for a former scout, that’s saying something. But taking a corner with a 4.68 40-yard dash at No. 53 is something that is at least mildly concerning. Quinn has been pretty prudent in taking picks with high floors and reasonable ceilings throughout his first two drafts

Detroit Lions draft grades: Full 7-round report card

Bob Quinn has already said play speed and reactionary speed is more important than timed speed.

Thanks for that. I agree with BQ when it comes to game speed, but the Prides report card looks like what I would expect from a homer site. No way this draft is a B grade.

Love Davis of course. Tabor was a reach at best. Golladay who I even like quite a bit was a reach in 3. Maybin will probably never see a down on defense unless we have injuries. I over-reacted on Roberts before seeing much on him and he actually looks pretty decent. Agnew will be a nice replacement for Bademosi, but also may spend the year on the PS unless we cut Johnny Badass. Ledbetter will never be a starter, he is rotational at best. We passed on both Smart and Qualls for him. Kaaya was a bargain in round 6. Pat O'connor we will never see again.

Grade C or C+ at best.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that. I agree with BQ when it comes to game speed, but the Prides report card looks like what I would expect from a homer site. No way this draft is a B grade.

Love Davis of course. Tabor was a reach at best. Golladay who I even like quite a bit was a reach in 3. Maybin will probably never see a down on defense unless we have injuries. I over-reacted on Roberts before seeing much on him and he actually looks pretty decent. Agnew will be a nice replacement for Bademosi, but also may spend the year on the PS unless we cut Johnny Badass. Ledbetter will never be a starter, he is rotational at best. We passed on both Smart and Qualls for him. Kaaya was a bargain in round 6. Pat O'connor we will never see again.

Grade C or C+ at best.

I got a feeling Tabor is going to be a big bust. Almost every WR in the NFL runs a 4.4 or better.

Davis was the best pick and he wasn't even the best MLB in the draft.

The TE pick was bizarre as hell. Bug Howard from NC went undrafted. Why waste a 4th or 5th rounder on some scrub?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joique is still available (add-on, 05-02-2017, Smitty gave the stink-eye for some odd reason)

on a serious note I wouldn't be surprised to see BQ sign Blount as a FA sometime down the road as a temporary stop gap for a year

link below. it's from yahoo sports.
Report: Lions 1 of 2 teams in play for LeGarrette Blount

League sources said at least two teams are squarely in play for Blount now that the draft has ended: The Detroit Lions and New York Giants, two franchises that are still mulling the addition of a bell-cow running back to eat up some early-down and short-yardage carries next season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link below. it's from yahoo sports.
Report: Lions 1 of 2 teams in play for LeGarrette Blount

League sources said at least two teams are squarely in play for Blount now that the draft has ended: The Detroit Lions and New York Giants, two franchises that are still mulling the addition of a bell-cow running back to eat up some early-down and short-yardage carries next season.

I think that is why we stayed away in the draft. There are a couple on the trade block as well. Blount does not have a ton of mileage for a 30 year old either and would not be asked to do a ton here. He would fit in nicely, but I have a feeling the money wont be right.