• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis Webb being told he is

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I just don't buy it:sorry:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Houston Texans select in the first round.....

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a pro FB scout, but I don't see any QB as worthy of a first round pick this year. JMO.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a pro FB scout, but I don't see any QB as worthy of a first round pick this year. JMO.
If somehow DeShaun Watson somehow fell to the Lions, I would take that in a heart beat.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow DeShaun Watson somehow fell to the Lions, I would take that in a heart beat.
Too many teams need QBs so I'm expecting several QBs taken in the first round on a hope more than anything else. I doubt Watson falls very far. Just not sure how many of them are "worth" a first round pick. Historically, it seems a good deal of the great ones are taken in latter rounds.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many teams need QBs so I'm expecting several QBs taken in the first round on a hope more than anything else. I doubt Watson falls very far. Just not sure how many of them are "worth" a first round pick. Historically, it seems a good deal of the great ones are taken in latter rounds.
I think Watson is worth a first rounder, the rest, probably not so much.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing shows how overvalued first round quarterbacks are if true. So many quarterbacks in the first round are misses because teams over evaluate getting that first round qb and lose value with their picks. If there are 5 quarterbacks worth a crap in the draft and they really should be picked at the best 3rd round, wait till the freaking 3rd round and get what is left. Just because you need a qb and there are these 'first round projections', look for another option. Rarely are quarterbacks worth a first round pick.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson is worth a first rounder, the rest, probably not so much.
He well may be worth a first round pick. Time will tell. Too many early round QBs don't seem to pan out.

Thing is so many NFL teams are so desparate for a QB they think a rookie can come in immediately and save 'em. If they have a great offensive line and running game like Dallas a lot of them probably can. But without surrounding them with such, you are asking a lot of a rookie. JMO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely correct. However, they didn't tell him they were referring to the CFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing shows how overvalued first round quarterbacks are if true. So many quarterbacks in the first round are misses because teams over evaluate getting that first round qb and lose value with their picks. If there are 5 quarterbacks worth a crap in the draft and they really should be picked at the best 3rd round, wait till the freaking 3rd round and get what is left. Just because you need a qb and there are these 'first round projections', look for another option. Rarely are quarterbacks worth a first round pick.
QBs after the top 5 picks are super risky. Every round. But especially after round 1. Late round QBs pan out once every couple of years.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't, even if you think Watson is the BAV player at that spot. Stafford isn't even 30 so he is your guy for at least another 5 years. You aren't going to draft a guy in the first round and have him wait till his second contract before he starts. And once you draft him you won't get equal value on a trade. Dealing or releasing Stafford would be your only option but you are getting rid of a franchise qb for a rookie who isn't a can't miss prospect.

Honestly if I'm a GM needing a QB I pass in round one and take Mahomes either late round 2 or early round 3. He is a system qb so he doesn't have the hype. But he is the best qb (including Webb and Mayfield) to come out of Tech since Leach arrived. He is the next Farve.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs after the top 5 picks are super risky. Every round. But especially after round 1. Late round QBs pan out once every couple of years.
Mediocre qb's get picked in round 1 all the time. They can be found in rounds 1-7. Blane Gabbert was a first round qb, so was Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is the best qb (including Webb and Mayfield) to come out of Tech since Leach arrived. He is the next Farve.
Not sure about the Farve comparison, but I agree I'd take Mahomes in the later rounds. He got the hell beat out of him at Tech so he's toughened up and has a big arm. It is pretty common knowledge around Lubbock that when Mahomes decided on Tech out of HS, Webb and Mayfield began looking because he was coach GQ's boy. One left quickly, the other took a while. However, it takes a while to develop QBs that come out of some college systems. That said, even the ones that come from pro style systems don't always pan out either...quickly or not.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre qb's get picked in round 1 all the time. They can be found in rounds 1-7. Blane Gabbert was a first round qb, so was Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow.
Yes, but everyone thinks every QB is mediocre coming out.

QB is more important than any 3 nfl positions combined. You can't just hope that every team in the NFL passes on the player you like. You have to take risks at the QB position.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but everyone thinks every QB is mediocre coming out.

QB is more important than any 3 nfl positions combined. You can't just hope that every team in the NFL passes on the player you like. You have to take risks at the QB position.
But if there are 3 comprable choices simply by waiting a few rounds (same goes for all positions), why the hell would you jump the gun, or not just trade down?