• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis/Cousins

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good will Davis and Cousins work together? And how dangerous does that potentially make the Pelicans now?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still need guard play and some shooters. This move might make them a borderline playoff team but they still need to make moves.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fascinating situation. You have to applaud NO for rolling the dice. You won get these players to come to NO as free agents.........................but if you resign Boogs and players see a jrue/boog/brow team, these FAs might just do that. They need a wing shooter, the rest is fillers. Good luck NO, great move

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a DUMB trade on the kings part the only justification for doing this was that Cousins would not sign an extension and wanted to go to the free agent market but from what I have read cousins wanted to stay in Sacramento for the money?

The Kings basically got a 1st round pick TOP 3 PROTECTED meaning if the lottery balls land top 3 in the draft the Pelicans get that pick back. So right now the Kings look like they could land like 6th or 7th pick at best assuming they tank the rest of the season. Other than that I believe they get a 2nd round pick next year which is worthless and a bunch of trash players. Again unless Cousins told management that he wouldn't want to sign an extension to me this is a dumb trade

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a DUMB trade on the kings part the only justification for doing this was that Cousins would not sign an extension and wanted to go to the free agent market but from what I have read cousins wanted to stay in Sacramento for the money?

The Kings basically got a 1st round pick TOP 3 PROTECTED meaning if the lottery balls land top 3 in the draft the Pelicans get that pick back. So right now the Kings look like they could land like 6th or 7th pick at best assuming they tank the rest of the season. Other than that I believe they get a 2nd round pick next year which is worthless and a bunch of trash players. Again unless Cousins told management that he wouldn't want to sign an extension to me this is a dumb trade
Even if he did tell management that it still seems pretty dumb. Because he still had over a year left on his contract. I can't imagine that they couldn't have gotten a better offer at some point over that time. Unless other teams didn't want him because of his attitude.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, both guys can shoot it from outside too.

Although, I would prefer it if Boogie wouldn't launch from 3 so often.

I think it will work, as long as egos don't get in the way.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The interior D, yikes. I think they will play great together, even though they both play Hero ball if you ask me watching games this year they both definitely look to pass. I like the Pick and Roll with Demarcus and Jrue with AD somewhere to clean it up. They will lead the league in offensive rebounds from here on out IMO. Very interested to see how the coach plays them together.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this be the perfect scenario for CP3 to return to New Orleans?

Cousins and Davis would thrive in an offense ran by Chris Paul. Pick and rolls with those two versatile bigs who could dive to the bucket or pop out for a jump shot would be hard to guard.

Surround them with some shooters and wing defenders and you have a top 3 team in the West.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interior D, yikes. I think they will play great together, even though they both play Hero ball if you ask me watching games this year they both definitely look to pass. I like the Pick and Roll with Demarcus and Jrue with AD somewhere to clean it up. They will lead the league in offensive rebounds from here on out IMO. Very interested to see how the coach plays them together.

Not sure if Gentry is up to coaching these guys. If the Pelicans were capable of exploiting mismatches -- abusing other teams who put small guys on AD/Cousins, this could be interesting.

I could also see AD evolving into handling the ball more on the perimeter.

Both AD & Cousins are pretty good passers (Cousins 5 assists/game) -- and Cousins is a decent defender -- and we know they both can hit a 3. So if this version of Twin Towers doesn't work, it may officially be dead.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is actually the opposite. They were due to make the decision to re-sign Boogie by next summer, and he was going to be expecting a super-max contract. Does a player that hasn't even managed a .500 season deserve a huge contract like that, especially with his reputation as a cancer and coach killer?

The Kings get the Pelicans 1st rounder (likely in the late lottery), plus they likely get to keep their own 1st (to Bulls if not top 10, currently at #11). Throw in Hield (#6 overall this summer) and the Kings get a nice influx of young talent to add to their already young core (Cauley-Stein, McLemore, Richardson, Koufos, Papagiannis, Labissiere). The bigger issue for the Kings is getting the right kind of vets to balance out the kids.

The Kings have cut out the cancer, that was the first step.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this be the perfect scenario for CP3 to return to New Orleans?

Cousins and Davis would thrive in an offense ran by Chris Paul. Pick and rolls with those two versatile bigs who could dive to the bucket or pop out for a jump shot would be hard to guard.

Surround them with some shooters and wing defenders and you have a top 3 team in the West.
If i am a free agent and offered a max contract- there are a LOT worse places to go than New Orleans now. do they have max room though?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are they both going to get their 20 shots per game?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i am a free agent and offered a max contract- there are a LOT worse places to go than New Orleans now. do they have max room though?

There's no guarantee that Cousins stays after next season. This trade killed that $30M advantage the current team usually holds, and the Pelicans can't dump him for a year if this goes bad either.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins and Davis are going to be great together IMO. The Pelicans won this deal hands down and probably clinched themselves a playoff spot with this move.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next move for NO:

They need to call Boston right now and find out what they would need to add to Terrence Jones in order to land Marcus Smart. Jones is expendable, the C's need another skilled front court player and Smart would be a great fit alongside that group.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next move for NO:
They need to call Boston right now and find out what they would need to add to Terrence Jones in order to land Marcus Smart. Jones is expendable, the C's need another skilled front court player and Smart would be a great fit alongside that group.

Danny would think that was a joke.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings got raped in this deal but the Pelicans are hardly another super team.

Holiday is an injury prone PG and they still need shooters.