• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Tyree rejoin Giants as director of player development

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former New York Giants wide receiver and Super Bowl hero David Tyree has been named the team's new director of player development.

"I'm overwhelmed with joy," Tyree said in a statement released by the team Tuesday. "I guess you could say it's a second homecoming. I'm grateful to have an experience with Charles Way, seeing his growth, his maturity as a professional. It even, to some degree, has impacted my life personally as a professional. Then having this opportunity to fill those shoes, I'm just grateful for the foundation that's been laid, I'm grateful to be an example and hopefully represent this great organization in the same light and continue the great atmosphere and tradition of a wonderful organization with a premier culture.

"I'm just thrilled to get in here and serve these players."

Tyree, who was working for the NFL, replaces Way, who took a job with the NFL a couple of weeks ago.

Tyree's place in Giants lore is the result of the famous "helmet catch" he made to keep alive the game-winning drive against the undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. Tyree was injured the following year in camp and never caught another NFL pass.

Source: ESPN New York

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never has one guy made so much from one damn catch!!!