• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Ortiz reprimanded for questioning official scorer's decision

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,768.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball executive vice president for baseball operations Joe Torre on Friday scolded Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz for showing his displeasure about an official scorer's decision earlier this week.

"Official scorers have a job to do, and by their very nature, their decisions don't make everyone happy," Torre said in a statement released by MLB. "But everyone in our game deserves respect. I hope that David will meet that standard going forward, because I don't share the same views that he expressed."

Ortiz hit a sharp two-hopper just to the right of Twins first baseman Joe Mauer in the seventh inning of Wednesday's game at Fenway Park. The ball bounced off Mauer's glove and rolled a few feet away. The off-balance Mauer was unable to recover, and Ortiz reached first base safely.

Source: ESPN Boston

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. It's about time people are telling him to STFU. He's cocky and an arrogant ball player. He always seems to have something controversial to say. He just needs to shut up and play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name/number on the back. I can care less if you were a player that was "bought" just play for your teammates and be glad you were on base. I know many will come to Ortiz's aid, but he does often come off as cocky and arrogant, sorry if you disagree and think i'm a moron.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team has been acting stupid this year.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,768.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a yankee fan you wouldnt think id like Ortiz. but I like Ortiz's cockiness

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Papi being Papi...

A lot of people in Boston don't like him, either - but he is what he is.

(And, they changed the error to a hit.)