1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by WizardHawk, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Anointed One

Anointed One RIP TEZ!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,036

This would make sense if that's the direction they choose to go... The NFL is changing.. For one, the inventory of smash mouth, run blocking OL isn't what it used to be so adjusting to the college game makes sense from that standpoint...

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  2. uwdawgfan

uwdawgfan Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Yes....it worked so well for Chip Kelly. Not gonna happen. Stay in yo lane Anointed...

3. MrSnuggles2k2

MrSnuggles2k2 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I think we are going to see a marked improvement with mostly the same roster.

4. uwdawgfan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Agreed, gonna be nice to see a new scheme.

5. Anointed One

Anointed One RIP TEZ!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,036

Talking about OC's, there pumpkin... Not Head coaches... And you think all college offenses use Chip Kellys type of offense? I encourage you to do some research on that...

And if we're keeping it in the NFC West (Chip Kelly as your example), Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh, had done pretty well for themselves when they transitioned from college to the pro's...

• Like Like x 1
  6. WizardHawk

WizardHawk #3 Standing with Coug nation

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 6,575

There isn't anyone that doesn't want that. Well at least no Seahawks fan.

I measure every question about replacing any player or coach the same way: What are you going to replace them with.

It's far from a given that their next OC will be better. We have seen many teams struggle to find offensive identity in the league and this teams identity is driven by Carroll's ultra conservative philosophy. As long as they won't spend money on that side of the ball I'm not sure how much anyone can expect.

7. HaroldSeattle

HaroldSeattle Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Level 3

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,828

Screenshot - 1_13_2018 , 9_28_56 AM.png
    Here's a screenshot of the top ten rushing offenses in the league. Do you notice that 9 of the top 10 are in the playoffs?
    Running the ball is still very important to success in the NFL.

8. Anointed One

Anointed One RIP TEZ!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,036

I agree with that but the smash mouth approach that we've been trying to reinvent may not be the style we use anymore...

9. HaroldSeattle

HaroldSeattle Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Level 3

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 3,828

IDK, have to wait and see. Seems to me Pete really, truly believes in a strong running game. So I expect he'll continue trying establish a offense that is balance.

10. uwdawgfan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Agreed...Im sure that is what Carroll wants to get back to. Easier said than done.

11. Anointed One

Anointed One RIP TEZ!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,036

Agreed... We need an offense with balance... We must regain a running game but maybe now the pound it, grind it style we had during our SB run... The Steelers, Eagles, Panthers, Chiefs, Patriots, run the ball but I don't view them a smash mouth, grind it style like we had... I guess that's how I'm envisioning we model our running game after...

But to your point, with out a doubt, we need to establish the running game...

12. uwdawgfan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Sorry Anointed, not gonna run college style offense with this team. Ya gotta love Cougar fans,so cute!

13. JMR

JMR Go Army!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Heh, so if I don't agree Darrell Bevell was 100% pure garbage with zero redeeming qualities then that means I'm in the Bevell fan club? Sorta funny in a false dilemma kind of way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. uwdawgfan

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 85

Ya , but dont you wanna move on ? Dosent it feel stale as fuck? You wanna face another year of 0-3 points at halftime and Wilson running for his life in second half trying to score points and ignoring called play? Another year of 1st quarter scripted plays that dont work? Im ready, dont think Bevelll is a complete jack ass, his calls just got stale.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. MrSnuggles2k2

MrSnuggles2k2 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

i dont remember a lot of criticism coming out of you, almost pure defense of bevell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JMR

JMR Go Army!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I'll reiterate what I said a couple days ago.... Cable was the problem much moreso than Bevell. Cable was in charge of the running game. But if Bevell must go for Cable to be gone as well, then I'm ok with a clean sweep. Overall net gain. Need a fresh set of eyes on the OL/run game problem.

17. JMR

JMR Go Army!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

My "defense" of Bevell is pretty focused on him not being the main problem with what has happened the last couple years to the offense. I've never said he was one of the league's best OCs or anything close.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Podunkparte

Podunkparte 12 > 49

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Don't know if those are your words, their words, or generic words, but I wouldn't say what we've seen the last 2 years or with the Zone Blocking Scheme overall, is "smash mouth" football. I'm down with a smash mouth running game if we had guys/coaches who took that to heart. More times than not lately I've seen 5 girl scouts who couldn't even put their 300 lb body in front of a guy to merely disrupt his unimpeded route to the QB.

Basically what I've seen has been some kind of "finesse" running game and that shit is absolutely doomed from the start. Give me some pissed off malcontent on the Oline any day over someone who pisses his pants every snap *coughIfedicough*