• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Snuggles. When he says there are many criticisms of Bevell, he's really saying that he's been criticizing him for years. Hell, he wanted him fired after winning the SB.

Bevell isn't perfect, but he's been a very good OC for a very long time (especially by NFL standards). Bears could do much worse.

Agreed... If I were the Bears, I wouldn't have any issues hiring him... He wasn't the main problem here in Seattle... Heck @richig07 , Snuggles wants Pete Carroll fired too, so take what he says with a grain of salt...

Whether people want to hear it or not, Russell Wilson isn't w/out fault either... Grass isn't always greener on the other side...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts as well... I was 110% ready to move on from Cable...

I'm not entirely sure there were any holdouts in the Cable should be kept party.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure there were any holdouts in the Cable should be kept party.

Agreed... He was "the" problem... Bevell was used as a scapegoat imo... Curious to see who we get to replace him...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... If I were the Bears, I wouldn't have any issues hiring him... He wasn't the main problem here in Seattle... Heck @richig07 , Snuggles wants Pete Carroll fired too, so take what he says with a grain of salt...

Whether people want to hear it or not, Russell Wilson isn't w/out fault either... Grass isn't always greener on the other side...

i only said carroll should be fired if he wouldnt get rid of cable/bevell.

so no, i dont want carroll fired.

as far as bevell having such a great track record, well, theres good reason why no team would offer him a HC job and i would bet bitcoin that he never gets another OC job at the pro level.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard nearly as much about possible DC replacements as much as I have the OC.

This is probably dumb and I don't know why I am even saying it cause I think the guy is a douche, but how would you guys feel about Rex Ryan taking over at DC?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard nearly as much about possible DC replacements as much as I have the OC.

This is probably dumb and I don't know why I am even saying it cause I think the guy is a douche, but how would you guys feel about Rex Ryan taking over at DC?
No thanks.

I don't think anyone's forgiven him yet for wrecking the last two teams he was on...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks outside of our base will have to forgive the vocal minority that had a huge case of the ass over Bevell. To them every single great play was entirely in spite of him and every bad play was 100% on him and him alone. That's how they see things.

Just know most of us didn't see it that way. Sure we didn't love every play he called, nor designed for that matter. Had problems with how he handled Percy and really hasn't used Graham right for the most part, although he did get better with it.

Most of us put more of the coaching blame on Cable. It's the one thing almost all can agree on. He should have been gone years ago.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to forgive the vocal majority in our fanbase, they are the official bevell fan club that couldnt see the failures he was responsible for nor that he was deserving of any blame. No, theyd rather blame the defense or blame it 100% on tom cable. For the record, cable is a horrible OL coach that deserved to be fired more than anyone in recent memory.

Just say no to bevell

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiight. Coaches have nothing to do with a rookie QB's development. lol

Never said that but Bevell did really nothing for Wilson. Unlike a few people i liked Bevell and even pointed out how well the Hawks offense has been under his direction many of times the past couple seasons. But only someone that has no clue what has been going on around the Hawks would say Bevell improved Wilsons play LMAO!

Wilson is Wilson and is pure magic, he was that before Bevell and will be that after Bevell. If anyone learned anything it would have been Wilson teaching Bevell. Bevell is a good OC i never said he wasn't but he never developed a QB in his time as a OC anywhere really just look at his History. If you think Wilson was developed by Bevell you have not been paying attention.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to forgive the vocal majority in our fanbase, they are the official bevell fan club that couldnt see the failures he was responsible for nor that he was deserving of any blame. No, theyd rather blame the defense or blame it 100% on tom cable. For the record, cable is a horrible OL coach that deserved to be fired more than anyone in recent memory.

Just say no to bevell
giphy.gif

Huge difference between the two statements.

I don't know anyone that thought Bevell was without faults or had plays/games worthy of criticism. You, on the other hand cannot EVER find one play to give him credit for. Doesn't matter that they won a SB with him running the offense. 100% of every single positive play was entirely in spite of him. Period. You've said as much. It's entirely ludicrous.

In your eyes every player mistake should have been anticipated and prevented with a better play call. True or not?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb? Nah, that's probably too harsh. Maybe unlikely though. I think Pete probably wants a more subordinate type DC to run his defense the way it's been run for the last 6 or 7 years. Rex may be too big of a personality for that. I would guess the guy we bring in here (if we cannot swipe Bradley away from SD) would be someone who hasn't been a HC or maybe not even a DC in the NFL before. Now offense? I could see that being someone with a taller resume vs a fresh face. But who knows for sure....going to find out soon though!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and he wouldn't be running his offense. Like I said in the above post, Nagy has announced that he will call plays. I just want a guy who knows QB's, and how to coach them. As I illustrated above, Bevell has a lovely track history with that.
I think you have a pragmatic view of this issue/Bevell. There are some (maybe even many) Hawks fans who cannot get over the emotion of the SB49 loss and must have someone to blame. Bevell has built a very respectable resume in Seattle, and I think he won't be out of a job all that long. If the next stop is Chicago where he won't be calling plays, I'm not sure how attractive that is for a guy who's been an OC in the league for 10 years but you take what you can get I guess. Not unusual for coaches to have to take a step down at a new place before getting back to where they were.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure quinn was under contract when he signed with atlanta

2011 was with tarvaris (turdvaris) jackson and lynch, turdvaris was bevell's guy, fyi.

as far as all the good years, we were running the read option with a HoF back in lynch and a very good QB in wilson. defenses just hadnt caught up to the college offense we were running. even when our O was putting up good numbers, bevell's boneheaded playcalls hurt the team.

if you go back through the years on this forum you will find my many, many criticisms of bevell. i repeatedly said "bevell's play calling will cost us games", i was right and unfortunately it cost us the SB (a lot of people are going to feel the butthurt at this comment).

just trust me, you DO NOT want him. i would want him on my arch rival because i know he would be detrimental.
Of course one can look at any OC and say his calls have cost games, but one can also say his calls have won games.
We have won many more games than lost when Bev called the shots. A lot more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have a pragmatic view of this issue/Bevell. There are some (maybe even many) Hawks fans who cannot get over the emotion of the SB49 loss and must have someone to blame. Bevell has built a very respectable resume in Seattle, and I think he won't be out of a job all that long. If the next stop is Chicago where he won't be calling plays, I'm not sure how attractive that is for a guy who's been an OC in the league for 10 years but you take what you can get I guess. Not unusual for coaches to have to take a step down at a new place before getting back to where they were.

I agree. He'll likely go somewhere to call plays. He is over-qualified for our OC job.

I also understand the reaction to something like that initially... I guess I just don't get caught up in that stuff. One play doesn't define anybody. No matter how large. Bill Buckner was still an all-star first baseman, who you would have taken on your team.... to draw an analogy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that but Bevell did really nothing for Wilson. Unlike a few people i liked Bevell and even pointed out how well the Hawks offense has been under his direction many of times the past couple seasons. But only someone that has no clue what has been going on around the Hawks would say Bevell improved Wilsons play LMAO!

Wilson is Wilson and is pure magic, he was that before Bevell and will be that after Bevell. If anyone learned anything it would have been Wilson teaching Bevell. Bevell is a good OC i never said he wasn't but he never developed a QB in his time as a OC anywhere really just look at his History. If you think Wilson was developed by Bevell you have not been paying attention.

but he never developed a QB in his time as a OC anywhere really just look at his History.

He developed Wilson. This is utterly childish. Spin it however you'd like... but he developed Wilson. Wilson may or may not have been great with a number of coaches. However, it was Bevell's whose system he grew in, and ultimately thrived in. Coaching staff's have a big, big impact on young QB's. Trust me, in Chicago... we know all about ruining young QB's.

"Wilson is just magic!".... Lol. Yes, he turned out to be magic. So, this is easy to say... However, it is extremely narrow-minded. If Wilson would have come to Chicago in 2012, we would have likely f'd it up with the Mike Tice's and Marc Trestman's of the world.

He didn't develop Wilson! Wilson came out of the womb ready to lead an NFL offense! Jesus himself lives inside of Russel, and he makes miracles happen every time he touches the ball! He's my favorite! How dare you insinuate anyone else played a role in his career! He could play one-on-eleven and make plays!

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also "developed" turdvaris jackson...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also "developed" turdvaris jackson...

Tavaris Jackson was in his 6th year when he came to Seattle... lol

He also had the best season of his career with Bevell.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was with bevell in minnesota when he was drafted.