• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is hope for the future.

They must have someone in mind already and possibly a deal in place? Hoping for something big.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also find it a bit strange that Richard appears to be on the outs. Before he became the DC, I actually liked him as a good bet to succeed Carroll. This D looked to me to be pretty fantastic the first few games of the season until key players went down. Even then, it turned in some pretty good performances but just not as consistently.

I agree with you. I think you and @HaroldSeattle are right and I'm just being extremely nitpicky. Kind of surprised there are rumors he might be let go.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. A fresh start, hopefully a good thing.

I don't think we could do much worse than Cable. The coaching has been terrible, as have the players that have been drafted. For Christ sake, Cable thought that Joeckel was as good as any guard in the NFL when he was in Jacksonville. I think that influenced the inflated salary we gave him. Additionally from what I've heard, it sounds like Cable has a lot of influence over the offensive line picks we've made in the draft.

The Seahawks have drafted one good offensive lineman since Cable was with this team (Okung). Two if you include Justin Britt who is IMO just a league average center.

Many of the selections at offensive line just haven't been busts, but have been questionable from the beginning. James Carpenter was garbage, John Moffit was garbage, Ifedi is garbage and all of them were reaches from the first place.

His only success was his ability to help coach J.R. Sweezy from defensive line to a functional guard.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it’s looking like just about every offensive coach will be let go before the axe stops swinging

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tom Cable............

giphy.gif

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard dialed numerous creative blitzes this season. How could you not have noticed? His first season though was a cluster f***. He seemed to clear all the miscommunication up this season.

Yep, glad you mentioned this. I've always been curious as to how impossible we could've made our base D during the glory years if we'd mixed in the odd blitz here and there. I think Wagner would be a DPOY candidate every damn year if he was allowed to freelance a bit more. He's a terror on the blitz, but they don't let him do it much.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, glad you mentioned this. I've always been curious as to how impossible we could've made our base D during the glory years if we'd mixed in the odd blitz here and there. I think Wagner would be a DPOY candidate every damn year if he was allowed to freelance a bit more. He's a terror on the blitz, but they don't let him do it much.

According to PFF Wagner had a really great pass rushing rating whenever he rushed the passer. I think it mostly has to do with how ridiculously explosive he is. Unsure what his 40 time was, but I honestly think he could be the fastest mike in the NFL right now.

I do think Wagner should get the DPOY this year, but as always there is a really compelling argument for Aaron Donald. It should come down to those two.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANNNNNNNNNND HE'S OUTTA THERE!

FUCK YOU CABLE.

So can't disclose who or names, but I know someone who works for Seattle and the RUMOR is Kris Richard is also gone. OC replacement rumors are Gary Kubiak, Mike McCoy or Marc Trestman.

Total coaching house cleaning (outside of Pete).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta calm myself. Niece trying to sleep in a nearby room

Well wake that kid the fuck up and have her toss back a cold one with ya in celebration of this glorious day!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kris Richard is apparently gone too. As I said before, I wasn't as open to getting rid of Richard. All the injuries on D is what F'd him this year and Seattle's lack of ANY offensive production in the 1st half. Not his playcalling.

I agree with WalterFootball's grade on both of these:

Walter Football said:
Seahawks fire OC Darrell Bevell, DC Kris Richard: A+ and C- Grade
It's about time the Seahawks fired Darrell Bevell. The former offensive coordinator first took heavy criticism for throwing the ball on the 1-yard line in the Super Bowl, leading to the infamous interception to give New England the victory. Bevell's play-calling has often been dubious, and players questioned him openly. Carroll should've axed Bevell a couple of years ago, but it's better late than never.

As for Kris Richard, that's a more questionable decision. Richard was seen as an up-and-coming coach and has even interviewed for some head gigs. He did a decent job as Seattle's coordinator. Perhaps the Seahawks can find someone better, but that's not a given. Seattle's defense fell apart this past season because of countless injuries; not Richard's play-calling.

Read more: NFL Coach Fire and Hire Grades: WalterFootball.com

Read more at NFL Coach Fire and Hire Grades: WalterFootball.com

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hope that the Bears bring him in as OC under Nagy.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest... I did not go into this off-season expecting the Seahawks to clean house with the coaching staff. Bevell and Cable's firings were hoped for by a lot of people, but given how long they'd lasted to this point despite the problems on offense, even that wasn't a given. The idea that they'd let go of Richard too, knowing that a lot of the issues on defense this year stemmed from injuries on that side of the ball, never occurred to me as something that might actually happen. To have that much change in one off-season, especially when you include the number of players who are unlikely to return (Avril, Kam and Graham in particular), is pretty surprising. It makes you wonder what this team is going to look like when they take the field in September.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it’s looking like just about every offensive coach will be let go before the axe stops swinging
Probably wont be worse off for it. I didn't have a problem with Bevell and would have been perfectly ok with him staying on, but if he needs to go for Cable to be gone then I chalk it up as an overall positive. I like the fact that Cable will not be involved in any free agent or draft decision on the OL going forward. Fresh eyes on the problem, big thumbs up for me.