• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darrell Bevell fired

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable needs to be next. The players have zero respect for him, and he's done fuck all with the O-Lineman we've drafted and was even too stupid not to keep Jahri Evans who went on to have a great season with the Saints in 16' after we cut him, and a serviceable season in 17 with the Packers, while Seattle sports probably the 2 worst guards, and the 2 worst tackles (before Brown) in the NFL. Inexcusable.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hallelluia!!

They finally heard my prayers.

No to sark no to cable, get a young "genius" and make him a hc some day.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, so let's hope Pete and John have someone in mind who is a fine OC while also a better offensive line coach than "the guru."

This move only makes sense if they fire Cable as well.

Yeah, I hope they can land the "right" OC now. A young up-and-comer will have a tough time telling Cable how to go about fixing that line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUODHoey, post: 11117995, member: 9595"]Mike McCoy?[/QUOTE]
That won't be a bad choice IMO.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I do believe you have said anyone would be better, so no qualifying after the fact.

I knew you would be butt hurt at this news.

Sark would be an upgrade but i would pass on him.

Cable has to be fired next, no OC worth his salt is going to take a job where he doesnt have control of the offense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Clayton whiffed on "no major changes" for the coaching staff.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any problems with letting Bevell go, but it really doesn't matter who you bring in if you have the same offense and same limits put on it by your head coach working with the same garbage line, mediocre running backs and only one or two real dangerous pieces in receiving.

Someone did research on offensive productivity vs payroll and Seattle was near tops. They were 11th overall in offense despite having the worst line (or one of the worst anyway) and all of those issues with staff.

And ffs get over the last play of the SB. :L They run like 80 plays a game? Times 19 games to get you to that point. Shitty OC's don't get you to within one play of winning a SB with a below average set of players on offense. That's just a pure fact.

So they had better upgrade at that position and that's not going to be easy. You have to find a guy that can not only give you a better play at the 1 to win the SB, but still GET YOU THERE to begin with as well.

And without Cable going and changes to both the payroll spent and players acquired for that side of the ball no OC in the world can make that offense spectacular. They need to do much much more.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hallelluia!!

They finally heard my prayers.

No to sark no to cable, get a young "genius" and make him a hc some day.

The fact that in earlier threads you thought that the Pete Carroll should be under consideration to be fired pretty much invalidates your opinions on who to or not to pick for a replacement. :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would be butt hurt at this news.

Sark would be an upgrade but i would pass on him.

Cable has to be fired next, no OC worth his salt is going to take a job where he doesnt have control of the offense.
Butthurt? :lol: I don't care if Bevell got fired, because I don't think it matters much. Unless the Seahawks do something drastic to repair the OL no OC is going to look good . Good chance that no big changes happen to the OL so we'll get the chance to make that obvious .

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that in earlier threads you thought that the Pete Carroll should be under consideration to be fired pretty much invalidates your opinions on who to or not to pick for a replacement. :L

If cable gets the oc job i will carry a sign to the games that reads "FIRE PETE".

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be only one good thing coming from Sark being OC:

And that would be us saying He has gotten into the moonshine again when our play calling is stupid

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shitty OC's don't get you to within one play of winning a SB with a below average set of players on offense. That's just a pure fact.

Wilson and lynch are not below average, without them carroll is gone after 4 years of 7-9 football.
Bevell rode their coat tails like he rode brett favre, adrian peterson, and percy harvin on the vikings.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson and lynch are not below average, without them carroll is gone after 4 years of 7-9 football.
Bevell rode their coat tails like he rode brett favre, adrian peterson, and percy harvin on the vikings.
The line has been bad every year they have been here. Lynch covered that up, but every snap he wasn't in there proved it was all him.

And who have the receivers been over that span? Baldwin and who? They had Tate the year they won it. He left. They failed to win it the next year with Baldwin and Kearse as your receiving corp. There aren't many OC's that would have been able to establish the offensive numbers they had with that group to the point of reaching the very last play of the SB.

So you got your wish. I'll reserve final opinion on whether or not it was a good move until after we see who they replace him with and what upgrades they give that new coordinator (if any).

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Hackett from Jacksonville?

20170118-Hackett.jpg

Help build the Jags to that Rushing powerhouse this year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he under contract next year?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never impressed with the offense Sark ran with the Huskies. So that he might become Seahawks OC seems crazy. I blamed him for not developing Jake Locker his senor year, instead Jake regressed. This is a depressing development.
For all you Bevell haters, you should of been careful what you wished for.:mad2:

When the Sark comes back, all the bars in the U District will start collection actions for his unpaid bar bills.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, she finally got her wish. She seems to know the offense better than Bevell so maybe we should make her the new OC

th